Chapter 1 - We Should

Christmas Day

Based off:

Death Au – EXO fanfiction

 

Characters

OT9 of EXO for this section, there will be an update onto this later on in the cycle of writing.

 

Story

 

It was Lay who suggested that they write letters to Father Christmas, which at first raised a couple of eyebrows in the man’s direction for the simple reason that everyone was questioning just which planet their resident fluffy unicorn had gone to this time before they realised that for once, Lay was actually being totally serious.

 

Kai frowned, “What?”

 

“We should write letters to Father Christmas,” Lay stated again, wondering what was so strange about the notion of doing a thing before remembering the fact that Kai rarely spent much time around Yifan when it came to Christmas, “It was something that Yifan got us all doing at the M-Dorm and it was quite fun.”

 

Chen frowned a little, “Were those the letters that he claimed he never actually wrote the reply to even though we all recognised his handwriting?”

 

“No, that was the Easter Bunny ones because he couldn’t convince me to come up with anything,” Lay said, grinning just a little at his departed leaders antics because whilst they had been out of this world crazy at times it was nice to look back at them and remember, “These the were ones that he would always get the extra special stationary for.”

 

Suho blinked, “Ah, that explains why you’ve been searching high and low on ebay for the past month then.”

 

Chanyeol gave the K-Leader a look, “It took you a month to realise that Lay was doing something strange?”

 

“No, I tend to avoid Lay whenever he’s one the internet,” Suho replied, a blush creeping across his features, “it makes like so much easier.” No one was going to even mention the 4chan incident but they all thought about it for a second before shuddering.

 

A collective groan sounded and everyone went back to what they had been doing previously for a few minutes before a soft questioning voice broke into the silence, “What do these letters contain?”

 

Everyone turned to look at Sehun, who was sitting in an odd sort of curled up position on the sofa where he had presumably been fiddling with his phone, one of Tao’s old jumpers wrapped around his frame. They all knew that out of all of them Sehun had been the one to take the passing of Yifan, Luhan and Tao the hardest, the boy had lost his two best friends and big brother in such a short span of time that he could barely focus on anything else but the grief for a long while and they had all been worried that he would end up needing some form of councilling for depression.

 

Whilst the youngster was indeed seeing a councillor now, he wasn’t registered as clinically depressed, the doctors were saying that it was just a very long drawn out grieving cycle which in one way was a relief to the elders of the group but it was also worrying. Sehun just seemed to be unable to let go of the things that had happened and it was a dangerous situation for them all. No one wanted another death, so if they could do anything to help each other out then they would.

 

Baekhyun pulled the youngster into a hug, gently his hair as Lay smiled gently, “Basically it’s a letter to Father Christmas of the things you would like. Usually little kids do it but I suppose as adults we could write ones too.”

 

Minseok grinned softly back, “Heh I remember the time when Tao had to be forced to rewrite his because the list was so stupidly long.”

 

There came a chuckle from Kyungsoo, “I dread to think what that consisted of.”

 

Lay smiled, “You really don’t want to know, I think Yifan only convinced him to rewrite it because he promised to buy him something off it.”

 

“Did Luhan write them too?” Kai asked, hoping that he wasn’t upsetting Sehun too much but just finding himself to enthralled with the idea not to ask.

 

This time it was Chen who replied, “Yeah, Yifan got all of us to write them and send them off. Said that we should take photographs and everything for the fans because it would be cute and silly.”

 

The resident diva pouted, “Man, whatever happened to them then? I don’t ever remember seeing that at all.”

 

“Honestly we just got too busy,” Minseok said with a soft sigh, “We did write the letters and send them off as well as get replies too but we just…completely forgot to share it.”

 

“And the next year we did the same thing and forgot to share it again,” Lay said with a smile that dropped off, “Though the year after…we just kept it for ourselves.”

 

Chanyeol clicked his teeth out of nervous habit, “So you just write a letter, post it and you get a reply?”

 

Xiumin nodded, “Yeah, it’s quite cute in a way and it sort of makes things…magical?” 

 

Gently his lips, Sehun looked up, “Do you know who replies?”

 

“Father Christmas,” Lay responded immediately, smiling softly for the youngster, “No one knows who he is or where he works from to reply to all of the letters but he manages it.”

 

Slowly the large brown eyes that belonged to the typically emotionless Sehun rose to initially seek out Suho as he frequently did whenever he was worried about not being allowed to do something before finding the elders dark eyes an seeming to melt instantly into a kicked puppy.

 

Suho sighed gently and leaned across to ruffle the boys hair, “You needn’t have asked. Lay you’ve got the stationary right?”

 

Nodding brightly, Lay was quickly up and onto his feet and heading straight back to his dorm room in order to get the colourful pieces of paper and some brightly coloured pens that he had managed to obtain as well. He really couldn’t believe that he had managed to convince the others so easily but there again, everyone knew that Sehun needed a little bit of magic and silliness in his life and this seemed to be the perfect way to bring that in without being too far out there with all appearances.

Before he rushed back out of the door though, the unicorn of the group paused to smile at the photograph on his bedside table, “Told you I’d get them to do it, didn’t I?”

 

The three smiling faces did not reply but Lay pretended in his head that they did and hurried out once again so that everyone could write their own letters to Father Christmas.

 

authors babbling: 

yeah so this is just a little side fic to the main works and it sort of makes me feel like I'm keeping on top of my fanfictions whilst I'm doing my Christmas Challenge. 

So please leave comments and subscribe cause this fic will get updated ^^ and should hopefully cheer us all up a little too