Morning

That Christmas, I...

--18th December 2015--

It was a week before Christmas.

When Christmas songs had been played in repeat.

When stores were already throwing sales and discounts for every items.

When decorations were already set in red and green themes everywhere.

And then there was me, rolled in my warm blanket.

It was already 10 in the morning, and all I did, for last several hours, was lying down on my bed. I wasn’t sleeping, not even closing my eyes. I was just enjoying this moment, when I could actually laze around. My body found its perfect spot on my soft and warm bed, adding the reason to actually not doing anything this morning.

 I stirred around, now facing the window of my room.

It was a lovely morning. If I had to describe it in a way novel did, the sun was bright and the sky was clear. Too bad there was no birds singing nor background music playing, just me, silence, and the warmth of my blanket.

I stretched my body out, feeling weary after almost-everyday-in-the-last-6-months’ practices. It was a miracle that the coach decided to give us a break, a whole week before Christmas PLUS a week after Christmas. I thought he would let us break only on the D-Day of Christmas, and if he were kind enough, two days for New Year, as usual. Whatever he was thinking this year, thank God he decided to let us rest for two days.

I reached my phone, the first movement I made this morning besides stirring around on my bed. I punched in the password codes and opened our group chat.

 

--------

“I’m on my way home! Oh my God finally I can spend Christmas Eve with my family”

“I still can’t believe that old man gave us two weeks for break!”

“Finally I don’t need to beg for my girl’s forgiveness!”

“HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY GUYSSSS”

“Don’t forget the first practice for next year will be on January 2nd

“Don’t screw the mood, Manager!”

--------

 

I smiled as I read the chats. Those silly people.

I put my phone back on the nightstand and decided to just spend the whole morning doing nothing.

What a happy day.

 

“KIM JONGIN!”

 

Then that irritating voice interrupted the silence, followed by a pillow flying through and landed on my face.

 

“YAH!”, I got up and found my sister, Jeonga, already standing on the side of my bed, with a knife on her hand.

“What the-- Are you psycho or what? Put that knife down!”, I yelled.

“How can you laze around when I have to cook breakfast for you?! Get your lazy bum down there and help me!”, she yelled back.

“Oh come on, can’t you just let me rest for a moment?”,  I said as I was about to pull my blanket over. My holiday was precious, no one could interrupt it.

“You’ve been sleeping for like 12 hours!”, she screamed and pulled my blanket. I resisted and pulled it back.

“I’ve been practicing almost everyday for 6 months!”, I hollered.

“Then don’t be a rugby player!”

“Then give me back those money I lent you last month!”

“Why do you bring that up like right now?!”

 

Seriously why couldn’t Jeonga just leave me alone? The next moment I realized, Jeonga’s hand was already pulling my hair while I tried to push her away. A “normal” fighting-stance for siblings.

 

"Get up!"

"Like I would!"

 

 

We stayed in that position with never-ending bickering, before a giggle distracted me.

 

That familiar voice...

 

“What a cheerful morning to start,”

 

I was then silenced, recognizing that voice. I looked at the door of my room, where a figure already stood there.

 

It couldn’t be…

 

The figure went closer as both of us stopped arguing. Jeonga pulled the blanket away as I lost my defense, when I just gaped, mind went blank.

My eyes were stuck on the figure. Short-haired girl, with that twinkling eyes and smile that reached her ears. Her small figure that matched well with the oversize sweater she wore.

 

When was the last time I saw her?

 

“Right, Jongin?”, the figure continued, now on the side of my bed.

 

 

 “Promise me that you will spend every Christmas Eve with me!”

“Like I want to!”

“You have to!”

“What if I had girlfriend?”

“Ditch her!”

“Why should I?! You have Miyoung and you want me to be, like, your third-wheel, in Christmas Eve?!”

“I’ll ditch her too”

“Like you would!”

“Fine, then we will spend EVERY 24th December together! The three of us! You, me, and Miyoung”

“Don’t decide on your own!”

 

 

“Miyoung…..”, I mumbled.

 

And she smiled again.

 

The supposed to be pure, happy, and sweet smile.

 

 

 

But I knew it wasn't.

 

 

 


Hi there! Christmas is near, though I don't celebrate it, but I just wanted to write story with Christmas-theme hehe. Sorry for not updating my other fanfics, s.o.b.u.s.y like I really have no idea why :( The story will be written in Jongin's POV, so mind for weirdness since I still don't understand how boy thinks, but I can imagine how people in love would :)

Enjoy! Please leave a comment for more improvement, my writing skill got a bit rusty, like I kinda forget those beautiful vocabularies I used to use in my writing huhu. Let me know how you think! Or how you want the story goes on :)

Thankyou for reading hehe