Part 2

Sunflower

I'm sorry.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hyung. Hyung. Hyung, wake up."

 

Jimin groaned in his sleep and slapped Jungkook's hand away.

 

"Hyung, wake up. We're going somewhere." Jungkook tried again. Still, Jimin repeated the cycle.

 

Jungkook sighed and crossed his arms. He roamed his eyes over the older's body. He smirked. "Hyung, if you don't wake up right now, I'll fck you so hard until you can't walk for 3 or more days."

 

Jimin jolted up from his sleep, his cheeks quickly tainted in bright red and his face hot. "JEON JUNGKOOK!"

 

Jungkook chuckled and scooped Jimin in his arms. "Jungkook-ah, let me go! Aargh! Let me go! Put me down!"

 

Jungkook smirked. "Nope. Never." Jimin struggled in the younger's hold, until he fell tired and let the younger have what he wants.

 

Jungkook carried Jimin to the bathtub and settled him in it. He went to the sink and got the things for bath. He returned to Jimin and got rid of his clothes. Jimin didn't bother complain since he knows the younger wouldn’t listen to him anyway. As always.

 

"Hmpph." Jimin pouted. Jungkook saw this and chuckled. He held Jimin close to him and kissed his forehead, his nose and his lips, lingering in for a minute. He felt Jimin smiled and giggled God, he giggled in his lips.

 

They pulled away. "Hyung, just don't complain." Jimin just giggled again.

 

Jungkook opened the faucet to fill up the bathtub. "Now, let's bathe you already."

 

"You sure you'll just bathe me? Knowing you, it's something more."

 

"Knowing you, you like it too."

 

Jimin rolled his eyes to the younger and just muttered things under his breath.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jungkook filed an indefinite leave to the company. He already had this week planned already. They would go to Hong Kong today at 8:00 AM, the reason why he woke Jimin up at 6:00 AM. He already packed their things last night Jimin was sleeping. However, things got hot in the shower a while ago, and now they're running towards the airport at 7:45 AM. How punctual are we? Approximately, 15-20 minute travel to the airport without the traffic jam.

 

"Jungkook, look what you've done! Control your hormones seriously!" Jimin shouted as they dashed towards the airport. Time check, 7:55 AM people.

 

Jungkook panted. "You liked it too, hyung! Don't act innocent!"

 

"Still! My back still hurts and now we're running. Great!"

 

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They sat on their chair as soon as they find their place on the plane. "That was exciting." Jungkook said

 

"T'was a pain in the ." Jimin argued.

 

"Well, it was, for you. Literally." Jungkook grinned as he said those words.

 

Jimin just scoffed and leaned on the headrest. "I'll sleep. Don't try to bother me."

 

"I'll bother you till lifetime."

 

"Brat"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They have arrived at their destination already and now they are lounging in their hotel room. Jimin immediately attacked the bed and sighed in comfort, which left Jungkook to arrange their luggage.

 

"Hyung."

 

Jimin hummed.

 

"Wake up at 11:00 AM. We're going somewhere."

 

Jimin mumbled his response. "Wake me up."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hyung, wake up. Wake up, hyung. It's 10:56 already hyung."

 

"There's still 4 minutes, brat. Give your boyfriend some sleep." Jimin groaned his response.

 

"Hyung, we both know 4 minutes meant an hour. Hyung, we don't wanna be late to wherever we are planning to go, aren't we?"

 

"It's just your plan."

 

"But you're in it."

 

Jimin nuzzled more into the covers.

 

"Hyung~"

 

Jimin sat up and pouted. "Fine, fine. I'm wakin' up, 'kay?"

 

"That's it!" Jungkook cheered. "Dress nicely hyung, but nothing too hot or too cute."

 

"Why~" Jimin whined.

 

"I might rip someone’s eyes off." Jungkook got closer to Jimin and put his lips near the older's ear, "You're charming. And I don't want other people to look at what's mine. You're mine, baby." He whispered.

 

Jimin's cheeks got red, "Sh - Shut up! I'll go ge - get dressed!" He stuttered as he walked towards the closet.

 

Jungkook chuckled at his cute hyung. You're so adorable.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They reached their destination after 30 minutes of travel. They are at a restaurant, somewhere Jimin didn't know since he slept the whole time.

 

They entered the restaurant and got greeted by a waiter. "Welcome, Sir."

 

"A reservation for Mr. Jeon Jimin." Jungkook informed the waiter. Jimin blushed as he heard his first name with the younger's last name. Jeon Jimin. Jeon Jimin. Jeon. Jimin. Jeon Jimin.

 

"This way Sir," and led the couple to their seat. As they sat, the waiter asked for their order. Jungkook ordered for Jimin since he already knew what the older likes. Plus, Jimin seems so distracted with the Jeon Jimin.

 

Jungkook smirked at his hyung. "Hyung, we're getting married."

 

Jimin startled. "W - wh - what... Th - that's..."

 

Jungkook raised his eyebrow. "What?"

 

He inhaled deeply, "How romantic of you to ask me like this, huh?"

 

"I'm not asking you actually. It's a statement."

 

"You don't even know that you have my approval. Ask me first."

 

"It doesn't matter," Jungkook came closer to his hyung's ear and whispered, "You'll say yes anyway." He retreated back to his seat.

 

It was Jimin's turn to raise his eyebrow. "How could you be so sure? I might say no."

 

"You love me."

 

"How'd you know?"

 

Jungkook smirked. "Well if your moans of 'I love you, Jungkook' everytime we make love were no indication of your overflowing love for me then I don't know what it is."

 

Jimin blushed and stuttered, "J - Jung - Jungkook-ah, stop it! We're in public! H - Have some shame!"

 

Jungkook grinned. "Then we're getting married then."

 

Jimin huffed. At the same time, their order finally arrived and they started devouring it.

 

"Hyung, after this we're going to the amusement park."

 

Then Jungkook saw Jimin's eyes lit up.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hyung! Hyung! Let's ride the roller coaster!"

 

"No way!"

 

"Please hyung!"

 

"Jungkook-ah!"

 

"Please hyung! Just this one! Just once!" Jungkook pouted his lips and gave his most adorable puppy eyes, "Please~" He pleaded cutely.

 

Jimin sighed.

 

I win.

 

"Fine."

 

Jungkook hopped, "Thank you hyung! I love you!" and kissed Jimin in the corner of his lips.

 

"Just once."

 

Jungkook nodded, "Just once."

 

Jimin lead the way towards the line when suddenly, Jungkook yelled, "Let's go to the haunted house too!"

 

"Jungkook, no!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hyung, are you okay?"

 

After riding the roller coaster, Jimin immediately ran to the comfort room and started vomiting sunflowers.

 

"Yes, I am okay." Jimin replied and wiped his mouth, only to have him throw up sunflowers again.

 

"Hyung, " the younger called while soothing the older's back, "You're not feeling well. We should go back."

 

"No. I'm okay."

 

"But hyung-"

 

"- I'm okay."

 

Jungkook sighed. "Fine. Tell me if you want to go back."

 

"I will."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The couple spent nearly a month in Hong Kong. They did all sorts of random and cheesy things couples like to do. They did picnic, night swimming, strolling in a park at night, star gazing, kissing under the rain…

 

Loving.

 

They were happy. But sometimes, sunflowers would bloom inside Jimin again and come out, fresh. It gets worse every single day. Sometimes, Jimin would even spend 30 minutes, coughing and vomiting sunflowers. Those times, Jungkook would be by his side, soothing his back. When Jimin would break down and cry, the younger would whisper sweet nothings until the older would fall asleep in the taller's arms.

 

Today, they are walking by the seashore, waiting for the sunset. They smell the salty air of the sea, feel the waves splash to their bare feet, walking hand in hand.

 

Jungkook tightened his grasp around Jimin's hand. He breathed deeply. "Hyung, I love you."

 

Jimin smiled. "I love you too, Jungkook, especially your bunny teeth."

 

Jungkook huffed. "Hyung, stop teasing me." He pouted.

 

Jimin chuckled and let go of Jungkook's hand. He then ran away.

 

"Hyung!" Jungkook called while chasing his hyung. "Let's play chase!" Jimin yelled and ran farther.

 

Jungkook laughed. "Oh yeah? I'll drown you when I catch you!"

 

Jimin stopped, "Try me!" then ran off again.

 

Jungkook accepted the chased Jimin. They ran and ran as if they went back to their childhood. The chase was full of laughter and teasing. Well, Jimin teases Jungkook for being too slow and being an old man. Little did he know, Jungkook gave his hyung a chance. He loved seeing the older happy, even if it means losing then.

 

After a lot of chasing, Jungkook finally decided to catch Jimin. When he did, he immediately carried the older in his arms, bride style, and walked towards the sea. Jimin struggled in his grasp, trying to escape. Jimin giggled.

 

"Jungkook! Let me go!" Jimin's laughs sounded like music in the younger's ears. "I'm sorry! You're not an old man!"

 

"Nope hyung, you're getting your punishment."

 

"Jungkook! We have no clothes to change into!"

 

"Who cares." Jungkook said then dropped Jimin deliberately. They are only in the shallow part of the sea anyway.

 

Jimin immediately rose from the water. "Jungkook! Now we're wet already!"

 

Jungkook chuckled and pulled his hyung closer by his waist. He rested his forehead against the older's.

 

"Jungkook-ah." Jimin called.

 

Jungkook hummed in response.

 

"What is this for?" Jimin asked as he leaned closer to the younger.

 

"What's what?"

 

"This," Jimin retreated and looked at the other in the eye, "This whole vacation."

 

Jungkook cupped his hyung's cheek. "I love you."

 

"That's it?"

 

Jungkook chuckled. "That's it."

 

 

 

 

 

They stayed still for a minute before Jungkook suddenly asked. "Why do you love me?"

 

Jimin snickered. "Why shouldn't I?"

 

Jungkook sighed. "I mean... I have hurt you for the past 3 years. I don't think you'll have a reason to love me. I'm rude to you, I'm immature, talentless, ugly, and I'm not even good at Math and English." Jimin laughed at the last statement.

 

"Jungkook-ah," Jimin called softly as he petted the other's hair, "You're handsome, and beautiful. You're talented, hell you could sing, dance, rap, draw, what can't you do? You may be rude, but that's part of what I love about you. You're immature, yes you are, but you are matured at times. You've grown up fast in 3 years. You're not good at Math and English, but who cares?" Jimin took a deep breath, "Jungkook-ah, yes you've hurt me countless time, and I don't why I can't stop loving you, why I won't, why I shouldn't. God, I don't know why. But loving does not require a definite reason of why you love someone, right?"

 

Jungkook couldn't stop his tears anymore and let it fall to his cheeks. He stuttered, "H- Hyung..." He then hugged his hyung tightly, "Hyung, I- I don't want you to die. I don't want to lose you."

 

Jimin sniffed and tried to stop his tears, only to fail miserably. "Jungkook, we can't do anything about it. All we can do is to accept it."

 

"It's hard."

 

"It is hard."

 

"Hyung, can I die with you?"

 

Jimin was petrified.

 

No. No. Never.

 

Yes, he did want to be with Jungkook. He wants to be with Jungkook. But seeing the younger’s smile, he could see hope in his eyes. He could see endless things the younger could do. He doesn’t want to be selfish. He doesn’t.

 

"No! I wouldn't want you to waste all your chance to live a happy life."

 

"I won't be happy without you."

 

"Jungkook," Jimin cupped the younger's cheeks, "I won't be happy if you die with me."

 

"What should I do then?!"

 

Jimin hugged the younger and whispered. "Live. Live for me. Achieve your dreams for me, your dreams for yourself. Get 'em"

 

The boys separated and looked at each other in the eye.

 

Jungkook's lips trembled as he spoke, "I will hyung."

 

That day, as the sun kissed the sea goodbye, so did the two.

 

The next day, Jungkook woke up to a bed of sunflowers and a pale Jimin beside the CR entrance. No matter how hard he tried to wake the older up, he won't. He cradled the older in his arms, clutching onto him, face streaked with tears, as he cried for his hyung to come back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jungkook sat down next to the gray stone, where his boyfriend is resting.

 

"Jimin-hyung, did you know? I got into an entertainment. I'm going to be a trainee," he said while arranging the things he brought, "I'll be training and I know it's going to be hard. But I know that you'll protect me right? I will become an idol. I’ll sing and dance to make other people happy.”

 

Jungkook halted his actions and slumped. He tried to stop the tears threatening to fall.

 

“Especially you.” Then a tear ran down his face.

 

"Hyung, I wish you were here to kiss me congrats. I wish I could see your proud face." He wiped his tears, "Hyung, I miss you so much. I love you."

 

"Jungkook-ah! Stop the drama! You look ugly crying!" He heard a high pitched voice.

 

He wiped his face and looked at the person. There he saw his other 5 hyungs, smiling and waving at him.

 

They ran to his side and squished him as they sat. Taehyung looked at Jimin’s picture and beamed a smile at it.

 

“Hey, Jiminie, did you know? Yesterday, I saw a really cute and fluffy puppy. It seems like he fell for me! I saw Namjoonie-hyung tryin’ to charm the dog but it seems like his love is rejected.”

 

He smiled.

 

Yes, maybe the death of Park Jimin will always be painful. It will always stay. But with the people around him, he knows, one day, he'll be able to accept it, move on. But no, he won't ever stop loving Jimin. He will never stop loving him. As long as sunflowers continue to bloom, he won't stop. He knows, one day they'll meet again. And when that day comes, he knows, the two of them will finally be able to be happy and to love endlessly.

 

I love you, Jimin hyung.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm sorry to disappoint you. Thank you for reading this.

 

Comments are much welcomed!