two

Coffee, I'm In Love!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson who was currently lifting up two dumbbells turning his head to the arrival of Junior. He came home late tonight, like not any other day. The clock dings loudly as it signed it was midnight already. Did he just come home at this late?

"Where have you been, Jirongie?" Jackson asked him as he put down his dumbbells softly on the floor.

"Cafè nearby. The one we went to yesterday." He answered as he changed into his pajamas, tossing his dirty clothes to the laundry basket. Throwing his body onto the bed then immediately drifting to his sleep time followed with other boys in that dorm room talking about Junior's new behavior.

"That cafe opened till this late? That's new." Jackson said as he sat down on the edge of his bed.

"Well, that's new indeed. This Christmas season they will open till 10:30pm." Mark simply answered. "But that's nice, that means we can see that cute girl more often." He chuckles afterwards at his own saying.

***


Days passed, they came to the same cafe that they went days ago and yesterday, buying the same coffee. Jackson chose to sit on the table on the corner, waiting for the other two boys ordering their coffee and foods. Today they will stay longer in the cafe because they wanted to study there.

As they were lining up with any other customers, their eyes were looking right for the reason why they chose to be there from the very first time. Junior eyes caught Mina, meanwhile Mark had Aerin on his eyes.

Sweet scent of raspberry cheesecake filled the room, spoiled every nostrils of the customers and hyped the good mood. The air in the room felt like it was so soft, just like filled with comfy white cloud in the spring season. Everyone in the room swallowed down their saliva. Himchan's cheesecakes are always magical.

The queue shortened, and now it's Junior. "One ice chocolate frappé with whip cream for Jackson, one hot matcha latté medium sized for me." He formed a curve thin line.

Aerin felt as if the blood which flowed within the veins getting hotter. "A-anything else, Junior-ssi?" She glanced for some seconds at the cute boy in front of her, contouring his perfect face ratio, and his perfect lips, that kissable ducky lips. Because she was too shy to even look right into his eyes when they were talking.

Junior was still busy looking at the various yummy cheesecakes on the display. "I want that one," he pointed a cheesecake with a sprinkle of tiramisu powder and coffee cream.

"Ah ara, so the total is 8500 won." The cashier girl bit her inner lower lips before emitting such a shy smile that was very rarely seen on her face.

Junior grinned as he handed his card. "Nope."

Aerin smiled warmly as she processed the card and handed back the card to the owner. "Have a sweet day," she mumbled, "Junior-ssi."

"Stop calling me with -ssi, we're in the same age, Aerin-ah." Junior smiled as he moved from the cashier counter to the coffee counter. He left Aerin with a sprinkle of soft red blush on her chubby cheeks.

Mark coughed, brought Aerin back to her sense. "Aerin-ssi, an ice caramel mocchacino please." He said with a little of jealous tone in each of his words.

Aerin startled. "I-i ah, yes," she nervously tap on the cashier machine. "One ice caramel mocchacino. E-ehm, for?"

Mark flicked his tongue. Really? 'She didn't remember my name?' He thought.

"Mark. Mark Tuan. That's what you should remember, Lee Aerin."

Aerin gulped. "M-mianhamnida! I w-will remember you." She bowed her head slightly as she shut her eyes tightly, feeling guilty.

***

Like in any other day, they both purposely went to the same cafe just to spend their day or night. Drinking the same coffee again and again, whether it's cold or hot, they will still make an order.

But today, none of them could actually spend their day in the cafe. All of them were too busy with their activities, preparing to the day of entry-exam to their university. Mark was the only one who can manage to come home earlier than any other else, although he needed to bring his assignment with him. Jackson and Junior needed to stay longer in their classes to have their tutor help them in a certain subject that they can't work on.

Thinking about going home, Mark planned to pay Bacon and Frie(nd)s a visit before he went home. He pressed the door opened, the bell chimed once the door is opened. The scent of fresh baked cake and hot coffee brewed in the shop greeted his nostrils.  He stood up in front on the cashier table perfected with his toothy smile, in his mind he hoped that he will meet the same girl that he met yesterday.

"Good evening. Is there anything you want to order?" The cashier girl spoke up with her short hair that's just fall right around her chin bounces. It was not the cashier girl that Mark had in his mind.

"Oh- yes. I want to order..."

"Oh- Mark-ssi!" Someone mentioned his name as if they knew each other for some long time. "Let me handle him, he is a regular buyer here,hayoung." Mina said with her smile on.

"Sorry, she is new here." Mina patted the younger girl on her arm. "Still awkward in greeting the customer." She chuckled teasingly at Hayoung before paying her attention back to Mark, "So you want to order the same coffee like yesterday right? With a whip cream on top?" Mina glanced up at him, her eyes sparkling in a way that Mark couldn't explain.

"Ah,yes. You remember me?" Mark said as he handed some amount of money to her, which she replied with a soft chuckle and a nod. "Of course. How can I not remember the man that buy coffee here every day?" She smiled and handed the payback.

