O N E

Find Out

“It’s a case of amnesia due to the head trauma she received. There’s no real brain damage but the hit seemed to have caused memory loss,” The doctor scribbled into a notepad while the man with the white hair listened nervously.

 

“So she can’t remember anything?” The man asked while running a hand through his hair.

 

“Not everything. She can remember basic information like how to brush her teeth or ride a bicycle. However, I’m not sure how serious her amnesia is. It defers for different people. She could remember events from only her childhood but she could not even remember her own name,” The doctor sighed, “her amnesia could last forever, or she could regain it back in time.”

 

“Forever…” The man closed his eyes and fisted his hair.

 

“What we should do now is tell her information, show her places, items or anything that she might find familiar and jog up her memory. It’s inside her head somewhere, just locked up.”

 

She listened closely to their conversation.

 

Amnesia…

 

She had lost her memories…or rather they 
are locked inside her head, out of reach.

 

She was attacked by someone, but why?

 

More questions started to pile up.

 

She needed to find out.

 

She was knocked out of her thoughts when the man approached her and the doctor left. He sat on a vacant chair next to the bed she was on.

 

“Soona, I can’t believe this is happening,” the man sighed into his hands, “I shouldn’t have let you go on that trip alone. I should have went with you and protected you!”

 

“It’s…not your fault,” She gathered the courage to say, “I don’t remember what happened but I know it’s not your fault. I’m sure of it.”

 

The man looked up at her and smiled warmly. His brown orbs shining under the lamp.

 

“But…Soona,” she fidgeted, “is that my name?”

 

The man’s face once again turned to one of despair. “Yes, yes it is.”

 

“You’re Park Soona, and you're the commander of the Red Army."

 

※※※※※※※※※※

 

The next morning, Soona woke up with a headache as incidents from the day before flooded her mind. Well, only the incidents from yesterday.

 

She did not hear the familiar sounds of the birds chirping as the leaves rustled in the wind. She did not feel the sunlight seep in through the cracks of the curtain.

 

Weird, she thought. From what she could remember, this was far from what was the norm.

 

She made her way to the window and she grabbed the curtains.

 

She was about to pull the curtains back when someone knocked on the door, so she stopped what she was doing and headed for the door instead.

 

Outside stood the man from yesterday. The one with the white, silvery hair and the warm brown orbs.

 

"Good morning Soona," He grinned.

 

"Hello. Is there something wrong?"

 

"What? I'm supposed to pick you up for-- oh, right," the man's eyes darted down to the ground, "May I come in?"

 

Soona nodded and let the man in. She didn't remember him but she knew she trusted him. There was just this familiarity about him.

 

"I guess we should follow Jinyoung's tips."

 

Soona gave a confused look.

 

"Oh, yeah, I meant the doctor,"

 

Soona only nodded back and gave a small, sad smile.

 

"So, what do you remember?"

 

"I...I don't know. I had this vision before I woke up. I was with my family, I think." Soona shut her eyes tightly as she recalled the details of what she saw in her head, "I was playing with my dad, my mom and my brother were there too. We were in the garden infront of my house," Soona furrowed her eyebrows as she remembered the horrifiying image etached in her mind, "then everything just changed, it became dark and cloudy and then this...thing came. It looked so much like a human, but its movements were awkward, and its eyes...they were this dull yellow colour, and there were these dark red veins surrounding them...and then it c-came for me."

 

Soona didn't realise she was crying until she felt the man put his arms around her and pulled her into his embrace. She sobbed into his neck as the scene replayed in her mind.

 

"It's okay, I'm here. Everything's going to be fine. I'm going to protect you."

 

After she calmed down, the man continued his questions, determined to help Soona.

 

"So, what age were you in this memory?"

 

"Probably around 12 years old."

 

"Holy ," the man breathed out, a little shaky, "that was before the breakout,

 

that was before everything."

 
 

"8 years ago, there was a breakout, a research experiment gone wrong, they said. A disease that killed people in an hour. Nations were wiped out and everyone was in a state of panic. The government managed to gather those who weren't infected and gave us vaccinations for it. Then, 5 years later, 3 years ago, the disease started to mutate itself. It didn't kill anymore, it started to live. Instead of killing a person, the virus thrived in them, replacing the cells in their bodies with its own, slowly turning the person into...something else. The world went into another state of panic, except this time, there was nothing the government could do. The disease was too strong for any vaccination. And that is also when I met you."

 

Soona didn't realise she was holding her breath when she in a harsh breath, along with the tears that brimmed her eyes.

 

The world as she came to know was gone, destroyed.

 

And the worst thing was, she didn't even remember why.

 

"W-what about my family?"

 

"Oh, about that, I don't really know," the man scratched his head awkwardly, "you never told us, or anyone for that matter. You said you would tell me, when you found out the truth."

 

"The truth about what?"

 

"That's what you were doing. You were trying to find out the truth, until you got ambushed, and attacked."

