001

If You

You needed help, you just weren't sure if  it was from the drugs in the floorboards or that boy that could have changed your life.

--

You didn't know how you became a writer. You didn't know if it was your love for words or for the angst of life that's too much to bear.

But what you know is how he looked the first time he fell in love with you and how much you wanted to imprint in paper the feeling settled into your veins when he kissed you.

It takes a lot to fall in love and to stay in love but it all took one, "You're beautiful." from his lips when you were completely broken and one man for you to stay.

This is how you remember that day, where everything shifted, where everything started to seem different. It was a day full of sunshine with tears from the clouds. It was a day for the happy and the sad.

--

GD remembers you, not because you were the writer who interviewed him for one of the famous magazines before and this is the second time but this is how he remembers you, how ash brown your hair is and how much he wondered whether it was soft.

He remembers you by name but he doesn't act like he does because the last time he sought out for much attention from someone he thought was attractive, he ended up getting used.

So he pretends and he tries but he looks at you while you ask him questions but all he could do was stare at your lips and how much he wanted to taste it. He wonders if it taste like lyrics.

When you were finished asking him questions about fashion and such, you stood up and wanted to shake his hands but he didn't reaches out. He's afraid that once he touches those fingertips he might not able to forget how your hands feel.

So this is what GD does, he remains sitted, and he just smiles like how he captivates people's hearts, hoping it would captivate yours.

But it doesn't start like that so easy. He doesn't capture you with one good smile.

--

GD reads the article about him in the magazine. He has read a thousand tabloids about him but the way you write about him, makes a burn in his stomach. He doesn't know why your words set fire.

He asks his manager to find your number to say thank you. 

"Hi?" You ask, uncertain. "Who is this?"

GD answers, says its him, that he's thankful about the article, for your words, that nobody has written him like he was art. He asks you if you wanted to go with him for a drink.

You should have said no but this was GD, persuasive and adorable even through the phone. He was GD, Korea's icon, you should have said no.

Multiple drinks later in a bar with dimmed lights with only a number of people. You can't stop laughing and blushing because GD was impossible. He was good, perfect, and funny.

You drink and you feel the heat travel in your spine, not because the liquor was hard enough, but GD stares at you, long and hard.

"Could we see each other again?" GD asks with a smile but his eyes trained to your face.

This wasn't the question you've been expecting. This was the question that would put tragedy both in your worlds because GD isn't a normal boy, he's everything someone wants, and everything someone shouldn't be with if you want survive because he's surrounded with fame and spotlight. He couldn't just see anyone.

And you were you, detached from the world of fame because you lived with it once and it was hard. You were the girl with enough beauty to be stared at but never you wanted people to stay because there's pieces in you, lost in the dark, you can't give to love.

"We can't." You answer with a smile, head tilted, staring at his brown eyes back.

"Why not?" He asks back.

"Because its dark and the night is beautiful. We're both drunk."

"And?"

"And that's a start of a story for a tragedy." You answer, knowing all of this.

GD laughs with amusement playing in his eyes and says, "I like how you use words."

"I like how you sing and write lyrics. I like how drunk I am now to say that the universe sighs when you smile." And you drink again.

"You're cheesy and poetic." GD answers with a chuckle but your words makes a way to his skin, it tingles and lingers.

Never did GD wanted to kiss someone just to know how words taste in another's mouth.

He wanted all your beautiful words.

"I want to kiss you right now." GD says out of nowhere and he shouldn't be saying his thoughts out loud because it would be revealing an attraction.

His words shouldn't fluster you but it does.

"You can't. I'm broken." You answer, letting a truth come out of your body once.

--

The weeks continue and GD tries to see you and be with you but its not easy.

GD liked you too much for his own sake and he doesn't know why. You were tough to crack because you have so many walls built up and even though, its a lot of work, GD wants it. And that is how Kwon Jiyong became G-Dragon, working his off for something he really wants.

"You can't always see me. You know this wont go anywhere. And you're having a comeback, I won't be good for you."

The words come out of your mouth and somehow comes back into your chest and it pierces. This is why you shouldn't have said no the first time because you'll get attached and you're already at the edge of falling.

"But I want to. I'll make time." He answers while guiding you to your apartment's door.

"You can't always have time for me. You're GD and I understand." You answer while putting your keys in your door, your back facing him.

"You're beautiful." GD answers. "You've always been beautiful but you only see how broken you are. I'll make time for you because I can and I will because I want to."

His words stop you, makes your lungs stop functioning. How could he take your oxygen with his words? How?

He hugs you from behind, his arms encircling around your waist, his chin resting in your shoulder.

"I know it will be hard." He says. "I don't know if I'm worth it but let's try because I don't like having regrets."

Your heart explodes because how could he like you so much when you have nothing to offer but cold hands and nothing else? How could he see beyond your pieces?

"Let me try to love you." He says. 

He turns you around and he holds your face with both hands. He looks straight into your sad eyes and down your lips. "I've always wanted to do this.", he says and his lips touches yours.

This is what GD remembers, that it was better than he was expecting because your words tasted like good music and sunlight. You taste like home, wind chimes, and clouds.

This is what you remember when GD crashed his lips with yours like you were vulnerable because it was gentle and perfect, that GD tasted like the salvation from the dark you've been yearning for.

--

"How are you?" This is what the woman always asks. How am I? How have I been?

"I'm fine." You always answer and for some time along, those words were lies living in the caverns of your mouth.

But this time, you are really fine. Almost whole because of GD.

She smiles a little and proceeds with the routine.