End.

Guardian angel.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Books, movies and TV series usually described zombies as rotting corpses that walked in groups, seeking for fresh flesh they could get to satisfy the insatiable hunger they had.

Seung Hyun couldn't disagree more with that definition, he was the real description for the word.

He could see himself standing next to his younger brother, staring without blinking at the lifeless face of her mother that was lying on that coffin. He was barely able to hear the ones that patted his back and whispered a sincere "I'm sorry for both of you, you can count with us" and he couldn't even believe he was able to answer with a monotone "thank you", without even looking at them.

Everything was like a nightmare, he didn't want to believe she was gone, didn't want to believe that now that he was going to start something new, she was pulled away from his life.

"Ri!" A red haired boy ran to the younger brother, wrapping his arms around his trembling body "I'm sorry we're late."

"Thank you for coming..." The blond teenager sobbed, pressing his head on his chest.

"Seung Hyun, we're here." Another, with brown and slightly longer hair, walked to Seung Hyun, who didn't even move to see him "Let's sit down for a moment."

Continuing with being the definition, he left himself being dragged to one of the first benches that were on the small chapel while the red haired helped the younger to the same bench.

"She can't be dead..." He muttered, making the other two to look at him and the younger to start crying even more.

How could she? She was perfectly fine two months ago, he could clearly remember how she was full of life, helping SeungRi on his homework and guiding Seung Hyun to choose what was going to be his career. How a virus could kill that fast?

"Today, we say good bye to an exemplary woman that fought all his life to give his two children the best she could, that was a beloved mother, friend and daughter."

He was looking at the priest talking but he couldn't understand him completely, he only had pain inside of him.

"Our prayers are towards the two Choi brothers."

One by one, each person inside the chapel walked towards the coffin, staying a couple of seconds in there before walking back to their places. SeungRi and Seung Hyun kept staring at nothing in particular.

When everybody finished, the two brothers were left alone a couple of seconds.

"H-Hyung... I want to wake up." SeungRi muttered, hugging his brother by his waist "I want her to be with us."

"I know..." He hated himself for not being able to say anything else, he knew he had to comfort his brother, he only had sixteen years old, he needed him now! But his mouth refused to open, he just keep staring at his mother, passing an arm around his shoulders to pull him closer.

They finally moved, allowing the man in charge of burying her to start his work. They followed silently, arriving the place where the rest of the people were, waiting for them.

Seung Hyun saw how Ji Yong, SeungRi's boyfriend, held his hand and started to console him, something he was unable to do, while his other friend, Young Bae, kept looking between him and his brother.

The gravedigger started to fill the hole with dirt, each pile that was thrown inside it was something Seung Hyun fell on his shoulders, each dream, each plan, was thrown inside that hole with her.

After everything finished, the small crowd started to go, leaving their condolences to the two boys, that seemed they didn't have any more tears, alone with Ji Yong and YoungBae.

"It's getting late, let us take both of you home." YoungBae squeezed Seung Hyun's shoulder.

"I'll stay a little longer..." He muttered, not looking at his friend.

"B-But hyung... I need you." SeungRi sobbed, clinging to his hand "I don't want to be alone at home."

"Let me stay here, for now." His stern voice made him whimper.

"Let's go, Ri, hyung needs a little bit of time alone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter