Part 1

Sunflower

LOL, I ain't creative.

 

Oh, and warning for language.

 

I hope this won't disappoint you. #IDon'tKnowWhatAmDoing

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He's been in a relationship with him for 2 years now. The first time Jimin saw Jungkook was 3 years ago. You could say he was attracted to Jungkook's innocence. He was enticed by the younger's charm. And he was lying if he said he doesn't feel his heart fluttering or feel his stomach turn everytime he sees Jungkook. He's so whipped for Jungkook.

 

Jimin decides to act up on his feelings and started to be affectionate with the younger every chance he gets, confessing to him in public. And everytime, every fkn time, the younger rejects him, shoving his hands away, sometimes even pushing the older away a little too hard, calling him short, and disrespecting him. Still, he found himself falling further into Jungkook.

 

He's heard of the Hanahaki Disease, but never actually believed that was even a thing. There are only a few confirmed cases known to the public, so they actually doubt it is possible. Well, now he does. Because one morning, he jolted up from his sleep, feeling like his insides would come out from his mouth. He quickly ran to the bathroom and opened the bowl cover. He vomited some water at first. Coughed, and went back to vomiting again. This time, it's petals. It's an ombre of red and orange, red being more dominant than the orange. 'It's beautiful.' Jimin thought. 'Is this sunflower?' He thought as he counted the petals.

 

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

 

5 petals.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next few hours, he went to a doctor and confirmed his theory. 'Yup. Hanahaki Diasease.'

 

The doctor said he needs to be loved back. Or he needs to move on and unlove Jungkook. He doesn't want that. He wants to be in love with Jungkook. He is far too drowned into his feelings.

 

'But you'll die.'

 

'At least I'll die loving Jungkook.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So this leads to their relationship.

 

'Jungkook. I like you so much. Please be my boyfriend.'

 

'Jiminie...'

 

'I know, I know,' Jimin said as he stepped forward to caress Jungkook's hair. 'Give me a chance please,' he said with tears dripping down his eyes.

 

Jungkook hates seeing hurt in his hyung's beautiful eyes, so he agrees to be his boyfriend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For 2 years, Jimin managed to keep his condition from Jungkook. How he did that? Smile and pretend things were alright. For 2 years, his condition got worse. From 5 petals, to 10, 30, 50, to a pool of petals he couldn't even count. People who knew would force him to move on, Namjoon, Yoongi, his dance instructor Hoseok, his bestfriend Taehyung, but he wouldn't. He couldn't. Because he loves the way Jungkook lies to him. He loves the way Jungkook whisper "I love you" s at night. He loves Jungkook. Oh, how much he loved Jungkook.

 

The petals improved to flowers. 1 flower. 2. And more flowers. He consulted the doctor. The doctor said his condition worsened. There was no way he'd have a chance to survive. Sooner or later, the flowers would suffocate his system. All they have to do is to wait for his death.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tonight, as usual, they cuddle in their bed after a heated long night. Jungkook is caressing his boyfriend's head, kissing the top of his hair.

 

"Hey, Jungkook-ah." Jimin called out to the younger.

 

"Hmm?" Jungkook hummed back.

 

Jimin shifted to face Jungkook. "What would you do if I died tomorrow?"

 

Jungkook stiffened at the question. "J- Jiminnie, it's n- not even funny. D- don't joke like that." Jungkook stuttered.

 

"What if?" Jimin demanded.

 

"I'd-” Jungkook breathed. "I'd fkn die. Too."

 

Jimin nodded and nuzzled in Jungkook's neck. The younger hummed a tune, a lullaby, that lulls Jimin to sleep.That night, when Jimin was in deep slumber, Jungkook staring at his hyung like a creep, the younger realized he'll truly never be able to live without feeling the warmth of his hyung's love.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jimin is crouching again in the bowl, vomiting ombre red and orange sunflowers. 

 

He heard a knock outside. "Hyung! Hyung! What's wrong? I can hear you from here. You've been inside for more 10 minutes already."

 

Jimin didn't respond to the younger and continued vomiting sunflowers.

 

Jungkook knocked the door harder and shouted once again. "Jimin-hyung, I'm worried! Open up! Jimin-hyung! Jimin-hyung!"

 

Jimin flushed the toilet and cleaned his mouth with water. He washed his face and wiped it. He opened the door, clutching his stomach.

 

"Oh my God, Jimin-hyung, are you okay? Do you feel sick? You've been vomiting a lot this week."

 

Jimin cried. "Jungkook-ah, I love you."

 

Jungkook, looking startled by the sudden confession, replied, "I love you too, Jimin-hyung."