As he moved himself aside from the empty cashier line up to the desk where people took their order, he was thinking. Inside of his mind, he wondered how Mina could remember him when he wasn't really speaking to her in that 'everyday' she mentioned. On the other hand, the cashier girl that he has been talking to when he came to this shop didn't really remember him, not even his face.

"Here you go." Mina said after covering the cup, this time she drew a heart at the end of his name. "Enjoy your drink and be careful not to burn your tongue like two days ago." She said with her eye smile appeared behind those rather long bangs. 

She even remembers on what day he spit his coffee due to the hot liquid that almost burn his tongue. It was embarrassing, indeed. It's not like Mark will expect that actually a girl that looks busy with all the coffee making stuff could actually remember him doing that. Somehow he felt special to be remembered like that.

As the line up in front of the cashier table was decreasing from one to none. The jazzy music changed into something that was slower and soothing. Mark at the same time felt a bit sleepy due to his eyes that have been staring his laptop screen for almost one hour since he sat down on his seat.

"Eerrghh, I hate chemistry." He groaned, loud enough for the staff workers to hear that. All thanks to him being the last person who still sat on the shop.

"Unnie, I think we need to start clean up things." Hayoung said to Mina who was watching the stressed man from afar.

"Oh- right. Tell Yugyeom we are closing down the cafè." She said to the younger girl before going out from the cashier table to the entrance door, putting the tag that written "CLOSED" on it.

"Oh- is the cafè closing down now? I should take my leave then." Mark said as he started to pack up his things, but in a flash, Mina held his hand, saying him not to. "No, No. That's fine. You can leave later when we all finish clean up other things. Chill." She smiled softly at him.

He blinked his eyes for quite sometime when she touched his hand. His eyes glued to her eyes as she spoke, it turns to a crescent moon shape when she smiled. And, she is a lot different when she was talking this close.

"O-oh. Okay,t-thanks." He answered, nervous he sounded

Uh-oh, he was in trouble. He was stuttering. Blame her for being too close with him, blame her for being too caring towards him, and blame the music that is too mellow for his heart that beats the other rhythm.

"You seems hate chemistry that much, huh?" Mina chuckled as she peeked at Mark's MacBook screen, almost like snuggled into Mark's side. Made his heart thumped faster twice than the jazz music rhythm.

Mark stuttered, again. "Ah, ehm, yes. I hate it so much." Mark swore that if Jackson and Junior were here they'd tease Mark to death.

"Just like Aerin," Mina chuckled softly, "I had to teach her for hours, but somehow she never made it so successfully and it bothers her. A lot."

Mark raised his eyebrows. "Ah really? Just like me! No matter how hard I try I just barely made it," he pouted.

"Then I can teach you some of it!" Mina replied instantly. Mark blinked rapidly, "Ah really? Wouldn't it burden you? You seem to work nonstop, you need some rest!"

Mina giggled as she took the mouse beside Mark's MacBook. "A little help won't burden me, Mark." Mina had his eyes back to the MacBook as she moved and typed something on his laptop, left Mark dumbfounded on his seat.

"Nah, that's how you have to solve it," Mina pointed the screen, she just wrote down some formulas. Mark squinted his eyes to his laptop. He tilted his head, "I don't get it how you solve them." He pouted.

Mina smiled, "now, pay attention to this problem case. First, you need to write down the keywords and clues from this case. The first keyword is blablabla"

Mark blinked his eyes again rapidly as he started to pay attention to his laptop and sometimes to the girl beside him. 'She's kinda an angel,' he smiled.

***

Aerin held her plastic bag, filled with 2 rolls of kimbap tightly as she walked through the empty boulevard from the kimbap shop. Her tummy groaned once again. She let her tummy empty from this afternoon, and resulted in empty and tingling effect in her tummy. "For the goodness' sake, I won't eat late again!" She muttered angrily to herself.

Strong late night cold wind blew her body once again, made her body shaking. It was already 10.20 pm. She blew out some warm breath to her cold hands to keep her warm. Little amount of steam emitted from , and some even was stuck on her glasses, closed half of her vision.

She wiped the stream off on her outer glasses lenses as she slowed down her pace. But suddenly, she felt an arm wrapped on her waist.

"Ommo!" She skipped her heart beat. She was just about to punch the mysterious guy who just held her, but his words cut her down.

"Keep walking, there're 2 drunken guys behind us. Don't shout anything stupid if you want both of us keep safe."

Aerin bit her lower lip and just followed the man's order and walked with him till they reached the junction and turned left, left the drunken men far behind.

The man lifted up his hoodie and the minimum amount of street lamps shined upon him. Aerin widened her eyes. "J-junior-ssi?"

Junior smiled at the clueless girl who was holding a plastic bag on her hand tightly, currently looking at him still with her widened eyes and surprised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter