Chapter 1

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Word Count:1155                                                                                              

Chapter 1

    I bit my lips to hold back the shriek of pain as I pulled on my tights underneath my skirt. The fabric had ruthlessly rubbed against the bullet wound right beneath my left knee from 2 nights ago. 

I was usually careful and skilled enough to be able to get out of a gang fight unscathed but I hadn't been expecting the little girl that had accidentally walked into the middle of the battlefield. It was worth it though. As much as a gangster I was, I still had morals.

I finished putting on the rest of the uniform and used the comb that had a few teeth missing to try and make the nest of hair on top of my head look presentable. Sighing, I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and slapped the fake, nerdy glasses onto my face. I completed the look with fake acne by using makeup. It was essential that nobody from the underworld recognized me. 

I glanced at the time. 8:05 am. . I had only 15 minutes before classes started. My cover would be blown if the "goody-goody" arrived late to class for the first time in history. 

I grabbed my bag and the other half of the apple from last night's dinner and sprinted out of the apartment, down the 4 flights of stairs, and out of the run down building. I jumped over 2 stray cats and focused on getting to the bus stop instead of the pain from my knee.

I rounded the corner and cursed as I saw the bus already there at the stop. I pushed my legs to go faster and banged my fist against the closed doors, much to the annoyance of the bus driver. 

Ignoring his glares, I scanned my card and hastily moved to the back with my eyes down. A group of boys who had been sitting at the back shot me looks of disgust and moved to seats further up. I plopped down on a seat and tried to regain my breath. Leaning my head against the window, I pulled out my phone—it was an old Samsung Galaxy S4 with a cracked screen that I had bought in a second hand shop with the money from a mission from 2 months ago.

I had a flip phone initially but it was easier for me to receive missions through texts. I checked the inbox to see a message from my past client saying that the money had been dropped off in the agreed spot but nothing else. Grinning slightly, I slipped the phone back into my pocket. I might be able to rest today. 

I made it to class on time and without any "problems"(cough cough) , much to my relief. Sliding into my seat in the front of class (another reason why my cover was believable), I took out my textbooks and mentally prepared myself for an hour of lecture, which frankly, I couldn't give two s about. But nobody knows that.

As far as the population of Seoul High School is concerned, I'm the dumb nerd (talk about an oxymoron) everyone hates and the punch bag of Bangtan. It baffles the teachers as to how a student who spends so much time near books is unable to achieve good scores.

It baffles me too you know, how unbelievably

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter