The Necklace

Vernon- Necklace of fate

"Oi ____ you've been staring at that necklace for the past hour" Says your best friend, Jessica. "Find something better to do than waste your time looking at that thing, like maybe find a boyfriend or something?"

 

“It's not just a thing! It's a necklace, who knows if someone has a lock to open this, there might be a message hidden inside it!”, you say. “Besides I already have somebody I like, but he will never like me back I know for sure, he's the typical popular, extremely good looking guy in our school , where as i am just a potato. I mean why would the most popular guy in our school choose someone like me, there's so many other pretty girls in our school.”

 

"Don't think like that, you are special in your own way, everyone is, so love yourself for who you are, you don't need to change for anybody." Jessica exclaims, “Besides how would you know if he liked you or not, you're not him.”

 

*Next day*

 

You have english classes and math classes with him, you would look forward to those classes everyday, just so you can sneak glances at him he sits four tables away, as usual he is surrounded by people and girls. During english class you always look at him, blushing and smiling like an idiot to yourself, when the teacher walks over to you and smacks you on the head with a book "Excuse me ____ if you don't want to be in this class, then get out.

 

Everyone was laughing at you, but you couldn't help to see if Vernon was laughing as well, you would do anything to see him smile, instead he was just staring at you, you immediately turned around,

"Omg was he looking at me just now am I thinking straight?" You couldn't help contain your smile, you turned beetroot red. Your heart was beating so fast, you thought people could hear your heartbeat, like a drum your heart was beating so much. For the rest of the day you couldn't stop thinking about him, smiling like an idiot.  

 

When it was lunch break everyone was rushing to the cafeteria like there was no tomorrow, You were trying to go the opposite direction, but you couldn't as there was a huge mob of people running to the cafeteria, when Mingyu accidentally shouldered you, he was so tall causing you to fall on your back. "SORRY!" he shouted without looking back.

 

"Ow!" There was a sharp pain in your lower back, you got up rubbing your back, You dropped all the books in your hands,they were scattered all over the floor “Sigh as if this day can get any worse”, as you were picking them up your back hurt a lot, struggling to pick up the books, as you saw a pair of beautiful hands, with a silver ring on his pinky, you looked up it was Vernon.

 

His eyes were beautiful, you felt as if you could stare at them all day. The Vernon, the guy you have a crush on. He's helping you, he's looking at you. Your face turns bright red like a tomato. You wanted time to stop so you could remain like this forever, the pain in your back disappeared as you were looking at him, just looking at him makes you feel better.

 

You couldn't speak properly, as soon as you collected all your books, you thanked him quietly and ran away as fast as you could. You couldnt hide your smile any longer, you were going to burst into excitment. Vernon was about to say something but you ran away as fast as you could ,he didn't get a chance to speak to you. You didn't want him to see your bright red face. You were already too happy with him just looking at you. You were jumping all over the place with a huge smile on your face, you were too happy to care how stupid you looked.
 

You hadn't realised that you accidentally dropped your necklace. When you got home you were searching everywhere for it, under the pillows, in the kitchen, in the garden, everywhere. “This day got so much worse, what I am going to do now, I lost my necklace, the only thing that meant so much to me“ You felt devestated, you kept thinking about the necklace, you didn't know what to do, after trying to search for it all day you went to bed exhausted.

 

 

*ADMIN NOTE*

Man high schools can be tough, just remember to be yourself, and love yourself and never change for anybody. High school is only a couple years of your entire life~ Please give me any feedback on what I can improve on~ Please look forward to chapter 2~ :3 

Love you my fellow readers><