What is Love?

Had to Get Lost to Find You

Yongguk stumbled around a bit lost and drunk. Junhong told them not to drink too much but he and Youngjae were already several shots in and rambling about their sad love lives. Not that Youngjae seemed to care as much, he was just drinking and talking so that Yongguk wouldn’t drink alone.

This was the third. The third relationship of his to end so badly. The second one to end because he was being left for somebody else. He was just thankful that he didn’t have to find somebody else kissing his girlfriend this time.

But now he was wandering around trying to get back home but lost in a small wooded area. He fell to sit on the floor and glanced around wondering how many wrong turns he’d taken. He looked up to the dark sky and cursed under his breath. Junhong was probably busy helping a near passed out Youngjae to their shared dorm. His ex was probably out on a date with her new boyfriend, celebrating that they can now be together. She was probably curling up on the couch with him as they watch movies and drink wine just like they had before.

He let his head fall forward and thought some more about how he didn’t ask for much. He just wanted somebody who cared about him and that he could care for. Somebody to make him happy. It wasn’t too much to ask for was it? He wandered around a bit more realizing that it either wasn’t as small as he’d thought or he’d really been going around in circles. He tried checking his phone but his battery was near dead and he decided to save what little it had for when he was sober enough to function properly.

The sound of running water shocked him out a bit and he narrowed his eyes, listening carefully. It sounded close but it didn’t sound like a little stream. It sounded like a much larger body of water and as far he could have guessed, the park near his apartment was much too small for that. He stopped in his tracks a bit and listened even more carefully. The sound was still there and after a few minutes Yongguk let out a loud groan.

“Dammit where the hell am I?”

He walked towards the sound needing to see it with his own eyes. He just couldn’t believe it, it sounded huge and as far as he knew of there were hardly any places in the city that could possibly have anything bigger than a small creek or pond. And he definitely didn’t recall any near his apartment or where he met Youngjae and Junhong for drinks.

Another few steps and Yongguk found just what he was looking for and his eyes widened. Not that far ahead was a huge waterfall dipping into a beautiful lake. He stared and stared before rubbing his eyes and shaking his head a bit.

“Not even possible. How?”

He took another step wanting to touch the water just to know that it was actually real. If he never made it to even touch the water than that had to be proof, he was already passed out or just going crazy. With his next step his foot dropped down and Yongguk stumbled not having noticed there was a small drop. He stumbled and almost fell off an edge that he hadn’t seen and into the water that suddenly looked very deep. Before he could even scream, a hand reached out from behind and caught him pulling him back.

“You should be more careful.”

Yongguk turned back to look at the stranger that had saved him and was about to thank him before the words died in his throat. The guy looked thin and very pale, but dressed very strangely with near black eyes that gave off an impossible light blue tint and almost white hair. Yongguk could also see the very faint outline of wings behind the guy.

The guy leaned in close to him, looking at him and Yongguk found it difficult to breathe. The other searched him very carefully and Yongguk tried to look away because the other’s gaze felt like too much.

“Also how did you get here?”

“I-No I’m dreaming. I’m already passed out cold. You’re not real.”

This caught the other by surprise as his eyes widened but he quickly composed himself and gave a loud chuckle that turned his eyes into small crescents, startling Yongguk because the guy was really handsome and had beautiful plump lips that he found himself eyeing.

“Okay, I’m not real. Well then you were going to the water weren’t you?”

Without even a moment’s hesitation, the other grabbed Yongguk’s arm and pulled him along towards the water. Yongguk gave out a yelp before closing his eyes, refusing to look at the ground as the other was helping him hover along several feet off of the ground. He wasn’t usually a person to be afraid of heights, but considering all that he drank and the fact that this was nowhere near possible for him to be practically flying towards the water, closing his eyes kept this a little bit less terrifying and the nausea at bay.

The other landed them carefully at the edge of the water and Yongguk collapsed to the floor as the other’s wings folded back behind him. One grazing Yongguk’s shoulder and Yongguk shivered before closing his eyes and shaking his head repeatedly. Resting his head in his arms.

“No. Still not possible. Can’t.”

The other gave a laugh that Yongguk felt travel along his body and the nausea hit him again. He refused to believe it was real but Yongguk knew if he looked back the only way down would be flying. The thought of flying even for the smallest second made him nauseous and he sat still hoping it would pass.

A cold hand touched the back of his neck and helped calm the feeling. It quickly disappeared and Yongguk wanted to call out for the stranger not to leave. The hand reappeared just as quickly only this time allowing the smallest bit of cold water to trickle down his back.

“This should help. I’ve noticed flying for the first time seems to make humans feel a bit sick. I’m Daehyun by the way.”

Yongguk bit back the gurgle in his throat at the other’s words before deciding to just forget it. In the morning he’ll wake up and realize that this was all just a dream. It had to be. He turned to the other and stretched out a hand.

“I’m Yongguk and don’t do that. I’m already heartbroken and drunk, probably dreaming all of this, I don’t need to add suffering a heart attack in my sleep to that list.”

Daehyun tilted his head at him before shaking his hand carefully. Yongguk noted that he had soft hands before shaking his head at himself.

“Why are you heartbroken?”

Yongguk turned to him before looking at the water and thinking for a bit. They say it’s best to get things off of your chest and he still felt like he was holding back a lot even after drinking with Youngjae and Junhong. Maybe because Youngjae talked more than he did and Junhong was more concerned with how much they were drinking. Talking in a dream had to count somehow.

“Because I’m tired of falling in love with people who just end up leaving me for other people.”

Yongguk didn’t know why that was all that he said. Why he didn’t mention how this time he thought she could maybe be the one. How most women just didn’t seem to care for him or work all too well for him. How he was just about ready to give up on the idea of falling in love. Daehyun sat next to him and looked to the water too.

“What’s it like to love someone?”

Yongguk didn’t look at him. He didn’t think about how just the sound of the others voice let him know that he was looking out at the water with a child’s innocent curiosity. He reasoned that Youngjae would just tell him that answering this question, dream or no dream would somehow help him to not feel so bad later. Only when he opened his mouth nothing seemed to come out. His mind was suddenly blank. He narrowed his eyes wanting to say it was how much he drank that made it difficult to think clearly. He didn’t want the other possibility; that he couldn’t really describe it even just in a dream.

“It’s beautiful and still somehow painful.”

It didn’t make sense but that was all he could think about at the moment. Because falling and being in love with somebody was beautiful but it didn’t last. And then there would just be pain because even when you’re in love, you know it’ll end. It’s what you wait for.

He heard the others voice almost from a distance but his eyes were already starting to close, exhaustion hitting him because this dream was too much. It was just too real feeling. Because his mind was filling with images of his now ex. Only the last image that filled his mind was Daehyun searching his face for something.

~

Yongguk leaned forward almost falling to the floor but Daehyun caught him quickly and rested the other’s head in his lap. He sighed before looking out at the water again and thinking. He wasn’t sure how the other had gotten here but he had a feeling it had to do with why the other stumbled a bit and grew sick quickly.

“Ah here you are.”

He didn’t even turn around. He just continued looking out. “Himchan ask you to look for me again.”

Jong up sat on his side and glanced at Yongguk with an almost surprised expression. “Yes. And how and when did he get here?”

Daehyun shrugged. He wasn’t sure how long the other might have been wandering around before Daehyun heard him cursing and got curious. “I don’t know. How did you get here again?”

Jong up just shrugged. He never really answered Daehyun with much of a response. Sometimes it didn’t matter but Daehyun usually wished that the other would entertain him a bit and answer some of his questions. They sat in silence. Daehyun absent mindedly Yongguk’s hair and thinking of how even though in shock the other seemed sad and like he was giving up on something.

“Will he be safe here with you?”

“Of course.”

Any human would be safer with Daehyun than without him here. Jong up was usually supposed to be with him too but Jong up preferred to be near Himchan and Daehyun wasn’t really one to stay still. Jong up stood up.

“I’ll just tell Himchan that you’re busy.” Daehyun hummed and wondered how much longer Yongguk would be asleep for and which questions he could ask first.

~

Yongguk opened his eyes and shut them again quickly wincing at the bright light and headache starting to get to him. He heard water and his eyes opened up widening as he sat up quickly and stared out at the water. A soft chuckle sounded behind him and Yongguk hesitated before turning slowly towards the sound. Daehyun sat cross legged with one hand casually on his thigh and his soft faint wings behind him. He turned right back to the water with a slight blush on his cheeks from staring at the other for so long.

“So is this all still a dream?”

Yongguk stared at his hands, stretching his fingers out and back into small fists all the while taking deep breaths. Daehyun’s wings looked a bit more solid now with the light and he was able to see more of the other’s face which turned out to be more handsome than Yongguk had thought he’d seen.

“Or should I take you to actually fly before dropping you into the water?”

Yongguk carefully cradled his head and tried to push the nausea away at the thought of what he’d hoped was a dream. He took a deep breath before turning to the other.

“What did I say about a heart attack?”

Daehyun blinked at him before giving a wide grin. “Ok, no flying. Then can you answer some questions for me?”

Yongguk cradled his head a bit more. Last night was still a bit fuzzy and he really didn’t want to think about what they might be able to talk about.

“I really just want to get back home.”

Daehyun’s wings looked a bit odd. They almost looked like how angel wings always looked in paintings but they weren’t as white and seemed to almost fade away a bit. Daehyun looked at him slightly surprised.

“I didn’t really think you’d ask. Jong up never did. Actually I don’t really even know how you got here.”

Yongguk swallowed the lump in his throat. Daehyun’s tone seemed like he really couldn’t help him. Before he could even ask, Daehyun talked again.

“But don’t worry. I can ask Himchan, he’ll probably be able to find out for you. But you have to stay with me all of the time that you’re here.”

A small bit of hope filled him but also curiosity. “Why is that?”

A smile lit up Daehyun’s face and his eyes brightened a bit. “You still don’t really realize it do you? You’re not in your world anymore you know. You’re with the fae’s and their time is different from yours. One day here could be longer in your world.”

Yongguk’s stomach dropped. He’d heard stories as a kid of faes and how different their world could be. Of other people wandering, getting lost and reappearing months later in denial saying that they’d only been gone an hour or two. How long had he been wandering for. How much longer could he be here for? Minutes? Hours?

He tried to swallow around the lump in his throat and take a deep breath. Daehyun looked at him. Searching his face yet again. A calm look with curious eyes.

“We’ll go ask Himchan soon but you need to stay with me until you leave.”

Yongguk let out the breath he was holding. “Why can’t we go look for him now? I don’t want to be lost for months and make my friends and family worry.”

Daehyun sat up a bit, shoulder grazing Yongguk’s and one of his wings partly resting against Yongguk’s back. “I told you, you’re fine with me.”

The way that Daehyun spoke was so sure and it made Yongguk stop and think about the words a bit.

“How?”

“Time won’t move for you, if you’re with me. Even if you’re with the fae. You could be with them for days and as long as I’m with you during that time, you’ll be able to go back as if nothing happened. Jong up should always be with me too but he rarely leaves Himchan and I can’t really stay as still as Himchan does.”

Yongguk nodded along not really understanding anything, but still not feeling as rushed after Daehyun’s reassurance. Was it possible to wake up and continue in a dream? Daehyun stretched his legs out.

“Jong up’s human too but he’s never really asked to leave. And he doesn’t really answer my questions.”

Yongguk sat still. “Is there a way out?”

Daehyun gave him an annoyed expression. “Of course.”

But he stayed staring at him and Yongguk squirmed a bit under the intense gaze. “What’s love like?”

Yongguk gaped at him and his mouth went dry.

“What?”

“Before you fell asleep you were talking about love. But I still don’t really understand it. How do you know when you’re in it? Is it beautiful or painful because that didn’t make sense? Is it really that great? What’s it like?”

Yongguk stared down at his hands. Last night was fuzzy but that didn’t mean that he forgot about his girlfriend breaking up with him. When he woke up and realized this weird situation he was in, leaving became his top priority. Only now Daehyun was asking about what he was trying to avoid. He hesitated before turning back to look at Daehyun’s expectant face. He didn’t really think that he had any answers for him but Daehyun had those wide bright eyes turned to him and he sighed mostly to himself.

“I’m not really sure. I don’t think most people are. There are different kinds. Some very obvious that the two care for each other, some more subtle. Some physically intense, some an emotional wreck. It can be beautiful, especially when it’s starting. It can be painful when it ends or is going wrong. Maybe you don’t know what it was until it’s too late or who knows.”

“But what’s it like.”

Daehyun was looking at him with an almost confused look but Yongguk understood. He wasn’t the best at describing things and aside from that he was lost right now. Their hands were so close if Yongguk shifted even just the smallest bit they’d be touching. But no matter what he still was blank on how to answer.

“Daehyun were the hell are you now.”

They both jumped at the yelling but Daehyun recovered faster and put a hand over Yongguk’ own before starting to stand up.

Two people walked into their line of sight and Yongguk blinked a bit before staring again. One was fair skinned and of average height with very pale almost ash hair and impossibly dark eyes. His wings were still partly out behind him and were exactly as he might have imagined a fae must have. The other was shorter with light brown hair and no sign of wings. Yongguk didn’t have to ask, he assumed this was Jong up which according to Daehyun, made the other Himchan.

He stood slowly and carefully still a bit sluggish. Himchan shot him a glance and a glare before fixing his eyes back to Daehyun. Jong up just stared around blankly with a distant smile and look to him.

“How long has he been here?”

Himchan had a raspy voice but he looked very disinterested and Yongguk felt something cold about how the other spoke to Daehyun or how Daehyun seemed a bit different. Not as childlike or curious.

“I don’t know. I don’t think that it took me that long to find him. We were going to go look for you soon to see if you knew how he could get back.”

Yongguk took a deep breath. Daehyun still seemed like himself, just a bit distant. Also Daehyun had seemed like he’d been thinking about waiting until after Yongguk answered each question he had.

Himchan stayed quiet. “I might know how.”

Yongguk caught him glancing at Jong up with a sad expression and he though a bit about the other’s odd tone.

Daehyun clapped his hands together excited. “Perfect then he can go back, I know he was worried.”

Yongguk glanced at his excited, lit up face and thought a bit of how the other really was handsome. He had thought so earlier but now it was pretty clear to see with his wide smile and eyes crinkling just a bit.

Himchan hummed a bit. “I’ll tell you but I need to ask you a favor first.”

Yongguk saw Daehyun pause and something flash across his face. The other swallowed and the sight made Yongguk’s eyes narrow at seeing him look so uncomfortable. It didn’t really feel like his place to talk but he just didn’t like it.

“Himchan don’t.”

“I will. If you don’t agree to have Jong up with you then I will have the both of you bound. Then you won’t really have a choice, you’ll both have to be together at all times.”

Yongguk’s eyes widened hearing what seemed to be a threat and watching the wide eyed look on Daehyun’s face. Jong up also seemed to be surprised by the news as his attention was now on Himchan and with his mouth open as if he was going to talk.

“We already talked about this. You can tell and I can tell. He’s changed and grown a lot since he first got here. He’ll live longer, almost immortal if he stays with you.”

Yongguk stood straighter and a little closer to Daehyun. Himchan was talking calmly but something about him and how he talked made Yongguk feel like he had to protect the other.

“But it’s not my fault that Jong up doesn’t really want to stay with me. It doesn’t matter where I try to convince him to go, he still just wants to be with you.”

Jong up stayed quiet and Yongguk wanted to yell at him to speak up about something. Whatever Himchan was threatening, it seemed to have Daehyun on edge. He carefully put a hand on the others shoulder. Daehyun glanced back at him startled and almost terrified but relaxing just a bit. Himchan narrowed his eyes.

“If you don’t agree than I won’t help you.”

Yongguk and Daehyun both stared at him wide eyed and in shock. Jong up stepped forward slightly.

“Himchan...”

Daehyun flinched and Yongguk could see him physically crumbling. He could hear Himchan whispering harshly at Jong up but all he saw was Daehyun looking sad. It didn’t matter how little he knew the other, if this was a dream or not; Daehyun sad just didn’t fit him.

“No.”

Daehyun jumped slightly and looked back at him surprised. Jong up and Himchan both turned to him, Himchan with narrowed eyes.

“If Daehyun doesn’t want to then I won’t ask him to just so I can go back home. It just wouldn’t be right. I’m not sure what you’re asking him to do but I can tell that he doesn’t really want to so enough of that.”

There was a small hesitant smile on Daehyun’s face which made Yongguk feel a bit better. But Himchan looked furious.

“Who do you think you are to tell me anything?”

Himchan lunged forward and Yongguk quickly put Daehyun behind him. Jong up caught Himchan and held him firmly in place.

“You can’t make him do something that he doesn’t want to do. It doesn’t matter who I am, if I get home or not.”

It hit him how real that statement felt. Daehyun grew on him and Yongguk wasn’t going to let him do something like this. Himchan looked even more furious but Jong up stepped forward quickly and looked at Yongguk seriously.

“Fight me. If I win you leave and Daehyun listens to Himchan.”

Yongguk narrowed his eyes a bit. The other seemed younger but this was really the first bit of seriousness that he saw from the other.

“And if I win?”

The other shrugged. “Daehyun can do what he wants but you still leave.”

Yongguk wanted to argue. Either way he’d leave and couldn’t be sure if Daehyun was happy or ok. But he looked back to the other still surprised and with scared eyes. His heart hurt at the sight even more than at any other moment that Yongguk could recall.

He looked back at Jong up and nodded. Himchan’s eyes narrowed even more and his lips were pressed tightly. Daehyun grabbed onto his arm and tugged him back slightly.

“You don’t have to.”

Yongguk looked at him and looked back at Jongup who Himchan was scolding again. But the other didn’t seem upset he only looked to the other with a small smile and slightly pained expression. He looked back at Daehyun looking at him worried and it made a bit of sense.

“I do have to. You asked about love?” Daehyun blinked before nodding carefully at him. “I might have an answer for you at the end of this.”

Daehyun let out a small sigh before giving him a small smile and Yongguk stepped away. Jong up stepped forward as well and approached him cautiously. Jong up stepped forward as well and approached him cautiously. The area was larger than Yongguk had cared or needed to pay attention to. They were now several yards away from either Daehyun or Himchan and had enough space for a very decent fight.

“Until somebody loses consciousness.”

Yongguk nodded slowly. He wasn’t much of a fighter but he could do this. He stood ready to dodge if he needed to. It wasn’t much later that he moved back and to his right to avoid a punch.

Jong up kept going after him with Yongguk barely dodging. He threw a punch but Jong up ducked quickly and landed a harsh punch to his side.

Yongguk held on carefully before putting a calm face on after hearing a small gasp from Daehyun. He threw a quick punch which Jong up dodged again but so did Yongguk to the other’s punch. They kept going occasionally landing a punch on each other.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Daehyun’s concerned face. He could also see Himchan’s eyes narrowing even more but darting quickly following Jong up as best as he could.

He quickly dodged a punch that Jong up threw before throwing another out. They were both tired now, each with a few hits. Jong up having taken a hit to the jaw and Yongguk still hurting from Jong up's first punch.

But he already knew Jong up had fast enough reactions to have move out of the way and avoid most of his initial punches. Instead his next hit landed right on the other’s shoulder making him fall to the floor. Jong up lay huffing and holding onto his shoulder, Yongguk falling to his knees close by.

He kept his voice quiet. They were right along the middle again and he wasn’t sure how well Himchan or Daehyun could hear but he still wanted to keep their conversation to themselves.“You could have moved.”

The other smiled slightly and turned to look carefully at Himchan. “Can’t have him worrying anymore or he might just jump into the fight.”

Yongguk nodded carefully and looked at Daehyun out of the corner of his eyes. Daehyun’s eyes were wandering him carefully probably checking if he was hurting too much. Himchan did look on edge and like he was ready to stop pacing and just join in.

“Why are you doing this? Trying to make Daehyun do something he doesn’t want to?”

Jong up shifted slightly and shifted from holding onto his shoulder to his waist where Yongguk had landed a harder hit. “I don’t either. But Himchan’s worried. I don’t know how long I’ve been here. I hardly stay with Daehyun. If I ever somehow wander out who knows how old I’ll turn. There’s also the other possibility. I’ve grown while I was here, I’ll keep growing older and one day…”

“One day you could just die.”

Yongguk understood and knew that it all matched up. Himchan being so insistent on everything, Jong up being willing to do this. But he could also see why Jong up would let himself get hit. He saw the way the other smiled at Himchan and knew that the other wouldn’t be happy stuck with anybody that wasn’t Himchan. He looked at Daehyun’s worried eyes and turned back to Jong up.

“Sorry.”

The other nodded at him and closed his eyes as Yongguk threw one punch that made the other’s face turn to the side with the smallest bit of blood leaving a corner of his mouth.

He stood and walked carefully to Daehyun while Himchan quickly rushed to Jong up and shook him carefully to wake him. Daehyun immediately placed his hands on each punch that Yongguk took putting only the smallest pressure and gasped as Yongguk visibly flinched along his ribs. Daehyun fingers stayed there tentatively and he looked at him with wide eyes and his mouth open in a small oh.

Yongguk said nothing and merely pulled Daehyun into a hug burying his face onto the other’s shoulder. Either way he was leaving. Either way he could only trust that Jong up would make sure that Daehyun was okay. He could only hope that Daehyun wouldn’t have these faces and eyes again. Daehyun held him and for that Yongguk was grateful because he was a bit tired to stand.

They eventually sat on the floor side by side as Jong up woke up and Himchan continued to scold him before asking him repeatedly if anything hurt too much and Jong up only shaking his head at him with a small smile.

Yongguk nudged Daehyun’s shoulder and when the other turned to him he turned his head back to the other pair knowing Daehyun would follow his gaze.

“That’s love. One kind anyway.” He said nothing else and let that sink in for him. Daehyun turned his head cautiously. Himchan and Jong up eventually approached them and Himchan huffed at Yongguk.

“Follow me.”

They stood and walked along for a while Daehyun right by his side and at times grabbing onto his hand to prevent him from falling. It wasn’t long before they reached what looked to be a small arch of two tall trees reaching over each other. Himchan stopped several yards away.

“Jong up stay here,” he said harshly before stepping towards it again with Yongguk and Daehyun.

“You pass through there and should be able to make it too wherever you choose to think of. There are a few small pockets around but they’ll only take you to specific locations. I’m assuming you don’t even know where you were when you passed by.”

Himchan shot him a small raised glance and Yongguk looked away and mumbled a thank you. Himchan stepped back a bit to talk to Jong up and Yongguk was thankful for the little bit of privacy as he glanced to Daehyun who only looked at the ground.

“Hey thank you.”

Daehyun nodded slightly before pulling him into a tight hug shocking him other but he quickly recovered and held him just as tightly. “I’ll miss you.”

Yongguk nodded and the other’s hair down just a bit before leaving a small kiss on his hair and pulling away giving a small wave to Himchan and Jong up before passing through and not giving a glance back at Daehyun.

Minutes passed before Himchan stepped to Daehyun. The other was left staring ahead where Yongguk had just passed feeling oddly numb.

“Go.”

Daehyun jumped. Not having let his eyes leave Yongguk. “What?”

Himchan smiled gently at him and turned his head back at the archway.

“You want to, it’s fine. Jong up will just have to learn where to stay away from. We’ll be fine here. But if you don’t leave soon then you might miss his timeline and it’ll be too late for you to find him.”

Daehyun stared wide eyed at his longtime friend before giving him a hug and rushing to Jong up who threw him a big smile and a tight hug. Himchan joined them and looked away just a bit staying quiet now. He was mostly back to his usual self minus a small bit of guilt for his words earlier but Yongguk's explanation made it easy to understand. And also easy to understand why Jong up suggested fighting at all or wouldn't stay with him even after being told repeatedly that it was what was best for him.

Daehyun stepped away and looked to the two who had been the most important things to him for so long now. Himchan since they'd met so long ago and Jong up since he'd wandered into the forest as a scrawny teen. He smiled to himself before turning back to look at where Yongguk had just passed by.

Being bound was forcing two souls together and not allowing too much of a distance between them. But it had only been a few minutes since Yongguk had left and already it felt too painful for him, like a small void that he hadn't been aware of before.

He gave Jong up and Himchan one last large hug before passing through with a small smile and Yongguk on his thoughts.

~

Yongguk got out of his shower and looked at his reflection before carefully touching the bruise along his ribcage. He winced slightly thinking that it was almost a week old. It all still seemed like a strange dream but to go from wandering around drunk and lost to waking up on his bed at almost six in the afternoon the next day with bruised ribs, seemed even stranger.

He threw his shirt on and walked out to his kitchen. Before even walking in he heard his name being called and stood frozen in place.

“Yongguk?”

He didn’t dream the second one, it was real. He rushed to the sound and found Daehyun standing awkwardly and a bit lost in his hallway. His wings were gone and he didn’t look as pale, his hair was now a dark brown but it was him. It was his newly dark, bright eyes looking at him with a small hesitant smile.

Yongguk reached him and pulled him into a crushing hug burying his face into the others neck and feeling how real the other felt. “You’re here.”

Daehyun chuckled and pulled away. “Yeah I am.”

“Why?”

Daehyun blushed and looked down before looking back at Yongguk.

“Because I’m bound to you. Because I think I’m in love with you whatever it maybe means. And I hope that you won’t mind me trying to figure it out by your side.”

Yongguk smiled to himself and looked back at Daehyun. He cautiously lifted his hand to trace the other's face.

“I’m really that bad at explaining things huh.”

Daehyun shrugged and leaned into the other's touch, resting his cheek in the other's palm. “Sort of. But I think I sort of understand.”

Yongguk smiled before pulling Daehyun into a hug and leaving a small kiss on Daehyun’s smiling lips. “I might understand a bit more now too.”

 

 

~A/N~ I think this is my longest writing even from my chapter. I hope this is okay, my first time writing anything like this, hope you like it. And Happy Holidays everybody.