Christmas wish

Christmas Hope

Christmas Eve. Seven years since daddy and papa met. Seven years since daddy got a life off the streets. Seven years since Sunhi became a big sister and seven years since I was made. Right now, we’re all dressed up and on our way to grandma and grandpa. Or at least we will be as soon as daddy finds Sunhis toy.

«Chanyeol? Have you seen Sunhis rabbit? She left it somewhere!” Papa shouted from the living room. Daddy ran downstairs with me in his arms. When we came into the living room, Sunhi was crying as crazy and papa tried desperately to sooth her by holding her in his arms and rocking back and forth. Daddy put me down on the couch and ran upstairs. I crawled over to my crying sister and held her hand. She looked at me and I smiled as I made a funny face. She laughed and I did it again making her laugh more. Papa relaxed and smiled as he looked at us lovingly. Sunhi completely stopped crying and we ended up having a funny face contest. We laughed like crazy and papa even joined us.

“Found it!” Daddy shouted form upstairs and came running down with Sunhis pink rabbit teddy. Sunhi cheered happily, crabbed the little toy in her arms and hugged it tightly.

“Thank you, daddy.” She said and gave daddy a hug as he bent down to pick her up. Papa lifted me up and I happily wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Well, now that everyone is ready, shall we go?” Daddy asked and we small ones cheered as we ran out to put our clothes on. I looked behind me and saw daddy and papa talking. They had those stupid “I’m-in-love“ smiles on their faces again. Daddy was daddys cheek and brought him in to a kiss. One thing I liked about daddy and papa was that they were not one of those “We-have-to-be-all-over-each-other-every-second-of-the-day” couples. They were sweet and cute. I quickly turned around when they pulled away from each other. I ran out into the hallway where Sunhi was all dressed up. She helped me put on my coat, beanie, gloves and my big winter boots. She even put a scarf around my neck, just as every good older sister would do.

“You guys ready?” Papa asked as he came out into the hallway. He looked surprised to see us all dressed up and ready.

“Aww!! You guys are growing up so fast. It’s almost sad.” He said and I ran over to hug his foot. Sunhi rolled her eyes.

“We’re only ten and seven years old. We’re just always trying to impress you.” She said with a big smile. Papa kissed her forehead and her cheek.

“And impressed we always are.” He said. Daddy came in and wrapped his arms around papa.

“I still can’t believe she likes you more than me. I’m her real father.” He whined and papa kissed his cheek.

“She loves you, I’m just more of a mother than you are, and therefore Chanhyun likes you better than he likes me.” He said and I nodded happily as daddy and I fist bumped. Papa chuckled.

“See what I mean?” He said and daddy stuck his tongue out at him. Daddy and papa were a special couple. Yes, they were both men, but they were childish and playful and therefore spent more time with us. They didn’t run off here and there and left us with some babysitters, they spent all the time they could get and more. Just to be with us.

“Hellooo?!” Sunhi whined as daddy and papa just stood there.

“Grandma and grandpa are waiting.” She said

“Waiting for us.” I said cutely and Sunhi grabbed my hand and went out to the car.

“They’ve really grown up, haven’t they?” Papa asked and daddy shook his head.

“No. They’re trying, but they’ll always be kids. Our kids.” He said as he wrapped a scarf around papas neck and brought him into a sweet kiss.

“We should go.” He said and daddy nodded as they left the house, locked the door and joined us in the car where we were currently listening to “Rocking around the Christmas tree” on the highest volume. Papa turned it down when they got in.

“Nooo!!” The small ones whined in the back seat. Daddy laughed and turned it back up, just not as high as it was. We cheered and bounced around as we sang out.

“Chanyeol!” Papa exclaimed and daddy grabbed his hand.

“It’s Christmas, honey. Let them enjoy the day.” He said and papa sighed before smiling as he looked back at us.

“Never thought they would be so wild.” He said and daddy leaned in to kiss his cheek.

“That’s cause you’re wild, baby.” He whispered and papa chuckled as he pushed daddy away.

“Daddy? Are you guys fighting?” Sunhi asked and daddy smiled as he reached his right arm back and held hers in his big one.

“No, sweetie. You’re papa is just so embarrassed.” He said and papa rolled his eyes.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because your daddy loves to remind me of things that should not be mentioned in front of others.” Papa said and pinched daddys leg, making him yelp before he chuckled. I looked at Sunhi and we both looked confused.

“What do they mean?” I asked and she shrugged.

“Marriage stuff, I think.” she said and then we went back to enjoying the music.

 

 

When we reached grandma and grandpas house (the new one since they decided to make the old one a bigger bakery), the house was glowing in all the Christmas decorations. I sometimes wonder if the lights are multiplying on their own. More and more light every year. Daddy lifted me up so I could ring the doorbell. Grandma came out and she had a big smile on her face.

“Oh! It’s my lovely little angels.” She said and gave me and Sunhi a big hug.

“I missed you guys so much!” She said and kissed us all over our little chilly faces.

“We missed you too grandma.” Sunhi said as we entered the house.

“Missed you!” I said and gave her a kiss on her cheek. She led us inside.

“It’s great to see you again, mom.” Papa said as he undressed.

“Although we saw you yesterday when you visited us.” Daddy said sarcastically and gave grandma a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“Oh, who cares? It’s Christmas.” She said and walked in to the big living room.

“Dad!” Papa exclaimed happily and gave grandpa a big hug.

“GRANDPA!!!” Sunhi and I shouted as we jumped onto grandpas feet and made him fall to the ground. He laughed as we crawled up his body and tickled him. Daddy wrapped his arms around papas shoulders and smiled at us.

“Oh, give poor grandpa a chance.” Papa said and walked over.

“Tickle his neck instead.” He said and joined in. Grandpa laughed even harder as he tried to squirm his way out of our death grips.

“Okay, that’s enough. I’ve spent a long time on the turkey and now it’s getting cold.” Grandma said as she sat herself by the table. Daddy tore me away from grandpa and placed me in one of the children chairs grandma had bought for us. Grandpa brought Sunhi over and placed in the other one.

“Dig in everyone. I’ve made lots!” Grandma said as she passed the potatoes around then the turkey then the vegetables and lastly the sauce. Daddy helped me with cutting the turkey into smaller bits and then he helped feed me, although I fed myself mostly. I’m a big boy now, although daddy doesn’t agree with me. Might be all the mess I make when I’m playing with my little toy cars. I run around the house all the time and sometimes crash into or break some stuff. Papa and daddy gets maaaaad, but Sunhi mostly helps me clean up before they see it, hehe.

“Mom, this is delicious!” Papa exclaimed and grandma smiled. Daddy hummed with his mouth full.

“Thisch isch veary good!” He said through his mouthful. Papa elbowed him hard in the arm and daddy groaned.

“Chanyeol! Manners!” He scolded. Daddy rolled his eyes. I stuffed my mouth full and smiled.

“Baba! Looch ath mbee!” I exclaimed happily. Daddy laughed and we fist bumped. Papa groaned and hid his face in his palms. Grandma and grandpa laughed at us.

“I am so sorry, mom.” Papa said and grandma shook her head and smiled widely.

“Don’t be sorry. Just be happy your kid loves to play. At least his eating his food.” She said and papa looked at me. I smiled as I stuffed even more food in my face.

“I’m not doing that.” Sunhi said and ate properly. Papa smiled and leaned over to ruffle her hair.

“That’s my good girl.” He said and she smiled happily at him. Daddy and I kept stuffing food in our mouths.

 

After dinner, we gathered around the Christmas tree. We had a tradition. The grown-ups are on the couch and the small ones are picking out presents.

“To P-Papa f-f-fro-om D-Dad-dy.” I read with some difficulties and handed the soft present to papa. He kissed my nose and told me how good I am. He opened it and found a blanket inside.

“Oh my god! Chanyeol!” He exclaimed happily as he held up the blanket. It was a picture of us. Papa, daddy, Sunhi and me. A picture we took on daddys birthday. We were out in the snow. Sunhi and I was playing with one of my cars and daddy and papa were hugging as they looked at us. It was such a sweet picture. The snow was falling and we all had red noses and cheeks. Someone had used floodlights and they colored the shadows so it looked like some lights they had in north (Daddy told me once what they were called, but I forgot. Hey, I’m only a child!)

“Honey… It’s beautiful!” Papa exclaimed as he kissed daddy lovingly on the lips. Daddy kissed his nose as they pulled back.

“Chanyeol. That’s beautiful.” Grandma said as she looked at the blanket.

“Baekhyuns always said he wanted a big picture of us and there is no better way to enjoy it then when it’s soft and cozy as a blanket.” He said and papa kissed him again. This time a little longer. Daddy wrapped the blanket around papa and he snuggled into it as daddy wrapped his arm around him.

“Aww!!” Sunhi and I cooed at them. She turned towards the tree and found a smaller present.

“To Chanhyun from Sunhi.” She read and gave it to me. It was small and light, but I didn’t care as I ripped the wrapping paper off. Inside was a firetruck.

“OH! I don’t have this one yet!” I exclaimed happily and kissed both her cheeks.

“Thank you!” I said and she smiled. We continued with the gifts. Some for grandma and grandpa, some for papa and daddy and many for Sunhi and me. One gift was very special. It wasn’t opened by the tree. It was opened when grandma and grandpa had gone to bed and we had gotten home. It was for daddy. I wasn’t tired after all the candy grandma had given me and so I went downstairs to say I couldn’t sleep, but I didn’t expect to see papa and daddy stand out on the balcony with the blanket papa got wrapped around them. In daddys hand was a snow globe. Similar to the one he gave papa seven years ago, only this one had a picture of just the two of them. Papas arms were wrapped around daddys neck and daddys arms were wrapped around papas waist. They were looking at each other and they were both smiling as their noses barely touched each other. Even I as a child could see how much they loved each other. It was so strong, even in a picture. Daddy felt a tear run down his cheek.

“Don’t cry. You were supposed to be happy.” Papa said and wiped away the tear. Daddy chuckled.

“First you copy my idea and now my words too?” He joked and daddy shrugged with a playful smile.

“I’m your husband now. I’m allowed to.” He said. Daddy chuckled again as he placed the snow globe on the little table and cupped papas cheeks.

“Thank you.” He whispered and brought daddy in for a kiss. They kissed passionately and lovingly. Not fast and rough, but slow and sweet. A kiss that conveyed all their feelings to each other. I smiled as I held my favorite secure blanket in my arms and watched them as they smiled at each other.

“Daddy?” I whispered as I carefully walked out to them.

“Baby!” Papa exclaimed as he ran and wrapped me into the blanket together with him. Poor daddy pouted.

“What are you doing up. It’s two o’clock in the night.” He said and pinched my nose.

“Ow!” I said and rubbed it. Daddy leaned over and kissed it better making me smile.

“Grandma gave me too much sugar.” I said and papa chuckled.

“She always does. Now let’s get you to bed.” He said and they both carried me up. Sunhi and I shared a room. We had a bunk bed. I was on the top because I liked climbing up and down the stairs. Papa gave me over to daddy, but not before giving me a good night kiss. Daddy did the same and placed me in my bed. He pulled the duvet over my shoulders and made sure my little car lamp was on.

“Night sweetie.” Papa said before they closed the door. I don’t know what it is, but whenever they both come to say goodnight and tuck me into my duvet, I immediately get tired. I fell asleep the second they closed the door.

 

CHANBAEK P.O.V

 

“We’ve got the cutest kids, haven’t we?” Chanyeol said as they sat on the bed. They were both cleaned up and were sitting together tucked under a blanket and “The Santa Clause” playing on TV.

“Definitely.” Baekhyuns said as he played with Chanyeols fingers. He had his “I’m-thinking-of-something-but-don’t-want-to-say-it-out-loud” face.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked innocently. Chanyeol Baekhyuns bangs away from his eyes and rested his hand on his cheek.

“Don’t try me. I know when something is wrong.” He said and Baekhyun bit his lower lip nervously. He laid his forehead on Chanyeols shoulder and Chanyeol rubbed small circles on his back soothingly.

“I just feel like I don’t deserve either you, Sunhi or even Chanhyun who’s my own child.” He said and sniffed silently. Chanyeol scoffed.

“That’s ridiculous! I’m the one who doesn’t deserve you.” He said and intertwined his hand with Baekhyuns.

“Do you know what you’ve given me?” He asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

“You’ve given me a home, a family, a true love and a new life that I love.” Chanyeol said and kissed the top of Baekhyuns head. Baekhyun removed his head form Chanyeols shoulder and looked into his eyes.

“Seven years together, and you still make me fall in love with you all over again.” Baekhyun said and smiled. Chanyeol mirrored his expression and kissed his forehead, letting his lips linger there for a second.

“I’m the one who always falls in love again. I fall more and more in love with you every passing day. Whenever you’re with the kids and I see you playing with them or soothing them when they’re upset or just hugging them to sleep. Whatever it is, you’re always an angel in my eyes and I couldn’t be more happy that you’re my husband. My one and only.” He said and kissed Baekhyuns lips. Baekhyun felt the tears streaming down his blushing cheeks and so did Chanyeol. He pulled back and smiled as Baekhyun broke into heavy sobs. He pulled him into his chest and rocked him back and forth.

“I love you. I love you so much.” Baekhyun cried. Chanyeol cupped his cheeks and kissed him passionately. He laid him down on the bed and kept their lips connected. He found the remote and turned the TV off. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeols neck and brought his husband closer.

“I love you too.” Chanyeol mumbled against Baekhyuns lips and he swallowed them as he smiled happily.

“Daddy?” Sunhi came in through the door. They pulled away from each other and Chanyeol walked over to his little girl.

“What is it sweetie? Shouldn’t you be sleeping?” He asked as he lifted her up. She wrapped one arms round his neck and the other she used to hold her rabbit close to her chest.

“I can’t sleep. The sounds from outside is scaring me.” She said and Chanyeol noticed her swollen eyes.

“Have you been crying?” He asked and she nodded. He walked over to the bed and placed her on his lap. Baekhyun rubbed her little hand on Chanyeols neck.

 “We’ve told you to come to us with whatever it is. We don’t like it when you’re crying alone.” He said and kissed her cheek. She noticed Baekhyuns swollen eyes too.

“Did you cry too, papa?” She asked as she his cheek. He smiled.

“Yes, but that’s because your daddy is so romantic it’s almost breaking my heart.” He said and looked up at Chanyeol who smiled back.

“No! You can’t break papas heart, daddy! I won’t allow it!” She said and weakly hit Chanyeol on the head. He groaned and Baekhyun laughed.

“Don’t worry. Your daddy is the sweetest person ever.” Baekhyun said and kissed Chanyeols lips. Sunhi smiled happily, as she watched them.

“Papa?” They all turned towards the door and saw Chanhyun. He had his secure blanket in his arms and big tears streaming down his cheek. Sunhi climbed down the bed and went over to her little brother. She wiped away his tears with her nightdress and hugged him.

“Don’t cry, Chanhyunnie. Papa and daddy will be sad if you cry.” She said and kissed his head. Chanyeol and Baekhyun smiled happily, as they watched their children. Baekhyun walked over and lifted Chanhyun into his arms.

“Do you wanna sleep here? Together with us?” She asked and looked down at Sunhi. She ran and jumped onto the bed, crawled under the duvet and hugged her rabbit tightly. Chanyeol chuckled at his little girl’s cute behavior. He bent down and kissed her forehead. Baekhyun smiled before looking back at Chanhyun. He had already fallen asleep on his shoulder. He giggled and walked over to the bed. He gently placed him down under the duvet. Sunhi wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly. Chanyeol and Baekhyun watched them from each side of the bed and smiled fondly at their little children when they could hear their light snores.

“They sure love each other.” Baekhyun said as he Chanhyuns fluffy hair.

“I think they’ve learned it from us.” Chanyeol said. He leaned over and kissed Baekhyun on the lips.

“We should probably sleep now. It’s two in the morning.” He said as they pulled away. They got under the duvet, wrapped their arms around both their children and intertwined their hands on the middle. They smiled at each other before falling asleep. No one woke up until late the next day. when they woke up, they had to be quick since they were going to eat at the Byuns house. They were very late and grandma Byun, were not happy. Fortunately for Baekhyun and Chanyeol, she forgave them thanks to Chanhyun and Sunhis cuteness.