I'm In Love With My Songsaengnim

I'm In Love With My Songsaengnim

 

My eyes widened and I froze on that place. Dang! What do I do? Darn this Ji Young, she’s really a troublemaker.

“Songsaengnim!” I faked a smile. “Are you going home already?”

He just gave me a blank look.

“Anyeong Songsaengnim!” Ji Young waved at him but he just ignored her.

“What were you saying a while ago? I think I just heard my name?” he said.

“Ah...that...” I stuttered. “You just probably misheard us Songsaengnim...”

“Ani... I really heard my name.” He insisted.

‘What a naughty teacher he is.’ I whispered to myself.

“I’m sorry?” he lifted his eyebrows and seemed to overhear what I just whispered.

“It’s really nothing Songsaengnim.” I told him again. “Alright then... we have to hurry back home. See you tomorrow.”

Ji Young and I ran together outside the campus just to avoid Cho Songsaengnim.

“This is your fault!” I blamed her.

“Why me? I just asked you who your ideal guy is.”

“Aish... you don’t need to shout!” I sighed. “Kaja! Let’s go home!”

 

I lay on my bed thinking of our Geometry teacher. I don’t know why he’s always in my mind these days. I often wake up early in the morning just to see him doing warm ups at the park. Aish... What’s wrong with me? I shook my head.

‘Do you like Cho Songsaengnim?’ Ji Young’s question echoed in my head. ‘Is it probably Cho Songsaengnim?’

“OF COURSE NOT!” I shouted all of a sudden. What is exactly happening to me? I puffed my cheeks and decided to call Ji Young. As luck would have it, she immediately answered my call.

“Wae?” she asked me sounded so cute.

“Can we have a coffee outside?”

“Why suddenly?”

“I can’t sleep!”

“Arasso... I’m going to your house now.” She ended up our conversation.

Fortunately, this girl and I are in the same subdivision. We’re not that far away with each other and I’m really grateful about it. She helps me every time I need her and she’s always ready to mingle with me.

Later, I heard knocks from the door.

“Neh... I’m coming!” I yelled as I go open the door. “Ji Young you came too ea---.“ To my great surprise, I saw Cho Songsaengnim standing right in front me. “S--Songsaengnim?”

Just then, he handed me a Geometry book. “You left this in the canteen.”

“Eh?” I asked, confused. I took the book and I found out it is really mine. “Kamsahamnida... I didn’t know I left this.” I thanked him. “But Songsaengnim, how did you know I live here?”

“Eh? Ah... I saw you one time when I was jogging around... Yeah, I saw you!” he stuttered.

“Jinja? But Songsaengnim, I know you are too busy with the school matters... you shouldn’t have brought this book here.”

“You have a quiz tomorrow, remember?”

“Ah... Yeah I forgot.” I faked a smile. “Thank you once again.”

“I’ll take my leave first.” He said. “Good luck tomorrow.”

“Please take care on your way.”

 

“Oh? Cho Songsaengnim? What are you doing here in her house?” Ji Young’s eyes widened.

“Ah... Ji Young, he gave me the book I left in school.” I explained further.

“Is that so?” she nodded her head while looking at him. “Anyeong Songsaengnim!” she smiled and greeted him and went beside me. “What’s going on here?”She whispered.

I waited for him to go back home before I explained why he went to my house. Ji Young and I started to walk going to a coffee shop in the plaza.

“Can you explain this clearly? OMG!” She looks totally excited.

“I told you he gave me the book I left in the canteen.”

“He can give the book tomorrow...and how did he know where you live?”

“He said he saw me while he was jogging around the other day...and he came to give me the book because we have a quiz tomorrow, right?”

“He’s concerned!” Ji Young smiled. “I’m really wondering why he even came to your house and returned the book. Teachers aren’t supposed to be like that, are they?”

“What do you think?” I asked her. Finally, we’re in the coffee shop now. We ordered Caffe Shakerato and caramel apple cheesecake. We used to order these together.

“I think he likes you now.”

“Stop joking bish... of course not!”

“If not, why will he bother giving you that book if he knows he can give you that tomorrow?”

“How many times do I need to tell you? We have a quiz tomorrow.”

“I don’t think so. I think differently...and I know you, too.”

“Jing, I can’t sleep.” I pouted.

“What’s bothering you?”

“Let’s keep this as a secret.”

“Oh sure!”

“I think-------“

“You think what?”

“I think I wanna poop... Let’s go back home.” I lied.

“MWO?”

“Palli... It’s coming out now!”

 “HUH! Weird girl!” She smirked and came out.

We went back home together. “Chaljjayo chingu! See you tomorrow. Review well, okay?” I smiled at her.

“Go and poop now! Such a disgusting smell.” She sniffed and walked away.

“Anyeong!” I waved and closed the door.  I saw my Geometry book on the table. I left it there for a while when we went outside to have a coffee. I brought my book upstairs and went to my room.

“YoonHee, aren’t you gonna eat for dinner?” My nanny asked.

“I’m not gonna eat anymore ahjumma. Ji Young and I went outside for a coffee.” I answered politely. “How about you ahjumma?”

“I’ll eat afterwards.” She smiled and I opened the door of my room.

I jumped on my bed and hugged my Geometry book. “Why do I feel so lucky?” I smiled ear to ear. “I’m sorry Ji Young, I can’t tell you about this yet. I’m not yet sure about my feelings for him... Aish, what am I saying?” I sighed and touched my book. “There’s no need for me to review. He has given me enough inspiration.” I grinned like an idiot and doze off to bed.  

I wake up and prepared for school. I don’t know why but I think this is going to be a good day for me. Everybody in this house went off for a vacation except my nanny Jung.

I entered my class and thank heavens I wasn’t late. In fact, I came the earliest. My classmates are still not in our classroom. I decided to erase the writings on the board while I wait for my classmates to arrive for the first period. I checked my watch and there are still 25 more minutes left before the time. I came too early, huh? I chuckled and continued erasing. Minutes passed and my classmates finally arrived. 5 minutes more before the time.

We were all in our seats waiting for our Geometry teacher. 10 minutes passed and he is still not in the classroom.

“Now that I came too early, he’s gonna be the late one?” I smirked.

“Where did he go?” Ji Young asked and I tilted my head. Even our classmates asked the same questions to one another.

  At that moment, our class adviser came in panting. Her face is totally in distress and it made us a bit nervous.

“Class, your Geometry teacher cannot be able to come today.” She started. 

“Waeyo?” we all asked.

“I’m sorry to tell you class but he was caught in accident just this morning.” She stated sorrowfully.

“WHAT?” The whole class screamed.

‘Mworago? He was caught in an accident?’ I asked myself. Thinking of this, I found myself walking out the classroom..... What do I do?