keep me warm (wrap me in your arms) [1/1]

Keep Me Warm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Golden slivers of morning sunlight peek through moth eaten white curtains, dust particles dancing in the rays of ethereal light; and beaming right into Seungcheol’s face. The boy stirs once the light hits, groaning indignantly as he throws an arm over his eyes to block out the sun that disturbs his sleep and wakes him from a peaceful slumber. It’s a cool Sunday morning in the midst of fall, and although he was woken abruptly, Seungcheol is more than content laying there in his bed, crisp blue sheets up to his chin and a warm body of someone he loves right there next to him.

He sighs, cracking open an eye and squinting as he adjusts to the light of the room, stretching  languidly on the bed and turning on his side before his eyes focus on the person snuggled so soundly next to him. Long brown hair that cascades down the side of his face; that usually flows past his shoulders and frames those beautiful features Seungcheol adores. Wide brown eyes that are left closed as the boy sleeps, mouth slightly open as puffs of air escape his cracked pink lips. Seungcheol even finds the odd blemishes on rose tinted cheeks to be dazzling. He wholeheartedly believes that Yoon Jeonghan is truly a thing of beauty, and Seungcheol wants to kiss him.

He knows he’d probably get reprimanded, but Seungcheol leans in anyway. Their lips don’t meet, however, and his hand moves up; fingers trailing down the bridge of Jeonghan’s nose, over the small hump that the younger boy is so self conscious about, and the tip Seungcheol loves to poke just to annoy him. He traces down his cupid’s bow, over the curve of dry lips, and a thumb brushes over a cheekbone, down to the square jawline and smooth skin of the other’s neck. Seungcheol wonders how someone so beautiful could end up sleeping next to him every night, and he’s suddenly so thankful; so he leans in a little more to press his lips against the boy’s forehead, and lets it linger.

The younger boy responds with a small grunt, face scrunching as he’s woken too, no thanks to Seungcheol whose lips have moved away and hands are brushing away long strands of chestnut brown hair from Jeonghan’s face, tips of the older boy’s fingers tickling flushed cheeks. Jeonghan’s eyes open ever so slightly, and Seungcheol can’t help but smile when their eyes meet for the first time that morning. The birds are singing outside, the wind whistling along to gentle melodies, and sun illuminating Jeonghan in such an ethereal way; Seungcheol was afraid he’d mistake the other for an angel.

“Good morning,” Seungcheol murmurs under his breath, voice low. He can’t seem to raise his voice to something more audible, and it’s probably because Jeonghan has taken that ability away. Seungcheol is breathless, chest tight as his heart beats uncomfortably in what feels like such a small space. Jeonghan is blinking open his eyes, soft brown orbs catching the dazzling sunlight that make his eyes look like they’re shining. Seungcheol is sure those eyes are what dreams are made of, and maybe even more.

“Stop staring at me Cheol,” is Jeonghan’s reply as he lazily rubs his eyes with the back of his hands, turning away as he yawns and clears his throat. Seungcheol is a little worried that his dry lips might crack when his mouth opens to yawn, and he’s tempted to offer to kiss them just so they wouldn’t. “It’s a little creepy.”

“Creepy?” Seungcheol says with a pout, feigning hurt. He sneaks an arm around Jeonghan’s waist anyways, pulling the younger boy in closer so he can bury his nose into the soft tresses of hair atop Jeonghan’s head. He breathes in, and gets hit in the chest for his troubles by none other than his boyfriend.

“Yes Cheol,” Jeonghan grouses with an annoyed grunt as he attempts to shuffle away. “Creepy. Very creepy.”

Seungcheol lets out a miserable sounding whine, pulling Jeonghan back onto his chest and holding him there tightly. Seungcheol doesn’t want to let Jeonghan go and he really just wants to stay in bed and cuddle all day if he can. “Don’t be mean,” the older boy huffs, struggling to hold a fidgeting Jeonghan in his arms while his short black hair falls over his eyes, which is really distressing because the strands are making things uncomfortable and he wants to brush them away. “You’re just really beautiful.”

“Not when I’m sleeping,” retaliates Jeonghan with another grunt, but he relaxes in Seungcheol’s arms, even snuggling into the familiar warmth just a little bit and letting his slender fingers brush the black hair out of Seungcheol’s eyes. “I probably look all nasty and swollen.” Jeonghan mutters against Seungcheol’s neck, vibrations from Jeonghan’s lips tickling at the sensitive skin which makes Seungcheol shy away at the feeling.

“You’re cute when your face is swollen-” Seungcheol barely gets out the words before Jeonghan’s hitting him again, cheeks flushed and lips drawn out into a thin line. He laughs heartily when Jeonghan pinches his cheek while the older boy’s fingers are brushing through the other’s long hair gently. Seungcheol’s hand wanders down to cup Jeonghan’s face in his palm and tilt the boy’s head up so he can take in those features again. Jeonghan doesn’t protest, lets Seungcheol move him, and lets Seungcheol’s eyes connect with his.

Before they know it, they’re both smiling, lips curving up at the edges and the sleepiness and laziness of that Sunday morning is still evident in those small expressions. Seungcheol leans in to press his lips softly against Jeonghan’s in a lazy kiss, eyes fluttering closed and he notes how it feels like he’s dreaming again. Jeonghan’s lips are rough and a little wet; Seungcheol is sure his lips aren’t any different, but the warmth and the butterflies in his stomach are still there even when he pulls away and opens his eyes.

Jeonghan scrunches his nose and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, shuffling under the covers to bring himself up to Seungcheol’s level a little more, resting his head right next to the older boy’s on the soft white pillows. Seungcheol is laughing breathily, thumb running over Jeonghan’s bottom lip after his hand is removed, Seungcheol pressing kisses to the space between his brows and over the top of his forehead instead.

“Morning breath isn’t pretty,” is what the younger boy grumbles when Seungcheol is busy nuzzling his nose against the brunet’s cheek, but the older boy just shrugs, pulls back so he can look into Jeonghan’s eyes because he loves how they still sparkle in the morning light.

“But you are,” Seungcheol says as he smiles, teeth showing and cheeks swelling. He knows how cheesy it is, but Jeonghan is probably used to it by now. It shows when Jeonghan rolls his eyes at his comment. Seungcheol is pretty sure Jeonghan doesn’t mind him being so cheesy that early in the morning though, because Jeonghan is smiling just as bright as he is anyway.

Jeonghan presses a kiss to Seungcheol’s cheek as he moves away, sitting up and letting the bed sheets fall off his shoulders. He’s wearing a plain white shirt and grey shorts that the waistband of those shorts just peek through from under the covers. It’s somewhat of a contrast to what Seungcheol has on. No shirt and wearing only a pair of (very comfortable) checkered boxers his mother bought him for Christmas (which Jeonghan still teases him about wearing so often).

Seungcheol reaches out to Jeonghan, trying to pull him back down to bed but Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter