Chapter 25

Maybe It Is Love

I’m sad to say that the places and the happenings in this chapter are completely my imagination.

If it was true, I’d be the happiest woman on earth, trust me. I was mourning over how to write this chapter and suddenly, I had this awesome idea!

Read and enjoy!


 


 

“What is this place?” Donghae gaped in amazement at the scene in front of him. It was so beautiful that he couldn’t take his eyes off.

 

“You like it?” Eunhyuk whispered in his ear.

 

“This is.....,” the brunette struggled for words, “So...... pretty!”

 

They were on a bridge and the view below was absolutely magnificent. There were boats lined up on the beach and the wave was hitting the boats with slight force. The water looked such a pretty blue color that Donghae was short of words. It was his favourite color after all.

 

“Why are we here?” Donghae turned to face Eunhyuk with sparkling eyes.

 

The elder boy stared at the deep brown orbs for a couple of seconds before speaking in a gentlemanly tone, “We’re going for boat riding in the sea.”

 

Donghae gaped at the newly found information, “Y-You mean, we are going to ride one of those boats to the sea?”

 

“Yeah, right. Would you like that?” Eunhyuk asked with slight nervousness and waited for Donghae’s answer. He hoped that Donghae would like their date because he wanted to fill the brunette’s very first date with memories that will put a smile on the younger boy’s face anytime upon remembering it. He had planned everything after a lot of trouble with calling Hyeoyeon and Heechul to find out about the brunette’s interests and disinterests. Heechul had been suspicious of Eunhyuk’s intentions being ill and refused to say anything other than that Donghae liked to eat delicious foods. Hyeoyeon had been more helpful and told him how much Donghae liked the ocean and sea-creatures except that she had been very annoying and kept nagging endlessly to know what Eunhyuk would do with the information.

 

Eunhyuk of course, elicited all the information out of and then hung the call up.

 

Calling Donghae’s close friends and suddenly showing interest in the brunette would surely be questionable and Eunhyuk decided that it was not a good option. So, Hyeoyeon was the last option after Heechul’s decision of not being helpful. He didn’t want anyone to know about his newly formed feelings for his wife yet because he wasn’t wholly comfortable with the idea of having to answer all of their friends’ questions and dealing with their disappointment and anger after learning what an he had been to their friend the previous months. He wanted to enjoy his time with Donghae before having their friends to act like ers.

 

“Thank you, Hyukkie! I always wanted to ride a boat in the sea but nobody wanted to come with me,” Donghae pouted and scrunched his nose in displeasure at the memory of Kyuhyun giving him a bored look when he mentioned his wish.

 

Eunhyuk gave himself a pat on his back mentally for his intelligence, proud to make Donghae smile so gladly because of him. “I’m glad that I can be the person to go with you,” he replied, showing his gummy smile to Donghae whose heart melted at the cute smile of his handsome husband.

 

“Thank you so much! What are we waiting for then? Let’s go!” Donghae jumped in glee and proceeded to drag Eunhyuk with him excitedly only to be interrupted and met with resistance.

 

“Wait, wait, wait! Not yet,” the elder boy shook his head and freed his hand from the younger boy’s hold before entwining their fingers firmly, “Before that, we need to do some shopping to get you ready.”

 

“What?” Donghae blinked his lashes in confusion before he was dragged along with the other boy, “Wait, Hyukkie, where are we going?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae’s question was answered a few minutes later as Eunhyuk looked through swim trunks in a nearby shop.

 

The elder boy smiled once he found the color he wanted and then handed the blue trunks to the frowning brunette, “Go and change into these.”

 

“Do we really need them? We’re just going boat riding, Hyukkie,” Donghae protested.

 

Eunhyuk smirked, “You’re gonna need them. Trust me.”

 

With a huff, Donghae snatched the trunks from him and disappeared into one of the trial booths. Eunhyuk smiled endearingly at the closed door and then entered the booth next to the brunette’s with blank swimming trunks for himself. As he took off his pants, he could hear Donghae’s grumbling voice from the next booth and it made him chuckle.

 

“What?” he asked loud enough for the other boy to hear who groaned in response.

 

“They are tight. I don’t like tight clothes,” hearing his voice, Eunhyuk knew that Donghae was frowning.

 

He spoke while wearing his trunks, “Just wear it. It’ll look good on you.”

