Stay: Momo x Mina Chapter 11 [Season 1]

Cheese in the Trap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The class started at 8, she went around 12— just exactly when the students were scattered around the campus— eating lunch or bonding out with peers.

 

The tapping of the woman's foot infront of her rang through her ears like the annoying sound of her alarm clock that she sets to ring when it turns 7. It was kind of annoying, but she couldn't complain. No more bragging of dollars in the bank account, Miss Hwang would surely play low again, and ofcourse, the both of them wouldn't want to.

 

"Meet me in my office. Now."

 

Momo followed, steps lazy and hands clasped around the leather that hanged on her shoulders. She looked like a kid to others but in reality, she's more than just that. She's more than anything.

 

"Lock the door and sit."

 

When they arrived at the room, Momo only hears Miss Hwang's slightly husky voice. She followed when she just wanted to get this over with. Sitting on the new couch that displayed at the corner of her book and brewed coffee scented room, Momo placed down her bag that was almost as light as feather. She didn't find any interesting thing to bring with her along the so-called hellhole place. Just her wallet, full of deluxe leveled credit cards and a picture of her along with Nayeon and Dahyun on their first London trip.

 

Miss Hwang has a ton of papers sitting neatly on her desk. She brings out a red folder along with many others on its side but Momo guesses the woman knows how her things were placed quite well. She takes off her glasses and puts on a palm on her almost creased forehead.

 

With a disappointed look, the older woman spoke,"And what did you do to Miss Myoui once again, Hirai?"

 

The girl's attention was fast to be caught. She thought that they're going to discuss about why she's late to go to school again— and the process she has to walk through like writing hand-written letters to each of her teacher telling she's sorry when she's not.

 

No. She guesses today is not that kind of day.

 

Today is different.

 

When it comes to Mina, Momo always thought it's different.

 

Has she told about how the single mention of the girl's name makes wonders to her mind? She never thought of someone this extreme, like the thought of her smile would make her heart halt several beats; like the thought of her touch would make her stop breathing for some seconds; like the thought of her kiss would make her go insane.

 

She didn't know. She wasn't sure. And Momo's never a risk-taker when it comes to love— or that's what she thought she is.

 

Miss Hwang slides over a much thinner folder than the other one which is thick as an inch. She gestures for the younger to take it with the move of her hand and Momo stands up like she was casted over a spell to follow everything the older woman orders.

 

It's been awhile since she took Miss Hwang's words into her and today is actually a start. They could continue like this when the topic revolves around Myoui Mina— which is the only topic Momo is interested to.

 

Heading back to the couch as she sitted with a slump, Momo's fingers slid over the fine lines of papers and read out some groups of words heartily.

 

She blinks, looking up to see the face Miss Hwang has been sporting the moment they stepped in the room.

 

Disappointment. Distressed. You name it. Momo could see it all with her own two eyes.

 

"I know it's a bit of a shock, but I'm guessing you know how much of an excellent student she is. I can't lose her for the sole reason of being emotionally affected over 'someone', who she claims that I shouldn't know," Miss Hwang leans over her chair and clasps her arms over her chest,"Well, guess what, I know everything."

 

Momo raises a brow, putting aside the folder and landing her chin on the top of her palm. She looked at Miss Hwang directly as she spoke.

 

"If you can't lose her, what do you think of me? She's an excellent student but I'm guessing she's more of excellent along by my side."

 

Miss Hwang grimaces,"Haven't heard words like those for awhile. Also didn't know that the almighty famous delinquent can act as a sweet lovestruck highschool girl."

 

"Like I said, what do you think of me?"

 

"But I'm sorry, Miss Hirai, I don't allow such young fellows to enter these kind of relationships. You have alot to learn and one of those things is coming to school 'on time'." She emphasizes before putting back her glasses on with a slightly teasing smile. It only lasted for a second though, before she turned back to being serious.

 

"I just promise you she wouldn't have to go."

 

The older woman raises a brow,"And what makes you so sure you could make her stay? You were the reason she was about to go."

 

Momo takes her bag and held the cold knob of the door,"You can't let go if your heart never says so. Trust me. I'll make her stay."

 

---

 

"58. You're right."

 

"That's just a wild guess though."

 

Mina sighed for the nth time this day. On the other side of the table, there is this guy sitting, an arm resting on the backrest of the chair as he slumped over, a grin— or maybe a smirk painted his lips. His tone cocky.

 

The usual. Mina bows her head slightly and focuses on the words jotted down on her notebook.

 

"You know, I enjoy this alot. I think I'm learning. Alot."

 

Mina checks her watch and then fixes the tad of book lying on one of the tables in the library. When it comes to tutoring, it should be done in this quiet place. She was only asked to take this guy with her, who's running low with his grades on the subject of Mathematics.

 

Miss Lee knows how Mina spends her lunch time in the library, and instead of eating, she would hit the books. Forced, and left with no choice, she has to bring along a guy named Mark Tuan with her.

 

"Uhmmm...if you finally got it, you can leave..." Mina says shyly, tone soft and eyes still casted down.

 

"No, not yet. You still have tons to teach me."

 

"But—"

 

"She told you to leave. Why won't you leave?"

 

Their heads snapped before them, and a girl who has her locks dyed to brunette caught Mina's attention. Unlike hers, Mina's hair bared the colour of fresh jet black. Also is shorter, resting along an inch longer than shoulder-length.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter