coups ; books

coups ; books

You’ve been working in the book store for a few months and every time you’re there, you’d see a familiar face sitting at a corner reading, and sometimes glancing at you. He’s seungcheol, the regular who comes to the book store every day without fail. He has a pair of round and sparkly eyes with long lashes, and an orange pink chipped lips. There was something attractive about him, but you don’t know exactly how to describe.

 

You were unpacking the new books and carrying some of them to the corner where seungcheol was sitting. You packed the books neatly in the respective shelves and just when you were about to remove one book from the shelf, you realised that it was being tugged on the other side. You lowered your head and saw seungcheol through the shelf.

 

“Sorry” you apologised and let go.

 

“It’s okay” he said and took the book.

 

Seungcheol walked over to your side to check out the new books that just arrived.

 

“Are these new arrivals?” he asked.

 

“Yeah” you nodded your head and couldn't look him straight in the eye because he was so good looking.

 

Seungcheol took the book and read a few pages while you continued to pack. After you were done, you stood up while carrying the box and you didn't realise he was right behind you and you accidentally bumped into him. The box dropped and you apologised again.

 

“Why do you keep apologising?” seungcheol was amused and he smiled, then picked up the box for you.

 

“I don’t know…” your face turned red and he must have noticed, because he couldn't stop smiling. 

 

“I- I’ll get back to work” you said and walked away quickly.

 

*That must have been embarrassing* you thought to yourself.

 

*She’s really cute* seungcheol thought.

 

The truth about seungcheol’s daily visit to the store is because of you. The first time he saw you was through the glass window. He walked past outside and so happened, he looked in and the first person he saw was you. You were packing and reading the books that time and he was mesmerised by the way you were intrigued by the books. So after that day, he decided to visit every day, in hopes that he can one day get to know you.

 

When you were still trying to calm yourself down, seungcheol walked to you, holding onto a book.

 

“Have you read this book?” he asked.

“Yeah, it’s a good book” you replied.

 

“That was what I thought too. Seems like we have the same taste” he teased.

 

You laughed at his sudden remark and you asked him why he’s here every day.

 

“To be honest, I came here for you”

 

“Me?” you were slightly taken aback.

 

“I saw you from outside once and you looked really attractive when you’re serious… so I was thinking if one day we could be friends” seungcheol confessed.

 

 

After that day, the both of you became closer and the books that you like were coincidentally his favourites as well, and vice versa. Seems like the magic of books could take both of you to another level, something more than friends, perhaps?