White wolf

The begining

Jinki opened his eyes and sighed, for a whole week he got sick, catching a bad cold and feeling sick almost every day. He had been locked in his room, alone so no one else would get sick too, and only received visits from his mother when it was time to eat and take his medicine.

It was the most boring and sad week of his life.

He had missed Minho's birthday and all that he was thinking and prepared for the younger wolf, it had being in vain.

Jinki had, with much persuasion, managed Joon to help him to make a cake. None of them was very good at it, but two people trying was better than one, right?

But then, he got sick the next day, the day before Minho's birthday, and could not do anything, not even to see the younger wolf and give a happy birthday hug. All very unfair for sure.

His mother came to the door and Jinki sighed, sitting on the bed and waiting to take the medicine, but his mother smiled, shaking her head and saying he could leave, he was fine now.

More than eager, Jinki jumped out of bed, for sure he was okay, no body ache and pain in the throat. Everything was perfect.

He ran to the room, expecting to see Minho there on the couch where the younger wolf had been forced to sleep every night, but to his sorrow, Minho was not there and Jinki felt his chest deflate with disappointment.

"I asked him to get some things in the grocery store, he'll be back soon." Soonkyu said with her hand on his shoulder.

Jinki nodded and plopped on the couch, holding a cushion and turning the television on. He had nothing else to do anyway, just wait.

He woke with a start, looking around Jinki realized he was in the room, he had fallen asleep on the couch, the television was still on and it was dark, but Jinki was not alone. Minho sat on the floor, his back against the couch, totally unaware that Jinki had awake already.

Tears flooded Jinki's eyes and he could not exactly say why. He was so happy and missed so much Minho that in a blink of an eye, Jinki was clinging to the younger wolf who widened his eyes surprised.

"Minho-yah!" he sobbed, burying his face in the crook of his neck.

Minho hugged him back. "H-hyung? Are you okay?" he asked pushing Jinki away a little.

He nodded eagerly, making Minho smile. "I missed you. I'm so sorry to have missed your birthday."

The younger wolf laughed, shaking his head. "You were sick, it was not your fault."

"Still, I'm really sorry."

"It’s okay hyung, the important thing is that you are all right now and you could finally leave the room, on the right day."

Jinki frowned, not getting exactly what Minho meant by that, and the younger wolf laughed, shaking his head.

"Don't tell me you forgot that today is your birthday."

He blinked, his face turning red. Was it today?

"Oh hyung." he said laughing and making Jinki blush even more.

"I-I... is b-because I lost track of time." he stutter and Minho's grin grow.

That was making him very, very ashamed.

"Stop grin like an idiot." he said pouting.

"Sorry."

But Jinki could see that Minho did not felt sorry, not at all, as his grin only grew wider.

"Stop that." he said trying to get mad, but just smiling when Minho started laughing loudly and pulled him into a hug.

"Happy birthday hyung."

Giggling, Jinki hugged Minho back. "Happy late birthday, Minho-yah."

Minho nodded and looked at him, Jinki was awkwardly with his body pressed against the younger wolf and so he pulled away, sitting cross-legged beside Minho.

"Oh, I have something for you, wait here."

"Y-you mean my gift?"

"Yeah, I'll be right back." he said disappearing from the room.

Jinki vibrated with excitement, he could not wait to see what Minho had done for him. That was so exciting.

Minutes later Minho returned with something in his hands, it was wrapped in a white cloth and had a yellow ribbon on top and Jinki opened a huge smile, reaching out to the younger wolf who laughed and handed it to him.

It was something small, just slightly bigger than his hand and Jinki hugged it against his chest, so happy.

"Hyung, open it." he said laughing and sitting next to him again, looking at Jinki expectantly.

He pulled the ribbon, unwinding the cloth and when he saw what was inside, his eyes widened and his heart stopped beating inside his chest, Jinki felt the butterflies in his stomach vibrate.

It was a wolf made of wood, hand carved and painted in white, Jinki's fur color. The small eyes were gray and looked like the wolf was smiling at him.

"T-this..."

"I carved it myself." he said proud of himself.

"Really?"

The younger wolf nodded, and pointed to the tummy of the wolf. "Look here, has the initials of our names."

Jinki turned the wolf and laughed. In the wolf's tummy had written the letter M and J. "I loved, I really did, Minho-yah. Thank you."

"Since you lost that one your father gave you, I thought you would like it. I... I know it's not perfect, but..."

Minho's words were cut off when Jinki hugged him, shaking his head. "It's perfect."

Minho smiled. "I'm glad you liked it."

"I do."

Jinki quickly kissed Minho's cheek and smiled. "I love you Minho-yah, thanks."

The younger wolf blinked, his face flushed and Jinki cocked his head. Why Minho got that way? It was not as it was the first time he did that.

"What..."

"Boys, what are you doing?"

"Mom! Look what Minho-yah gave it to me!" he said getting up and running to his mother who was standing in the room door.

Soonkyu smiled and took the wolf from Jinki's hand. "It's beautiful."

"Right? And it was he who carved it, is not that cool?"

She looked at Minho and smiled. "Yes, it's a very nice present. Why don't you put it in your room?"

Jinki nodded. "I'll be right back Minho-yah!" he said running into his room.

He pushed some things aside and put the wood wolf on the dresser, right in the middle so that everyone could see the wonderful gift he had won.

 

 

That night Jinki turned his face, looking at Minho who was lying on his back, his eyes still open.

"Minho-yah?" he whispered.

The younger wolf turned, looking at him. "Yeah?"

"C-can I sleep with you tonight?"

"Of course hyung."

He quickly got up and crossed the room, lying next to Minho on the futon, snuggling against the younger wolf's body, who smiled and put his arm around him.

"I really loved my gift, thank you Minho-yah." he whispered, staring at him.

"Don't forget that next year I want one too."

Jinki chuckled. "I won't and I promise I will not get sick."

"Good, I don't want to see you sick again."

"I won't."

Minho nodded, closing his eyes. "Good." he murmured. "Good night hyung."

He giggled, closing his eyes. "Good night Minho-yah."

The younger wolf smiled and Jinki sighed, thinking how Minho's scent was so good and finally slept, happy and warm against the younger wolf.