She's Back

Take Care of the Ending

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Ryu Sujeong imnida!”

 

She’s cheerful and her slightly chubby cheeks gave her both the cute and mature look. She’s courteous, that’s for sure. At once glance, she can already be seen as a girl who grew up with a silver spoon on but was absolutely able to keep her feet on the ground.

 

“Nice meeting you, Sujeong. I’ll like it if you’ll call me unnie.”

 

“Thank you, Jieun unnie.” And she smiled warmly. Jieun finally met Junhong’s girlfriend and she’s proud of his dongsaeng’s choice in women.

 

“I’m sorry if I was very late. I really thought that this dinner would take place tomorrow but Junhong here informed me on a very short notice that it would be moved today.”

 

“It’s ok, unnie. But my oppa might arrive and fetch me anytime soon.”

 

“Then we’ll just maximize the time left of us. And I’ll definitely want to hang-out with you more because you would have to tell me stories of Junhong without him listening.”

 

“Yah! Noona!”

 

Both Jieun and Sujeong laughed at Junhong’s reaction. “I’ll make sure to tell Jieun unnie all the embarrassing ones.” Sujeong added.

 

Thirty minutes of nothing but good stories had passed and Jieun is growing quite fond of Junhong’s girlfriend. Sujeong and Junhong met at some record store near their university. Sujeong admitted that she really can’t take eyes off Junhong that time not because he’s the most handsome man inside the store but because he’s the tallest. Both of them end up grabbing the same CD and that’s where everything began. Jieun was happy enough that Junhong didn’t chickened out on making the first move and asking Sujeong out on a date.

 

Then Sujeong’s phone rang.

 

“Yes, oppa? I’m with Junhongie~ we are with his noona. Yeah, come over here so that you can meet her. I’ll wait for you, ok? Annyeong!”

 

Sujeong ended the conversation quickly and smiled sheepishly afterwards.

 

“That phone call was quick.”

 

“My oppa tends to ask so many questions on phone. He’s really annoying sometimes.”

 

Jieun chuckled. “I guess that’s how every oppa is. My oppa is also like that.” Then she remembered his Changsun oppa. She was able to meet with him a few times while she stayed in Japan and he’s the only person who managed to know the real happening between Myungsoo and her.

 

She actually expected that Changsun would go all angry and panicked knowing about her break up with Myungsoo but he turned out to be calm and comforting. She didn’t know if Changsun and Myungsoo ever had the chance to talk or if Changsun was ever angry at her ex.

 

Now, Changsun is in Taiwan for some vacation. Does that guy need a vacation when he was never seen working by Jieun? Strange.

 

“Here he is.” Sujeong announced as she saw her oppa entering the restaurant. Jieun whose seat is back-facing the door didn’t bother to turn around and just waited for Sujeong’s oppa to reach their table.

 

“How can you manage to stand Sujeong’s annoying presence every day, Junhong?”

 

The familiar voice made Jieun’s head turn to the newcomer in the table and was shocked to see the handsome man with very sharp facial features who happens to be good friends with her ex boyfriend.

 

“Hoya oppa?”

 

Hoya turned his attention at Jieun and was absolutely surprised to see her as well. “Jieun-ah. You’re back!”

 

Both Sujeong and Junhong were confused with the situation. “You know each other?”

 

“Through Myungsoo.” She answered shortly.

 

“Oh.” Junhong uttered a simple reply. Of course, Junhong also knows how sensitive the name “Myungsoo” or “Kim Myungsoo” is to his noona’s ears and anything about him should not be talked about when she’s around.

 

“Sujeong is your sister?”

 

“She’s my stepsister.”

 

“So that explains the surname difference.” Hoya’s surname is Lee and she remembers clearly that Hoya doesn’t have any sisters before. Maybe it’s not long since he and Sujeong became siblings.

 

“How are you? When did you come back?”

 

“Just a week ago. I’m perfectly fine.” Jieun let out a small smile.

 

“Have you talked to Myungsoo already?” Hoya asked rather carefully. It’s obvious to him that Jieun is still not comfortable with what happened judging from how she awkwardly mentioned Myungsoo’s name.

 

Jieun sighed. “I have not talked to him yet and I don’t have any plans to.”

 

***

 

“SUNGJONG!”

 

“SUNGJONG-AH!”

 

“LEE SUNGJONG, COME OUT, YOU PUNK!”

 

After a few moments, the youngest person in that house came out of the room with annoyance plastered all over his face.

 

It’s a Sunday night and Infinite decided to hang out on their place. It is a big house which can comfortably accommodate seven young, men on their free time and on weekends. Each person in Infinite of course has their own different lives but all of them are being trained for business and whatnot. Their lives as a child of a chaebol are hard enough.

 

“What do you want, Sunggyu hyung?”

 

“What took you so long to come out, huh?”

 

“I was talking to Jiae and you just interrupted us, hyung.”

 

“Yah! Lee Sungjong. Just because you’re the only one here who has a girlfriend that doesn’t mean you can just ignore your hyungs.”

 

It’s true. Out of everyone in Infinite, Sungjong is surprisingly the only one who is officially in a relationship with someone. And that someone isn’t just someone because she is Yoo Jiae, currently a rising star of the fashion world.

 

Sungjong was lectured almost every day by Sunggyu about how he should not ignore his hyungs because of her girlfriend and all of that stuff. He is definitely irritated but he just managed to understand his oldest hyung. Sunngyu has been living in this world for 27 years and in that span of time, he only dated twice, both only lasted for six months. He hasn’t been dating anyone for seven years now and with that, Sungjong completely understands how frustrated his hyung might be and he, being the youngest but has a beautiful, loving girlfriend only rubs off to Sunggyu’s face how lonely his life is.

 

“Gyu hyung. Don’t vent out your frustration of being a single old man on Sungjong.” Woohyun said as he cut out heart shapes on a pink paper.

 

“What the hell are you doing, Nam Woohyun? What are those paper hearts for?”

 

“Bo Young wants me to help with her younger sister’s scrapbook assignment. She told me we’ll go out again if I manage to make 100 small pink hearts and 200 big red ones.”

 

Everyone laughed. Among the seven of them, Nam Woohyun was known to be the less serious one. He only dates and never gets himself into having a commitment with someone. But his fiancée, the mature-thinking Park Bo Young, who is stuck with the arranged marriage with him, has managed to change the playboy Woohyun. Now, he is willing to do everything just for Bo Young to end up marrying him because apparently, Bo Young just called their engagement off two weeks ago.

 

“Why are you laughing, huh? This is a proof of true love! True love!”

 

“Whatever you say, Woohyun. You’re completely being Bo Young’s slave now.” Dongwoo commented and let out another laugh.

 

“What about you? How long will you wait for Yejin noona?” Sungyeol asked rather mocking and it made Dongwoo’s laugh die out.

 

“Yejin noona? Who’s that?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“You don’t know? It’s Ailee noona!” Sungjong answered his hyung and it made Sunggyu’s eyes widen and ask Dongwoo. “You’re still waiting for her to come back!?”

 

Ailee is someone that they consider as Dongwoo’s greatest love. Nothing was ever official between the two of them because Ailee was the type of girl who is easy going and free spirited. She doesn’t want to get tied down especially by a man and thus it explains why she hasn’t fully committed herself to Dongwoo. Three years ago, she followed her parents in Colorado but left Dongwoo a promise that if she’ll ever come back, she’ll completely give herself to him. And obviously, that promise is what kept Dongwoo waiting up until now.

 

“You know, Sungyeol hyung, waiting sincerely is an act of love. You don’t know that because you have never been in love.” Sungjong said and Sungyeol just scoffed. Sungjong’s right, though. He had never let himself fall in love with any girl up until now because he already faced the fact that he’s going to end up in an arranged marriage with someone.

 

“Love? What is that? Can I even eat that thing?” Sungyeol retorted back.

 

“But wait, where’s Hoya and Myungsoo?” Sunggyu noticed the absence of the two.

 

“Hoya fetched Sujeongie from a date. He’s playing the overprotective oppa again.” Sungyeol answered Sunggyu’s question. “As for Myungsoo, he’s in his room, watching , I guess.”

 

 

***

 

Rest is what Myungsoo desperately needs right now.

 

After he took over most of the projects in his mother’s company, he can hardly remember the time that he was able to rest for more than a week. He liked it somehow because he can finally do something a little more significant with his life and he can keep himself from thinking about Jieun.

 

But upon knowing that he might see Jieun anywhere at any time isn’t really helping him get relaxed.

 

Myungsoo admits that here hasn’t been a single day in the whole365 days that he forgot about Jieun. He doesn’t know how he would feel that  his five years with Jieun just suddenly crushed like that because of something that wasn’t even planned to  happen in the first place. But he wasn’t sure if he still loves Jieun like before or he’s just really too angry that he wasn’t able to defend himself from Jieun’s false accusations. But if he would be given a chance, he would definitely want to turn back time and prevent that from happening.

 

It hurt him as much as it hurt Jieun and drowning himself with alcohol for two weeks and suffering alcohol intoxication from it is not even enough to explain how much he was hurt that time. It took him 4 months to be able to feel better at least a little bit. He has been asking himself almost every day if he was ever enough for Jieun he knows that half of the reason of their break up is his fault. It’s not just simply because he was caught kissing another girl but Myungsoo believes that it’s so much more and maybe that is what Myungsoo wants to know all that time. What were his faults? What were his flaws? Was he really never enough for Jieun?

 

He keeps thinking how he would face Jieun because there is a huge possibility of them seeing each other. The world is too small for them and he already has a hint that Jieun is back from Japan.

 

“As for Myungsoo, he’s in his room, watching , I guess.”

 

Sungyeol’s sentence is what brought Myungsoo back to his senses. He doesn’t like how his name and ‘’ go in on sentence. He immediately got up of his bed and out of his room.

 

“Yah! I’m not like you, Lee Sungyeol!”

 

“Yeah, yeah whatever.”

 

Then the door opened. Hoya entered with two plastic bags by his hands.

 

“Where have you been, Lee Howon?” Sunggyu asked. “And what are those?”

 

“Ddukbokki. I just fetched Sujeong from her date with Choi Junhong.”

 

“Why can’t you just let them be, huh? Junhong’s a good kid. I met him twice and he’s really nice.” Dongwoo commented as he gets the ddukbokki from Hoya.

 

“They only started going out for 2 months. I still don’t trust him that much.”

 

And Hoya’s next words made everyone in the whole house stop. “And I met Lee Jieun. She’s already back from Japan just a week ago.”

 

Everyone fell quiet as they slowly turned their heads to Kim Myungsoo who is struggling to hide away his shock.

 

“Is that so? Okay.” Myungsoo said rather awkwardly and he is sure that the following days would not be as easy for him now and for Jieun definitely.

 

 

 


 

 

CHAPTER 2 IS UP! :)

 

Thank you very much for such warm response on the first chapter! I sure do appreciate them very much!

So yeah, this chapter is pretty much just about Infinite and their own little love affairs. Kekeke~

 

So what can you say about this chapter? This is actually a little bit of a filler but it will be better on the next one. Jieun and Myungsoo's paths might already cross on the next chappie so stay tuned!

 And I noticed that you guys want a love triangle. Well, spoiler alert! There would really be a love triangle. I have somone in mind already but I'm still not decided about that another man. Could you guys give suggestions? Thankiee!

 

Read.Comment.Subscribe.Upvote.ENJOY!

 

lovelots.

matoki_angel