Six Years Later

Take Care of the Ending

 

 

"JIEUN-AH!!!!"

 

Jieun was welcomed by Jiyeon's loud squeal and tight hug that she almost can't breathe anymore. "You sure do miss me so much, Jiyeon."

 

“Of course! One year is a very long time. So, what can you say about the place?”

 

As soon as she heard that Jieun’s already back from Japan, she invited Jieun over to her newly opened bistro. After college, Jiyeon started managing her family's restaurant business and shhe enjoyed her career so much that her family owns numerous cafés, bistros and restaurants all over the country. What’s amazing there is that she managed to do that in just two years since she took over the business.

 

"The atmosphere here is nice. Out of all the bistros you owned, I would say that this is my favorite." Jieun commented as she looked around the place. The place has a soothing and relaxing vintage feels. It certainly suits her type.

 

"Really? Ah, I feel so proud. I really worked hard for this one that I dragged Jongup with me on taking care of everything. He was a little bit stressed because of me actually."

 

"Good thing you were able to get your husband involve in this one."

 

A year after the announcement of their engagement, Jongup and Jiyeon tied the knot and has been living as a happy married couple for five years. It’s really amazing that they are able to manage their marriage well despite of their young age.

 

"He's too focused with the matters in the company we barely see each other. So I forced him to help me with this one so we can have some time together."

 

It’s really obvious that Jiyeon is happy with everything that’s happening with her life right now. From her career to her marriage, everything perfectly into place and for that, she feels happy as well for her friend.

 

“But have you met Junhong’s girlfriend?”

 

Jieun was currently sipping on her iced tea and she almost got choked with it because of the surprising news.

 

“What!? Really?”

 

“That kid didn’t tell you?”

 

“He didn’t mention anything like that when we last talked to each other before I left Japan. Since when?

 

“I think it has been a month now.”

 

“I would definitely ask him about this when we meet tomorrow!”

 

Jieun sighed out of shock. It surprised her but she does feel really happy for Junhong. At some point, she feels that Junhong has grown up so much already and for that she is very proud.

 

A lot of things changed in just about a year. Indeed, a year is such a long time.

 

Then the atmosphere suddenly got tensed and Jiyeon started to get fidgety in her seat. Her next question is actually the main reason why she wanted to meet up with Jieun. It was very unclear to her as to why Jieun stayed in Japan for a year and she can remember how everyone was surprised when the 3 day vacation with her boyfriend turned out to be a year long stay for business matters.

 

But what shocked everyone was the fact that a day after Jieun went for Japan, Myungsoo came back and the first thing that he did was to get drunk and that’s all he ever did for a good two weeks.

 

“Jieun, what happened to you and Myungsoo?”

 

Jiyeon asked as careful and gentle as possible but it came to Jieun like a strong thunderclap right behind her ears.

 

“I know the two of you broke up but why exactly?”

 

Jieun tried so hard to answer the question casually without having to break down into tears because no matter how much she hides it, it still stings a little bit.

 

Jieun sighed. She wants to call God to personally stop tears from starting to form in her eyes. And then the sensation comes again. That feeling as if someone is squeezing her heart so hard to the point that even breathing hurts.

 

She actually never saw that day coming that they would break up in the most cliché but hurtful way possible. Her mind was clouded with so much confusion, hate and sorrow that day and it lead the ending of her five year relationship with Kim Myungsoo.

 

 

***

“This is ridiculous.”

“Jieun, it’s not what you think it is.”

Jieun scoffed. “Go ahead, Myungsoo. Please convince that I’m really having a major misunderstanding of what just happened. Because what I understood from all of this is that you apparently flew all the way here to Japan without me knowing so that you and that one and a half named Bae Suji can cheat behind my back.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that I wasn’t cheating on you!?”

 “I’m your girlfriend, Kim Myungsoo. And I just saw you kissing a girl that isn’t me.”

“She’s the one who kissed me!”

“I know what I saw.”

***

 

“Because he cheated on me.” With that Bae Suji . But no, she doesn’t want to mention names. Even how much she hated that Suji girl since they first met in college, she still refused herself from bad-mouthing her in front of Jiyeon. Because she’s Park Jiyeon and when Jiyeon knew what Suji did to her relationship with Myungsoo, she can do more than just bad-mouthing her. Suji might not be able to see the sunrise tomorrow if Jiyeon would come to know who and what she is.

 

 Jiyeon sneered. “So that’s what happened. This is getting so much interesting now.”

 

Jieun’s forehead creased. “What’s so interesting about our break up and you seemed happy about it!?”

 

“I’m not happy about your break up, okay. But you know, both of you sounded so bitter.”

 

“Bitter?”

 

 

***

 

Jiyeon sighed at the sight of Kim Myungsoo lying on the couch with countless bottles of beer scattered on the floor of his living room. He looks nothing but wasted and Jiyeon really don’t know where she gets her strength to see this pathetic side of Myungsoo because she definitely hates it.

 

“C’mon Kim Myungsoo, wake up.”

 

Myungsoo just flinched a little bit but he’s sure not waking up anytime now. Jiyeon now has this huge urge to slap him hard in the face just so that he could wake up. Another option of hers is to get a pail of cold water and splash it to Myungsoo and throw the pail to his head.

 

“Did she send you or what?” Myungsoo asked but still with his eyes closed.

 

Jiyeon was confused. “Send by whom?”

 

“Lee Jieun.”

 

“Your girlfriend definitely doesn’t know anything and she won’t really be happy if she figures out that you are being wasted like this.”

 

Myungsoo finally opened his eyes and Jiyeon was baffled to see a mix of emotions in Myungsoo’s eyes. It goes in between hurt and sadness and Jiyeon was certainly a little taken aback from it.

 

“Myungsoo, what happened?”

 

Jiyeon didn’t hesitate to ask Myungsoo but the latter looks like he doesn’t want to answer her. But Myungsoo managed to give her the answer only, there’s so much bitterness in his voice that it sent shivers all over Jiyeon.

 

“According to your best friend, things are over between us. Well, I’m tired of having to bargain for a space in her life, though.”

 

***

 

 

 

What? Bargain for a space in her life? Jieun can’t help but fume in anger as she heard Kim Myungsoo’s words. What does that prick mean by him bargaining space in Jieun’s life?

 

“Bargaining for space!? And now he has the nerve to say that?”

 

“Chill, Jieun. It was a year ago, though. Maybe now you could have the chance to reconcile.” Jiyeon and not just her but the rest of Myungsoo and Jieun’s friends are still hopeful that there’s still a second chance for the two.

 

“Reconcile? Reconcile my .” Jieun said sternly as she had a sip of her iced tea again. She really can’t believe that Myungsoo would stand on his stupid argument that she’s not giving him enough attention anymore.

 

***

“You accuse me of cheating yet you’re the one who can’t even give me at least a little bit of your time.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“You’re too busy with your own little world that I practically have to beg to be part of your life even just for a moment. I don’t know who I am in your life anymore, Jieun. Five years of being in a relationship, maybe I really am nothing to you to begin with.”

“Correction. 4 years and 11 months.”

“Yeah, you’re right. At this rate, I don’t think we can make it up to 12.”

“Are you saying you want to break up with me?

“I’m not saying anything like that.”

“I know what you’re saying even when you don’t say it. Fine! Let’s break up right now.”

“Don’t push me, Lee Jieun.”

“I am not. Starting from this moment, things are over between us, Kim Myungsoo.”

***

 

It’s of course still vivid in her mind and it will be until she’s fine with her ex. She admits that she’s still not over with Myungsoo in a sense that she still hates the man who claims that she didn’t spend enough time with him as a girlfriend. Fine, she really is busy with a lot of things concerning the business but she can’t believe that Myungsoo would have such childish thoughts about it.

 

But more than that, she hates Myungsoo for the fact that he cheated on her with Suji . He could’ve chosen someone better than her so that at least she could understand why Myungsoo cheated. But no, it was Bae Suji. A flirt. A . A good-for-nothing gold-digging social-climbing girl that should just get wiped out of this universe.

 

“Stop murdering your food with the fork. It’s already cooked so it's definitely dead.” Jiyeon noticed that Jieun has been stabbing her food with the fork while staring into space. “Don’t murder Kim Myungsoo in your mind.”

 

“I’m not even thinking about him.”

 

Then her phone beeped. It was a message from Junhong, inviting her for a dinner later. Finally, she’s gonna meet her beloved dongsaeng. And she knows she needs to be surrounded by the good people right now before she come across people like Kim Myungsoo or Bae Suji.

 

And so she replied. “Be sure to bring your girlfriend over.”

 

“HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT? O.o” Junhong replied and Jieun smiled.

 

“There’s nothing you can hide from me, you punk.”

 

 


 

 

CHAPTER 1 IS UP!

 

Thanks to all the subbies! :))

 

This is story is set six years after they graduated from high school and a year since Jieun and Myungsoo broke up. Aww :(

If you're wondering about Bae Suji's character, it will be revealed on the chapters to come~ :)

 

So, what can you say about this one? Comment it up!

 

Enjoy!

lovelots,

matoki_angel