 

Soona gritted her teeth. She didn't know why she was mad, but she was.

 

Then she realised she didn't know anything about the man at all.

 

"You told me everything, but you haven't told me anything about yourself," She fiddled her thumbs, "I don't remember, but I can feel that you are someone very important to me."

 

The man's face broke out into a small smile before he stood up and grabbed Soona's wrist, "Come on, it's time to meet the crew."

 

※※※※※※※※※※※

 

"And this here is the crew," The man gestured to the 6 men lined up in the hallway outside her room.

 

They smiled brightly at her but she could see the tinge of sadness in their eyes. They probably knew about her amnesia. They all wore similar clothes. Combat boots, jackets, tank tops.

 

"Park Jinyoung. The doctor of our team. He's extremely smart, experinced in the medical field, can handle any kind of operation and was on his way with a scholarship to be a neurosurgeon until...well, this."

 

Jinyoung smiled and put his hand out, "pleasure to meet you...again,"

 

Soona shook his hand but she couldn't help but blurt out, "we have the same surname."

 

Jinyoung's face lit up before he chucked silently, and the other boys laughed lightly too. "This was exactly the same thing you said to me when I first met you."

 

Soona laughed. This was the first time she laughed since she woke up. It felt weird, but familiar all the same. It felt great.

 

"Do I need to remind you that 'Park' is a very common name in Korea, again."

 

"This is Im Jaebum. He's strong, but not as strong as me," the man emphasized but quickly changed his tone when Jaebum glared at him. Soona laughed again. "anyway, He's strong. He used to a navy officer. He also has great navigating abilities."

 

"Nice to meet you!" Soona put out her hand and Jaebum shook it, wincing.

 

"Sorry Soona, it was my fault, I shouldn't have let you go by yourself. I should have stayed by your side, then this wouldn't happen," Jaebum looked at Soona, guilt written in his eyes.

 

"He went on your mission with you. He was the only one you allowed to tag along." the man explained.

 

Soona nodded and reached towards Jaebum to grab his chin with her fingers and position his face to look directly at her. She didn't know where her courage came from but she guessed they were really close, judging by how he wasn't weirded out by her actions.

 

"Jaebum, it's not your fault at all. You tried your best. There must be a reason why I got attacked," she looked at him straight in the eyes, "I know it's not your fault."

 

Jaebum seemed to sigh in relief and gave Soona a small smile.

 

"We're gonna find that bastard and kill him, Soona."

 

"Next here is BamBam. He might not look strong but he's quick on his feet and has the best agility among us. He's quick on thinking too. Also, he likes to admire his own legs."

 

Everyone laughed amusingly and BamBam flushed red.

 

"I have nice legs, alright!"

 

"Choi Youngjae. He's great in electronics, computers, and he can also make anything you could think of. He was pretty much the best hacker and went by the name ladiesman1234 online."

 

"I'm going to kill you. Stop bringing that up!"

 

"Mark Tuan. Has a beautiful face and amazing features, especially his eyes. He has great vision, the best scouter and has deadly aim too. He won awards for best marksmanship too." the silver haired man laughed silently to himself, "marksmanship, get it? Mark!"

 

Everyone laughed again and Soona could feel the mood lighten up. She guessed that he was the moodmaker of the team, and she couldn't wait to hear his name.

 

"Kim Yugyeom. The maknae of the team, but a huge one," Yugyeom only chuckled, "He can handle any type of weapon, from knifes and melee weapons to pistols and revolvers. I don't know how in his life he managed to get exposed to so many kinds of weapons but...yeah."

 

"You'll never get to know my secret, hyung."

 

Soona was bubbling in anticipation. She knew the man wasn't just an ordinary guy. She just couldn't pinpoint who he was to her. He was special, even much more than the others in the team.

 

"Finally, me. Jackson Wang. The most amazing and talented guy in this hallway. I'm athletic and flexible and I used to be in the national fencing team. I have quick reflexes and thinking too."

 

"Hey, that's not fair, I want to do my own introduction too."

 

Jackson made a face at them and glanced back to Soona.

 

"Jackson..." She felt the name roll off her tongue. He felt familiar. She wanted to remember.

 

"Jackson..." She said, louder.

 

"Hmm?" Jackson beamed at her while trying to fight off BamBam who started to protest against the introduction he was given.

 

"Who are you to me?" Soona asked timidly, "and who am I to you?"

 

Jackson gave a small smile, but there was that tinge of sadness in his eyes. BamBam stopped his arm-flailing movements when they heard what she asked. They all stopped.

 

"Well..." Jackson his lips.

 

"I'm your boyfriend."

 
 
 
 

And that was Chapter 1! This chapter doesn't seem long but I spent a long time writing itbut this was just to explain the situation clearly and I think it came out quite well. Also, I wanted to end it a little more dramatically so here it is~
More plot coming up! By the way, sooson or jackna :^) .....nevermind it sounds weird