Second Bite

The Pasta and the Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seriously, J? Pasta? Again? Don’t you get tired of this?” He looked at me disapprovingly. “You didn’t even pick a different pasta house. Jeni, don’t think about the price, I’ll pay for it.”

“Well I’m sorry, rich boy, but I like pastas and this place has the best ones.” And I’m eating with you after a long time so I feel like bringing back tradition, the sense of comfort in your presence.

“Let me guess, you’re gonna get the Pesto one again.” He said. I grinned at him. He rolled his eyes but ordered it anyways. “So… what now?” Jaebum asked.

“I don’t know. Nothing much changed here. Mark and Haneul are still together. They’re still mean to me. Dang! They were even mean to me earlier. I didn’t even do anything to them!” I exclaimed. Jaebum laughed, “What is it about this time?”

. “Uh… you know… the usual. Haha…” Way to go, Jeni. You win the most awkward award. Congrats.

Jaebum is eyeing me suspiciously. “You’re not telling me something.”

“Huh? What are you taking about?” I pretended to be surprised and confused at the same time, which turned out to be over exaggerated. “Why would I hide anything from you?”

The pasta arrived. Literally, pasta. Just my pasta. He didn’t even order anything.

“Hey. Aren’t you gonna eat?” I asked him.

“Uh… nah. I’m not hungry.” He scrunched his nose and looked around. This is not like him. Normally, he would be dying to inhale any food. He’s literally a pig.

I took a bite of the pasta while eyeing him suspiciously. He looked at me.

“What?” he asked.

“Spit it out.” I ordered him.

“Well,” he sat up straight. “I’ll be attending this one wedding this weekend,”

NO WAY. He is NOT gonna ask me to be his date. I’m gonna literally explode. Do not do this to me, Jaebum.

“… and there’s this one girl I really like.” He laughed nervously. “I don’t know how I should ask her. I’ve kinda’ liked her even before I left. I just… I just feel like it’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter