The Value of Relationship

The Value of Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

             “Hey~ Are you busy?”

You read the text message that you have sent to your boyfriend, Jiho, four days ago. Four days and still no reply from him. You were acknowledge him being busy as the new rising producer in such a young age in an underground hip-hop scene, but four days ignoring you nor giving you any news is just way too much.

“Are you okay? You did not reply my message, which make me worried about you. Please reply me this time.”

You re-reading your message twice before you finally sent it to Jiho. You were waiting and waiting for his reply but nothing actually happen.

“Sorry. I forgot to reply your message. In addition, yes, I’m okay. You don’t need to be worried.”

You were at the café with your friend when you saw the text message that just come from Jiho while a mix of various feelings come through your mind and body.

“Hey, are you okay?” Your friend asked.

“Hmm? Yeah, yeah. I’m okay… I- uh, I just need to go right now. See ya.” You said before you left the café. You then grab a taxi before it brought you to your home.

As soon as you arrive at your home, you went to your room and laid yourself on your bed before you finally unlocked you phone just to re-reading Jiho’s message.

This time, you could feel a pitch of anger inside you as you felt that his reply is somewhat careless, like, he didn’t even asked how have you been doing.

“That’s it? Asking ‘how have you been?’ would be nice of you, you know.”

You sent another reply for him before you planted your face on your pillow. Not long after, you heard your phone ringing and as you look at it, it was Jiho who calling you. You ignored the phone, as you really didn't want to talk to him at that time. Your phone kept ringing and ringing for a few more times when finally you heard you getting a message. One, two, five, ten, fifteen, you count the text message that you’ve received.

You finally unlocked your phone and saw the entire text message from Jiho who were all telling you to pick up his phone. By the time you seeing the message, Jiho calling you again and now you finally pick it up.

"What's wrong with you?" Your  heard Jiho's stern voice as soon as you received the call. 

“'What’s wrong with you?' four days not calling and texting me, your first greeting was what's wrong with me? Wow!” You sarcastically said.

“Cut the crap, what's wrong with you, really?”

“Nothing’s wrong with me.”

“I said, cut the crap. I know there’s something wrong with you.”

You could hear anger in his voice and it made you angrier with him. You’re the one who should be angry with him, not the other way.

“You know what?” you said slowly. “I’m not going to talk to you for a while. I need you to miss me. I need you to appreciate having me in your life.” You said those words before you finally ended up the call and pulled out the battery from your phone.

You were looking out of the big window in front of you as you watch the sunset. Its beautifulness has drawn you in, made you mesmerized by its grace which layered by pretty pastel colors of sky.

You kept watching at the beautiful view of nature in front of you until the sun finally drown under horizon and making your surrounding become dark as you didn’t turning on any lights. You heaved a sigh before you laid yourself down on the soft mattress beneath you and close your eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter