Chapter 2 - Nine Letters to Father Christmas

Christmas Day

~*Suho’s Letter*~

 

Dear Father Christmas,

I am not entirely sure what I’m supposed to wish for this year. I know it’s been a long while since I actually wrote a letter to you but hopefully this will be the start of a brand new tradition for all of us and I just hope that I can come up with something good to wish for.

At least I think I’m supposed to write my wishes here, I’m not sure anymore.

For once it would be really nice if that big dork of a dragon with his too large hands was around just to help out because I’m sure that he’d know what to write for a wish. He always did know that sort of thing and I do still miss him terribly. I miss all of our brothers, truthfully who are no longer with us and in some way I wish that the sorrow would lift. That I would no longer lay awake at night terrified by the thought that something could come and steal one of my precious remaining babies away from me.

I don’t want to have to witness anymore death, I don’t want to feel the lingering cold in my body every time that I look upon those photographs.

I guess I wish that all of my members in EXO live long, happy lives and get a chance to do what they want and make the most of every opportunity that comes their way because life really is far too short.

Though if I can be just a little selfish, I would wish for an opportunity to properly say goodbye to Yifan, Luhan and Tao. Just to close everything off and make it so that I know I did nothing wrong by them. Silly really but sometimes I think that if I had been more vigilant and a more determined leader then these deaths would have never happened.

Can you really take away sadness Father Christmas? Because I would like very much indeed.

It’s a good thing that the others can’t read this otherwise they’d all be calling me a sentimental old fool or something along those lines. But I can’t help but love them and worry for them.

Please bring us a little happiness this year Father Christmas, because we need some.

Yours

Kim Joonmyeon

 

~*Chanyeol’s Letter*~

 

Dear Father Christmas,

Yeah, can totally tell that this is one of Yifan’s crazy things. Though I’m kinda surprised that Luhan joined in too. There again he could be utterly childish when he wanted to be and Tao was just Tao regardless.

I think what I’m going to ask for this Christmas is quite simple and really doesn’t have much in the way of explanation. At least not to you anyway.

Can you please bring some peace and love back into our group? Not that we’re at each other’s throats or anything like that but sometimes I can see the look of despair in everyone’s and I just don’t want that anymore.

So let’s make a deal old man, let’s make everyone happy again and give them all the feeling of being safe, secure and loved. That would make my Christmas more special than any present that you could bring me.

Though I wouldn’t mind a go on one of those hover boards so that I can pretend that I’m in a movie.

From

Park Chanyeol

~*Baekhyun’s Letter*~

 

Dear Santa,

I would like the following for Christmas, if you could be so polite to indulge me:

Get Joonmyeon a stylist to make him look young and y and not at all like a grumpy grandpa who has lost everything and also a puppy because he needs something to cheer him up every single day of the year

Get the big footed oaf Chanyeol a pair of slippers that fit his massive stinky feet so that when he’s up in the middle of the night moping or whatever then he’s not going to get cold feet anymore

For Kyungsoo can you get him a few more roles in movies because he really worked hard on those ones and looked mighty fine and I think it would be a very good career move indeed for when we all finally move on

For the big brat Kai can you get him a sweet Noona girlfriend who’ll spoil him a little bit more than is needed and make him all gooey eyed and more obnoxious than usual though not a celebrity if you can manage that

I want Xiumin to realise that he’s beautiful no matter how much he weighs or looks so some really supportive fans would do him all the wonders in the world and really give him a confidence boost

As for Chen, give him more of a chance to see his family and friends because he’s been missing them even though the fool tries to hide it so desperately and I think it would be good for him to see them

Give the sparkly headed Unicorn Lay a really great career in China but remind him that he has to share it with us and his little production company better have a few roles for us to make movies with him (though we’d have to totally improve on our Chinese to do that)

As for our maknae, please please please break him out of this sadness that he’s stuck in because whilst we all know him as the Ice Prince I want the funny big squirt back so I can annoy him, mush his hair and tell him off without fear of making him cry constantly all of the time.

As for me, if you can provide all of the above I will be really happy this Christmas.

Yours

Byun Baekhyun

P.S. If you really have to give me a present, then some more eyeliner would not go amiss. ^_~

 

~*Kyungsoo’s Letter*~

Dear Father Christmas,

I think this is the first time that I’ve ever really written to you so you’ll have to forgive me if I am being extremely formal in my writing.

However, I think for Christmas I just want everyone to be happy. Truly happy though, even if that is a very big thing to ask for.

Maybe we all need a proper break, some time to get back to ourselves and remember who we really are. That would be nice.

Though if you could get me a new battery for the wolf watch I would be extremely happy for that. Actually can you get a battery for every watch cause I’m pretty sure all of them have stopped.

Kindest regards

Do Kyungsoo

~*Kai’s Letter*~

 

Dear Father Christmas,

Can you please give a gift to each of my hyungs to make them feel just as truly special and wonderful as they all really are?

That would make me the happiest boy alive right now because these wonderful men don’t realise that it’s through their strength and ability to stand proud despite everything that has gone on the last year that I’ve been able to remain standing.

I want joy and happiness back in the dorms, I want everyone to be able to open up about their feelings. We all miss our three missing brothers but I think being able to talk about them more openly would help. Though I don’t know how that would quite be achieved but I’m sure you can think of something because you’re totally cool with that sort of stuff right?

Kindly

Kim Jongin

~*Xiumin’s Letter*~

 

Dear Father Christmas,

This year for Christmas, I would like my friends to receive the following gifts:

Suho = a sweet hamper to give him a sugar rush to make him act like a kid

Chanyeol = a movie role in that film he keeps on talking about

Baekhyun = enough makeup to keep a diva happy

Kyungsoo = a big book on cooking international foods

Kai = a new pair of running shoes (cause the last ones got destroyed in the washing machine)

Chen = a new practical joke book

Lay = some pretty colouring crayons and books

Sehun = a mountain of teddies to keep him company at night

As for myself, can I just have a new photo album for my most precious pictures?

Yours ever faithful Santa

Kim Minseok (aka Xiumin)

~*Chen’s Letter*~

 

Yo Santa,

For Christmas can we get the entire dorm decked out in the most amazing way ever. With a huge old fashioned tree, the roaring fireplace, lots of presents under the tree, chestnuts and everything else that you usually see on the cards and can we have everyone all together again? Make it a great big family gathering with a huge table filled with food and enough drink to make us all very merry indeed.

Life is supposed to be fun and I’d like to think that all of that would be very fun.

Drop me a line if you can, I’m sure you’re the cool dude who has all of the numbers.

Cheers

Chen (Kim Jongdae)

~*Lay’s Letter*~

 

Dear Father Christmas,

Once again I write to you to keep a memory and tradition alive in the hopes that it makes life just a little easier for those around me.

Can you bless each and every last one of them with kindness, love and hope for the future?

It doesn’t have to be anything big but just a reminder that there is a life for us to lead and that the pain will fade one day. It’ll never fully be repaired; I know that but it would be very nice to think that everyone could move on together.

As the sayings goes, all for one and one for all.

If you could make that happen, Father Christmas, I am sure that we’ll never break again and everything will just be as it is meant to be.

Yours Faithfully

Zhang Yixing

~*Sehun’s Letter*~

 

Dear Santa,

Can you give me back my Gege and two best friends please?

Yours

Oh Sehun 

 

authors babbling:

Aww Sehun's letter totally broke my heart when I wrote it. But hopefully the fluff will be apeased a little by the letters or it'll just make it worse I'm not sure. I tried to write each letter in the style I'd imagine that each of the boys would write it but I dunno if it came off that good. 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed and anyone got a guess as to what's awaiting them on Christmas Day (if the foreward didn't give that away of course) 

Catch you soon peeps

Chia