 

Eunhyuk went out of the trial booth and waited a few seconds before Donghae came out. He was tugging his shirt down to cover his crotch because the tight trunks were clinging to his thighs like second skin. He still had his blue shirt on like Eunhyuk had his own shirt on.

 

“Does it look okay?” Donghae raised a brow in question at the redheaded male’s direction.

 

“Well, it does actually,” he nodded his head in approval. Except that he was wrong because when Donghae absentmindedly turned his back to him and looked through the other swim suits, his eyes locked on the younger boy’s lower back. He suddenly felt the temperature of the shop rising.

 

Because it didn’t look okay. The swim trunks were hugging the brunette’s round in all the right places and it looked hot. Like, really, really hot. The younger just had to own such a perky round shaped that looked so soft that Eunhyuk was sure if he just kneaded the flesh in his palm, his fingers will dig all the way in.

 

The view didn’t last long though because when Donghae noticed him staring, he turned around and raised a brow innocently, “Do you think I should change?”

 

“No, no, don’t. It looks good on you,” Eunhyuk denied immediately, composing himself by the next moment. He kept stealing glances at the younger boy’s lower back from the corner of his eyes.

 

“You look good too,” Donghae complemented him with a little pink blush on his cheeks, checking the redheaded boy out in his black swim trunks and white shirt. A few seconds passed and the brunette realized that he had been staring for too long, making him clear his throat to hide his embarrassment, “W-We should go now.”

 

“Um- yeah,” Eunhyuk scratched his neck awkwardly, eyes lingering on the brunette’s lower region from time to time. His hands were itching to touch the plump . So, when Donghae unsuspectingly turned around, walking towards the cashier, Eunhyuk took the chance and slapped Donghae’s . Hard.

 

The brunette yelped loudly at the stinging pain on his , “What was that for?”

 

“Just wanted to test if the clothes are comfortable enough,” Eunhyuk replied nonchalantly and went to pay the bill of their clothes.

 

Donghae just stared at his back with a creeped out expression.

 

The redheaded male smirked. Well, at least he succeeded at satisfying his own curiosity.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello, Mr. Lee, I’ve been waiting for you,” a man wearing a swim suit shook Eunhyuk’s hand. Eunhyuk gave him a professional smile.

 

“Thank you, Mr. Shim. I hope you’ll take good care of us,” Eunhyuk greeted him back, “Is our boat ready?”

 

“Of course, please, follow me,” he said and led the way. Donghae curiously followed Eunhyuk and Mr. Shim. They approached a boat that was quite big and climbed on it. Donghae blushed when Eunhyuk helped him get on the boat by holding his hand.

 

“This one is pretty big,” Donghae looked around in awe.

 

Mr. Shim smiled at his comment, “I tried to prepare a comfortable boat for you. I’m glad I succeeded.”

 

Eunhyuk led Donghae to a comfortable space and Donghae beamed with excitement as the boat started to move.

 

He was looking at the water and trying to see if there were fishes under the water.

 

Donghae was startled when Eunhyuk hugged him from behind all of a sudden. The elder boy kissed the brunette’s ear lightly and chuckled at the flustered reaction he got, “Do you like it?”

 

He watched as the younger boy nodded his head with a pretty smile on his face, “Yeah.” Donghae turned around in Eunhyuk’s embrace and tilted his head, “Is Mr. Shim the boatman?”

 

Eunhyuk chuckled, “No, he is a diver.”

 

“A diver? Why do we need a diver with us?”

 

Eunhyuk pretended to think, “Well, what if you suddenly fall off the boat and drown? He will save you then.”

 

“I don’t need someone else to save me. I know how to swim,” Donghae stuck his tongue out at him childishly.

 

“That’s good to hear,” Eunhyuk nodded his head.

 

“But I can’t see any fishes.” Donghae pouted and looked at the water again.

 

“Do you want to say hello to the fishes that bad?” Eunhyuk smirked playfully.

 

“I would if I could,” he tsked and sighed.

 

“Excuse me for a bit,” the elder boy said and then walked towards Mr. Shim. Donghae shrugged his shoulders and went back to watching the waves.

 

After a couple of minutes, the redheaded boy came back and tugged him towards the diver who was examining some things.

 

“You said you were good at swimming, right?” Eunhyuk raised a brow in question.

