Cuddle Time

Warm Blanket

It was one of rare days for Seungcheol. He was up and still have lump of body wrapped tightly with warm blanket beside him. Usually, he would only found himself alone in bed on most morning when he woke up. Fresh coffee and pancake or toast could be smelt from outside of their shared bedroom.

He blinked his eyes several times, wanting sleepiness leaving him. He watched the lump of blanket and move closer.

“Morning, sunshine,” he greeted with hoarse voice still tick with sleepiness. But only groans greeted him back. Thinking that Jeonghan might be still tired, he leaned closer and pecked the other forehead. His forehead was warm, and wet.

“You’re warm,” Seungcheol said unconsciously. This time too, only Jeonghan only groaned.

“No, wait. You’re hot,”Seungcheol immediately sat up, rocking Jeonghan’s body in the process. Sleepiness long gone.

“I am,” Jeonghan mumbled.

“Not that. Yes. You’re hot. Always. But it’s not that,” Seungcheol stuttered. “You got a fever,” worried was evidence in his voice.

“It seems, I got cold all morning,” Jonghan replied. “Sorry, I snatched your blanket.”

Seungcheol furrowed his eyebrows together. “What? I’m more worried about you.” Seungcheol got up and searched for his sweater, because even on cold night we still sleep shirtless for he would cuddle the younger with him being cold as an excuse.

“Do we have some meds for fever?” He ask as he’s donning his cloth.

“Bathroom,” Jeonghan replied.

Seungcheol made beeline to the bathroom which is attached to the bedroom, searching every cabinet looking for the box of medication. When he found it, Seungcheol hurried back.

He took out some advil from the labeled bottle and processed to give it to Jeonghan with a glass of water on bedside table. But he pulled the med before Jeonghan can reach it, remembering  something, “You can’t take the meds with an empty stomach.” He said sternly.

“It’s fine,” Jeonghan insisted.

Sighing, Seungcheol gave the advil back, helping the younger with the glass of water. “Still, I’ll made something for you,” he said.

“I can’t eat ramyun early in the morning, and I don’t want any toast,” Jeonghan said softly.

“Fine, I’ll make you something else, which is edible,” Seungcheol said while got up.

“But you can only make those two,” the younger sighed. “I’ll help.”

“No.” Seungcheol said sternly. But he gave up immediately when Jeonghan glared at him as if said ‘I won’t let you destroy my kitchen even when I’m in this state’.

“Fine, but I’m the one who is cooking and you only give me direction. Okay?” Seungcheol compromised. He then walked to the closet, searching for fresh sweater because the shirt Jeonghan wore was covered with sweat.

“As long as you don’t wreck my kitchen,” Jeonghan said while attempting to sit with difficulty. “My head’s spinning.” Seungcheol crouched himself beside the younger, placing his hand on the little of Jeonghan’s back helping him to sit and changed the damp shirt with the fresh sweater.

When Jeonghan starting to put his feet to the tiled floor, he retracted his feet immediately, “The floor is too cold for my bare feet.”

Without further ado, Seungcheol wrapped the blanket around Jeonghan’s body and pick him up bridal style, “This will do, right?” He smiled tenderly to the younger and walked to the living room to put Jeonghan on the sofa.

“Not here,” Jeonghan protested. “Put me on the kitchen stool.”

“But you’ll be more comfortable here, sweetheart,” Seungcheol argued.

“As I told you before, I can’t let you destroy my kitchen,” Jeonghan sighed. “So?” he said while extending both his hand, asking to be picked up. Defeated, Seungcheol picked his precious once more and headed to kitchen, put down Jeonghan on one of the stools and made sure the younger comfortable first.

“I’ll make porridge, what do I do fisrt?” He asked the younger.

“Instant rice, on sauce pan and a lot of water,” Jeonghan instructed.

Seungcheol rummaged the cabinet high and low to search the said rice, when he found it, he put two cups in sauce pan. Now he struggled with how much water needed, looking at the younger for direction, he furrowed his eyebrows, as if he was stuck with an impossible task.

“Water ten cups, hyung,” Jeonghan relayed the answer.

Smiling brightly and turning back to the tap, he added ten cups of water as instructed. He then put the pan on the stove and the fire. He walked to the fridge and poured some orange juice to give to the younger. “So you’ll get better fast,” he said. The younger murmuring thank you while receiving the glass and sip it bit by bit.

“Add a pinch of salt and stir it well,” Jonghan said after sipping his juice.

“Yes, chef.” Seungcheol said and took a spatula to stir the porridge.

“Is there anything to add? I don’t think I can eat it plain like this,” Seungcheol said after the rice started to smoothen.

“Fridge, I sautéed some chicken last night,” Jeonghan said. Seungcheol then walked to the fridge, looking for other ingredient. “I planned to make some stir fry veggie and chicken for breakfast, but this stupid fever!” the younger complained.

Seungcheol could only smile at the chicken added porridge he’s stirring. “It’s fine. You can rest up and it’s good for me too, to try making breakfast once in a while.”

“Is this done?” Seungchol showed the thickened porridge to Jeonghan.

“Yes,” the younger nodded his head.

Seungcheol then proceeding to ladle the porridge into bowls for Jeonghan and himself. “I hope it is edible.”

Jeonghan took a spoonful and blew the porridge, tasting it. “It’s good.” He praised the elder.

“Really?” Seungcheol ask skeptically. He then tried it himself. “It’s not that good. As I thought, I should just ask Jisoo to buy you some porridge.”

“Why? It’s good though, even though it’s slightly burned and you put in a bit too much salt, but it’s edible. I can eat it,” the younger reasoned. “I’m hungry, and I’m cold, my head hurts, it’s spinning. Can we eat already? I want to sleep too…” Jeonghan whined trying to distract the other.

“Yes, yes. You don’t have to finish it all though, don’t force yourself, okay? I’ll get you some porridge on the way home later,” Seungcheol said, the younger’s long silky hair.

Seungcheol went to get his phone to text Jisoo that I couldn’t attend morning class because I needed to take care someone precious to me whom now caught a slight fever. Said Jisoo only texted back ok, don’t worry. Tell him that the guys wished him to get well soon. Seungcheol texted a simple thank you as a reply.

“Oh yeah, you have morning class today right?” Jeonghan remembered.

“I can skip it, and only go to afternoon class. You’ll be okay right?” Seungcheol asking worriedly.

“I’m not that weak. Just cuddle me after this until I fall asleep and you can go to your morning class,” Jeonghan smiled understandingly.

“Sure thing,” Seungcheol replied “And I already texted Jisoo that you won’t go to uni today because you got a slight fever.”

“The kids will be worried, you know,” Jeonghan pouted. Actually he just didn’t want to make their friends worried over him.

“That’s why I said you just got slight fever, I also told them not to worry,” Seungcheol smiled reassuringly.

“Fine. But when they come, you’re the one who have to deal with their obnoxious act. I don’t want to be disturbed when I get a nappy time,” the younger glared.

Seungcheol only smiled at that, and it didn’t comfort Jeonghan a bit. They ate the porridge, and surprisingly Jeonghan finished his whole bowl, either his taste bud went numb or just to appreciate my effort, Seungcheol mused. He didn’t tell Jonghan that he already told Jisoo he wouldn’t attend morning class though.

“Can we go to bedroom now?” Jeonghan asked while extending his arms, asking to be picked up.

“Yes, princess,” and Seungcheol picked him up bridal style again and headed to their bedroom. Laying the younger on the bed, Seungcheol went to the other side and laid beside him, pulling Jeonghan into his embrace and wrapped their body in a thick blanket.

Facing the older’s chest, Jonghan said, ”Go to your morning class too, don’t skip it. You need more credit for the semester, you know,” and he drifted to sleep not long after.

“I know, now sleep,” Seungcheol kissed Jeonghan’s forehead. “Rest well, sweetheart. It pains me to see you suffering like this.”

 

 

Extra :

After reading a text message from Seungcheol, Jisoo told their friends that their hyungs wouldn’t come to class.

“Really, they shouldn’t do it until morning just to skip morning class,” joked Minggyu.

“I bet it’s Seungcheol hyung whho can’t let go of Jeonghan hyung,” added Wonwoo.

“Yah, he’s sick, you idiot couple!” scolded Jun.

“who’s sick?” ask the maknae, Chan, to the oldest hyung pesent.

“Jeonghan hyung is sick, so Seungcheol hyung needs to take care of him,” Jun replied, he also saw the text Seungcheol sent to Jisoo.

“Tell him to get well soon,” Seungkwan said.

“I already did, I told Seungcheol hyung not to worry and wish Jeonghan to get well soon,” Jisoo said calmly.

“Shall we visit him later?” asked Vernon who stood behind Seungkwan.

“Let’s just ask Seungcheol hyung when he gets here later, I think Jeonghan won’t let him skip afternoon class either,” Jihoon reasoned to calm the other.

“Let’s just go for a surprised visit,” suggested Minggyu. “And bring some fruit, and porridge and confetti!”

“It would be hilarious,” Soonyoung added.

“Yeah, it would be hilarious to see your kicked by Seungcheol hyung,” Jihoon scolded them.

"And ignored by Jeonghan hyung the entire week," Minghao added.

 

---THE END---

 

a.n : Hello everyone. This is my attempt after year not writing anything.

I’m sorry if it’s not up to your expectation and disappoint you.

If you appreciate my work, leave more comments so I know what you think of this story, and what I need to improve. Thank you in advance for subscribing and commenting (even though I’m not sure if you would like it to subscribe and leave a single comment).