 

Jimin cried more. "Really?"

 

"Jimin-hyung, are you doubting me?"

 

"Then why am I dying?"

 

"Wha - what do you mean?" Jungkook stuttered.

 

"I am dying, Jungkook-ah."

 

"Th- That's not a... go - good joke."

 

Jimin chocked on his response, "You think I'm joking? Then what do you think about those trips to the bathroom? Those sounds you hear at early morning and at late night? Drama? Tragedy? Acting?"

 

"N- no..."

 

"I'm not joking, Jungkook! I'm sick! I'm dying!" Jimin cried harder.

 

A tear escaped Jungkook's eyes. His body is shaking, and his heart is hammering in his chest. "Wh - what do - what do you mean?"

 

Jimin calmed himself and wiped his tears. "Jungkook-ah. Do you believe that Hanahaki Disease really can happen in real life?"

 

Jungkook looked shocked. "N - no. Why hyung?"

 

"Well, you should now. Because I suffer from it for nearly 3 years."

 

"Wha - "

 

"Jungkook. I have Hanahaki Disease. And it's getting worse every damn day."

 

"B - but..."

 

"But what?"

 

"I do love you." Jungkook sincerely confessed.

 

"THEN FKN TELL ME, WHY THE HELL AM I DYING?"

 

Jungkook fell silent.

 

"Jungkook-ah. I'm dying. I'm tired of this. And yet, I find myself falling further into you. Loving you is suicidal. Yet, I find the pain pleasuring."

 

Jungkook cried harder. "B - believe me, hyung. I do love you. God, how much I love you. Hyung, I love you. I'm head over heels for you. I love you. I love your hair, your smooth hair. I love the way you look at me with those pretty eyes, filled with such comfort and love. I love your lips, your plump lips, especially when I feel it touch mine. I love your body, the warmth I feel when you're close to me. I love your heart, so kind, so compassionate. I love your soul, so pure, so innocent. I love the other things that would take endless pages to write. Hyung, I love everything about you. I love you, maybe I realized a little too late. But I love you, hyung."

 

Jimin's lips trembled as he spoke. "J - Jungkook-ah..."

 

Jungkook stepped closer and cupped Jimin's right cheek. The younger pressed his lips unto his hyung's forehead, down to his eyes, kissing his tears away, to his nose, cheeks, and finally, placed a chaste kiss in the lips. The kiss felt overwhelming, emotions overflowing throughout their body: Happiness, pain, anger, tiredness, hope, and love.

 

They only separated when they both needed oxygen. They panted as they leaned on each other's forehead. Jungkook tried to catch his breath as he speak. "Hyung, we'll make through this together, aright? Don't leave me." He kissed his hyung's forehead once again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When both boys calmed down, Jimin explained his situation. From 3 years ago to the current.

"Hyung, why don't we visit the doctor tomorrow? Didn't you say that giving back the love will cure the patient? You might still have a chance."

 

Jimin shook his head. "I don't think so, Jungkook-ah..."

 

Jungkook reached out to hold the older's hand. "Hyung, don't lose hope. Please be strong, hyung."

 

"I'm tired of being strong."

 

"I'll give you my strength. Hyung, not now please. Please be strong now."

 

"... But Jungkook-ah?"

 

Jungkook cocked his head to the side and hummed.

 

"What if I really die?"

 

"Then I'll die with you."

 

Somehow, cruel yet true, Jimin felt happy hearing those words.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"So, Dr. Jin, didn't you say that loving back is the only way to cure Hanahaki disease?"

 

They are currently at the clinic like they talked about yesterday.

 

"Yes, I did."

 

Jungkook's face lit up. "So, it means Jiminie has a chance to be cured?"

 

"Yes, a patient can- "

 

"Then he will- "

 

"- But in Park-ssi's case, he will NOT survive."

 

"B - But why- Dr. Jin, what do you mean?" Jungkook heared Jimin sob and breathe deeply.

 

"His disease has worsen already. It's like cancer. Once it worsen, there will be a little to no chance of survival. It will only get worse day by day even after medication or therapies or whatever."

 

"But," Jungkook protested, "isn't there any way to let him live?"

 

Dr. Jin shook his head. "Unfortunately, since this disease is so rare. We are unable to find another cure to the disease."

 

"But- " Before Jungkook could protest again, Jimin tapped his shoulder.

 

"Jungkook, enough. You heard him." Jimin said with a tired voice.

 

"But hyung! I can't lose you! Not now! Not forever!" Jungkook begged. "Hyung, there might be some way!"

 

"Jungkook-ah. Let's accept it."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, uhh... Bye?