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“Because we are going to say hello to the fishes.”

 

Donghae stared in disbelief as Eunhyuk took off his shirt and put on a breathing mask before giving him a what-are-you-waiting-for look.

 

The brunette opened him mouth and closed it again, too shocked to form any word. When he finally registered everything, he couldn’t hold in his excitement and asked loudly, “We are going under the sea? Are you crazy, Hyukkie?”

 

The shock and surprise could be read on his face including his eyes that were staring at the redheaded boy with a rare excitement. Eunhyuk smirked and nodded in answer.

 

Mr. Shim helped the redheaded boy in wearing his diving suit and securing his oxygen cylinder and Donghae quickly got rid of his shirt, standing beside Eunhyuk for his turn. He tapped his foot impatiently while waiting for Mr. Shim to finish helping the elder boy and start helping him with it. Because he had absolutely no idea how to even put on the breathing mask.

 

Donghae smiled widely when Mr. Shim helped him get ready and Eunhyuk also checked twice if everything was alright. It was so exciting that the brunette could feel his heart pound inside his ribcage loudly. He couldn’t believe that Eunhyuk planned such a unique thing to do on a date. Unique but exciting.

 

Donghae honesty had thought that they’ll go to a movie or an amusement park or an aquarium. He had been giggling the previous night inwardly in his dream, picturing them having fun in those places as they acted like a lovey-dovey couple. It didn’t even cross his mind that there can be other things to do and other places to go in a date. He had to admit that his husband was really a very smooth guy.

 

As they faced the water, Donghae’s palms began to sweat in nervousness. He was quite confident about his swimming skills, still it was a different case because they were very far from the shore.

 

Eunhyuk might have sensed his anxiety because the next second, Donghae found himself in a warm embrace as almond shaped eyes stared at his with a gaze full of assurance and security.

 

Eunhyuk smiled genuinely, showing his gums and then cupped the sides of the younger boy’s head. Then slowly, he planted a tender kiss on his forehead, resting his lips on the other’s skin for a few seconds. Too long for a peck but perfect for washing the fear away from his other half’s heart. Donghae, who had his eyes closed in those precious seconds, opened his lids as a small smile tugged his lips upwards, “Thank you.”

 

Eunhyuk grinned and let him go. Before Donghae could guess his next action, he put on his goggles, took a few steps back before running forward and jumping off the boat, disappearing into the water.

 

Donghae gasped and a grin also settled on his face before he put his own goggles on and repeated the elder boy’s actions, following him into the sea.

 

A harsh sensation of cold water touching his face, a sudden feeling of weight loss and a hit of the wave later, Donghae found himself opening his eyes. He could sea water everywhere around him through his goggles and Donghae suddenly realized that he did not know which way to go.

 

Immediately he swam upwards and his head came out of water. As he looked ahead, another head popped out of the water and the brunette recognized his husband.

 

Eunhyuk dived in again and Donghae followed, swimming to the redheaded boy after knowing where he was. Eunhyuk held his hand and then swam forward, deeper into the sea.

 

As Donghae breathed through his oxygen mask, he looked around to see the scenery. It was plain water for a few minutes before they were in a deep enough part and that’s when Donghae saw tiny little fishes swimming in groups. The younger boy tightened his fingers around Eunhyuk’s, looking at his surroundings in awe. Donghae wanted to squeal as a group of yellow and orange fishes passed by them but he couldn’t because of the breathing mask on his mouth. Then as they went forward, there were so many colors and the fishes were so beautiful.

 

Donghae regretted not knowing the names of all of them.

 

Watching the different expressions on the younger boy’s face was what Eunhyuk enjoyed the most. The fishes and the different kinds of water plants were an amazing site to watch. And Eunhyuk smiled knowing that he wasn’t disappointing Donghae. He enjoyed the fingers entwined with his own ones, the pressure those slightly small fingers were using to squeeze his hand and the way Donghae’s head was turning at every direction because he didn’t want to miss anything. It was cute and Eunhyuk felt his heart flutter in gladness. He wanted to see more of those endearing expressions.

 

When Donghae felt Eunhyuk’s hand let go of his, he quickly turned his head to look at the elder boy, suddenly scared that he will drown deeper into the sea. He panicked and tried to go after the elder, hugging Eunhyuk from behind and hid his face in the elder’s back, desperately holding onto him. Eunhyuk was surprised and turned around, facing the scared brunette. He couldn’t see his eyes properly but from the way he was hugging him, he could sense the fear on the brunette’s mind.

 

He felt bad for suddenly letting his hand go and so Eunhyuk took both of Donghae’s hands to assure him that he wasn’t going anywhere. He moved his hands, gesturing that he would come back in a second. Eunhyuk cupped Donghae’s face to make him more assured and then turned around as he saw a group of small blue fishes passing by them.

 

Donghae watched curiously, trying to see what Eunhyuk was doing, staring confusedly as the redheaded boy turned to face him, hands closed together as if he had been hiding something inside.

 

Eunhyuk swam closer to Donghae and then brought his hands up, opening them and freeing whatever was inside. Donghae’s eyes widened as a small blue fish - with a pretty orange shade near its tail - swam out of the elder male’s hands. He cooed inwardly as it cutely swam, trying to catch up with its group of friends. It was so pretty that Donghae wanted to follow it to wherever it was going. He felt like a merman travelling around in the deep blue water.

 

The world below the sea was beautiful. If he wasn’t a human, he could live in there all his life, leaving everything behind. On a second thought Donghae realized that he couldn’t live without seeing his love, Eunhyuk. Living in the human world, getting to see his handsome husband was better than leaving in the beautiful sea without him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After they changed into their original clothes that they wore for the date in a nearby place that Mr. Shim had arranged from before, Eunhyuk thanked the man for helping him carry out his plans. Donghae was jumping happily and the shy smile never left his face whenever Eunhyuk made eye-contact with him.

 

Donghae thanked Mr. Shim heartily and conveyed his gratitude politely. Because if he didn’t help, they couldn’t have had such a perfect time together.

 

After Mr. Shim left, Eunhyuk took Donghae’s hand in his, “Are you hungry? We should have lunch even if it’s a bit late.”

 

Donghae nodded his head, “I’m really, really, really hungry! Swimming for such a long time took all of my energy away!” he pouted cutely.

 

Eunhyuk chuckled, “I see. There’s a seafood restaurant nearby. Do you want to go there?”

 

Donghae jumped in excitement and exclaimed loudly, “I love seafood! Hyukkie, you are the best!” Eunhyuk’s ears turned red at the brunette’s honest complement. He felt embarrassed for blushing because of such a trivial matter. He was a man of self-control and so he didn’t like losing his cool just because of a complement, even if it came from his wife.

 

Eunhyuk cleared his throat, trying to convince himself that he didn’t just get flustered because of the man who always got flustered because of him.

 

When they arrived at the restaurant, Donghae gaped at the building with disbelief clear in his eyes. It was a square building the first three floors and the upper half of the building was shaped round, like a tower. It kind of looked like Rapunzel’s tower in fairytales but it was beautiful.

 

While admiring the interior design of the building, Donghae found himself giving thumbs up at the decoration of the inside. The walls were white but every wall had large paintings hung on it. A lot of the paintings were of the sea and offered a sense of calmness to whoever looked at them. The two elevators were at the very middle of the first floor, back facing each other. Eunhyuk and Donghae went to the reception desk and Donghae was surprised to know that the elder male had made a reservation before they came.

 

Apparently, it was at the highest floor on the restaurant and so they took the elevator to their floor. As they stepped into the highest floor, Donghae became really excited. Eunhyuk smirked as he waited for the brunette to notice the interior design of the place. He was confident with his choice of restaurant and he knew that the younger would like it too. The elevators were at the middle and the shape of the highest floor was round at the sides. So, if they walk around the elevators, they would come back to the same table they saw a minute ago. And as the building was not far from the sea, they could see the sea from the glass windows. It was a fascinating view.

 

The couple bickered over what to eat and at last, Donghae played the card that he would cut Eunhyuk’s points if he didn’t eat whatever the brunette ordered. So, Eunhyuk let it go and watched with a smile on his lips as the brunette ate in a funny way as if he had been starving for weeks.

 

It was kind of cute and Eunhyuk didn’t complain because he was enjoying the sight.

 

Suddenly, when he opened his mouth to ask the brunette some questions, Donghae shoved a spoonful of rice into his mouth, “Eat.”

 

“What the-”

 

Eunhyuk was cut off when Donghae nudged the spoon deeper, “I am carrying out the duty of a caring wife. So, shut your mouth and eat, Hyukkie.”

 

Eunhyuk complied, chuckling to himself about the younger boy’s adorable behavior. His heart was beating fast and butterflies were jumping in his stomach.

 

Then Eunhyuk hesitated a bit before lifting his own spoon in front of the brunette’s mouth who gave him a confused look. “Well, I should feed you too.”

 

Donghae grinned and leaned forward to eat the spoonful of rice offered to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After lunch, they visited the nearby stores and also had fun rolling around on the beach. They were walking when Eunhyuk started teasing Donghae so to take revenge, the brunette started tickling the redheaded male. Eunhyuk also did the same and thus they ended up rolling on the sand while laughing.

 

They watched sunset together and then made a race to the main road, both of them trying to win. At last it was a draw because Donghae jumped on the elder boy’s back, demanding to be carried who complained that the brunette was heavy. As soon as they reached the main road though, the elder boy set the brunette on the ground, catching his breath from running earlier.

 

The cold breeze passed by them and a comfortable silence was welcomed by the boys, relaxing in the evening breeze.

 

“It’s getting late. Let’s go home, shall we?” Eunhyuk smiled warmly at the brunette, ruffling his hair in an affectionate manner before beginning to walk along the road which led to the place he parked his car earlier.

 

After taking a few steps, he realized that Donghae wasn’t following him. So, he turned around to check what was wrong.

 

Donghae was standing on the sidewalk quietly, face tilted down and shoulders shaking slightly. His brown bangs were hiding his face but Eunhyuk could guess that he was shaking from the cold. With a worried frown on his face, he walked towards the younger boy, taking off his own jacket on the way.

 

“You’re cold, aren’t you? Why did you wear only a thin shirt? Couldn’t you bring a jacket?” the elder boy murmured as he draped his jacket over Donghae’s shoulders, “Stupid, don’t you know how chilly the night air is?” He continued to scold the brunette but his voice faltared when he noticed the lack of reaction from Donghae.

 

“Hae?” he called his name, making the younger boy lift his head.

 

The younger boy had a soft smile on his face.

 

“Hyukkie?”

 

“Hmm?” Eunhyuk hummed, adjusting the jacket properly.

 

“Let’s go on a lot of dates and spend the whole week together. Like a couple.”

 

The redheaded male was stunned and looked into the younger boy’s eyes. There were so much hope, so many emotions and love in his eyes that Eunhyuk felt his breathing hitch, a lump forming in his throat which he tried to swallow, gulping nervously.

 

Donghae’s eyes were so beautiful. They were brown with the mix of coffee and chocolate color in them. They expressed every emotion the brunette felt thoroughly. From the first time he had made eye-contact with the brunette, he had started drowning little by little. And when he finally realized, he had already drowned too deep to crawl back to the surface again.

 

Eunhyuk smiled at the boy in front of him, admiring his features and falling a bit more, “What about my points? Did I pass?”

 

The brunette chuckled and stared at Eunhyuk with adoration, “Yes, you passed with full marks.”

 

Eunhyuk cupped Donghae’s right cheek tenderly, smiling gently as Donghae leaned into his touch more, “Well, then. Let’s go on dates everyday, until you get tired of my charm.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The rest if the walk to his car, Eunhyuk held Donghae’s hand tightly, squeezing it from time to time, fingers entangled perfectly.

 

The car ride back to home was quite. Donghae fell asleep on the way and Eunhyuk never let go of the sleeping boy’s hand as if he had been protecting him from any possible nightmares.

 

When they reached home that night, Eunhyuk carried Donghae inside and tucked him in bed, kissing his forehead as a good night wish. He would keep holding the brunette’s hand like that tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and also the many days that would come after that. Because that night, Eunhyuk promised to never let him go. 

 



 

A/N: Tell me how you think about this chapter.

I am really sad about so many shocking news. I found out Kim Woobin has that rare cancer a couple of days ago and I ended up crying before my exam started.

Kim Woobin is such a lovely man. He is an adorable person and I don’t understand why God makes the good people suffer this much. I just hope that everything will be okay. Let’s support him as much as we can, okay?

Welcome to the new subscribers. I hope you are enjoying my story. And A lot of you upvoted this story. Thank you very much, guys. Love you. <333