one

Coffee, I'm In Love!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here an update!

Thanks for subscribing.

Make sure to leave some comment down there!

 

 

"One ice americano, for minwoo. One hot honey green tea latté for hana. Plus one raspberry cheesecake!" The girl behind the cashier machine half shouted happily. First order of the day.

Two other workers behind the coffee machine and cake display fridge smiled widely. "Arasseo!"

It was only the middle of November, but Fallen Angel's customers demands of beverages and cakes increased twice. Not like the other season, the winter one would be the most crowded season ever. Literally crowded, till there were no chairs available, including the outdoor chairs. Although it was too cold for even staying outside, but people will still sit down and chat with a friend and cup of coffee as their company. And  there would gonna be a 2 or 3 meters long of queue in front of the cashier desk.

Like this beautiful windy morning, people started to enter the café, little by little. Mostly of them were in a rush. A thin coat on the left hands and a train or bus card in their right hands. The typical of the office workers. They would order their favorite coffees and some of warm yummy sandwiches, in a rush too. Who want to be late for work anyway?

The smell of warm brewed americano filled the air, made all of the customers who entered their café would feel the warm and relaxing atmosphere. It would be absorbed right into your soul and spoiled it with the strong but relaxing scent of americano. Nobody in the town could deny the smell and taste of theirr americano coffee, theirs is the best!

Aerin fixed her glasses on her nose then gave her warm smile to the tall good looking man in his 20s in front of her. "May i help you?"

The tall man squinted his eyes a bit, scanned the menu list above the cashier desk. "Hm, what's the most favorite here?"

Aerin grinned. Promotion time! "Oh, our americano is the best!" She lifted her thumbs and smiled, "and for the food we have our smoke chicken sandwiches as our favorite here."

The tall man chuckled a bit at the cashier girl. 'She's kinda excited', he thought. "Ara, ara, a cup of hot americano, medium size, take away. And the sandwiches too."

Aerin nodded excitedly, the typed something on the cashier machine. "Anything else?" The tall man shook his head and smiled.

"Hm, what should i write on your cup?"

"Jisoo, Kim Jisoo."

Aerin nodded and smiled toward the young man. "It's 10000 won, Jisoo-ssi." The young man handed her his card.

"Mina, a medium sized americano, take away. For kim jisoo-ssi. Himchan, one best sandwich!" Aerin said as she ripped the bill paper and handed it back to the young man.

"Arasseo."

With her diligent hands, Mina poured the hot americano to the medium size cup, writing down the customer's name with a black permanent marker on the side of the cup and added a particular symbol on the end of their name. She doesn't know when she starts doing this, but it has become her style. Mina Style.

And this time, she wrote a heart on the end of the customer named Jisoo. She held the medium size cup of coffee on her right hand and stood up in front of the other side of the cashier desk, ready to call the owner of the coffee.

"Jisoo-ssi?" Mina called with a motherly smile plastered on her lips.

Different with Aerin, the cashier girl. Mina is more like a person who easily smiles to person, like really easily. Just like what she did now.

"Jisoo-ssi?" She called the name once again, tilting her head to the side as she saw a tall man coming to her. Looking from the attire that he wore, she thought that this tall man is a lazyass man. Compared to other man in the room he has this messiest look, but out of that he has this charm that made Mina's eyes were blinking hard when he stood in front of her.

"Did you just call my name?" He said with his rather manly morning voice.

"Mina, two hot chocolate!" Mina's eyes widened in anticipation once she heard her name was being called by Aerin. She smiled towards this charming man and handed him the coffee. "This is yours. Have a nice day." She said with her eyesmile followed on before moving to another orders.

At the same time he replied her with a soft laugh as he held the cup on his right hand, before leaving the cashier to his small table that's only for two persons. Enjoying his coffee with the rest of people in the shop.

Mina immediately took up her speed once Aerin kept repeating the orders. She needed to make all the orders quickly, as she knows that the owner of this café won't let her go home with a cold ear if she doesn't serve the customer right here.

Mina and Aerin were very good friends since their high-school time. They went to the same high-school five years ago, and since the first day of school they knew that they will be a good friends. They started to go everywhere together just both of them alone, watching some movies parade after a Math or Chemistry exams, sharing their meals, studying on the library at the break hours, and many things that other best friend does in the world. As they are now in the middle of their pre-exam period to get into their favourite university, both of them were accepted in the university that they wanted already, smartass girls. That’s why they agreed to apply to be the worker in this busy coffee shop that their senior maintains. Long story short, now they are working their hard to get some more money before going to their favourite university.

As they two are best friend, it doesn't mean that they two are all the same. They also have these significant differences.

Choi Mina, goes with Mina as her nickname, is more like a teenager who acts like a matured woman. An expert in coffee and love. Yes, that's why she works in the cafe as a barista.  She is a person that would be very fussy when things go wrong or someone's not doing well. She is a little bit too perfectionist for just an eighteen years old girl, people may say that but nothing could really change that, it's running on her blood. She is skilful in taking care of people and socializes with them, from the youngest to the oldest. She loves sciences, especially physics and chemistry.

Then, Lee Aerin. A petite girl that has this cute and sweet look at the first time you meet her. She is a true angel for Mina, she is more calm compared to Mina. She is accepted to be in the medical major in Seoul University with her 4.0 GDA. Compared to Mina that is too fussy about everything, she is a real teenager that enjoys every single of it with excitement, although it's raspy she still loves it.  She is an expert in controlling the money, and that's why  she applied as a cashier girl on the cafe. She does love coffee, but she is not an expert in making that. She is a shy girl that would seem quiet at the first time you met her, but once you know her, she would be the one who has topic from a to z.


As Aerin slowed down the request for the next order, Mina held two cups of hot chocolate and put them on the table. "Jackson-ssi and Mark-ssi?" She tilted her head to the right where the queue is.

"Me!" A blonde hair young man ran vigorously to the table while raising his hand. But, oops, right in front of the table, he stepped on his shoelaces, made him tumbled. Thanks to his sturdy arms that supported his body on time! If not, he would break his pointed nose perhaps.

Mina bit her lower lips hardly to prevent exiting a loud laugh. She knew exactly that it wouldn't be polite to laugh to her costumer. After maintaining herself, she inhaled to restrain herself back. "A-are you okay-" Mina stopped a bit as she read the nametag on the right side of his school coat, "Jackson-ssi?". From his logo, Mina could tell that he's from he neighbour school where she went to.

The boy in front of her stood up quickly as he tried to hide his reddened cheeks as he coughed. Then he put on his cool expression. "I'm alright." He said.

Mina startled a bit as she tried hard not to laugh. "Ah, okay, this is your order. Enjoy!" She put on her sweet eyesmile as she handed him a mini tray with two cups of hot chocolate on it. He mumbled 'thanks' shyly as he got back to his seats with another boy, who Mina guessed as "Mark" was waiting.

5 minutes later, another high school boy pushed the front glass door. Mina assumed that he's one of the neighbour school guys' friends, because he wore the same school jacket just like them.

"Jirongie!" The blonde guy  shouted while raising his left hand, which gained some of the other customers' attention. Typical school boys.

The boy flicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. "Can you just call me Junior or Jinyoung rather than Jirongie? That's kinda annoying!" He bumps himself beside the blonde hair guy after playfully neckchopped him.

"What?! We always call you like that!" The blonde guy confronted.

"Yah, you both are annoying, too." Mark hissed while sipping his hot chocolate. His eyes scanned the room's situation. The queue started to decrease as the some people now queue to take their orders. The sweet scent of caramel macchiato entered his nostrils. He tilted his head, looking for the scent coming from. Till his eyes met the girl behind the coffee machine with her ponytail swayed softly left to right and vice versa.

"So there's where the sweet scent coming from." He lifted his right side of the lips.

"Yah! Go get some! It's mine!" Jackson neckchopped the young boy beside him,once again. "Go order some!"

"Arasseo arasseo!" He rolled his eyes and lifted up his to get to the cashier table. "One ice caramel macchiato, medium size."


Mina who was busy making coffee behind the cashier counter could actually the sound of the noisy boys that just ordered two cup of hot chocolate. At the same time, Aerin was busy behind the cashier machine, taking some payback to this man with small lips. The moment Mina turned her head to Aerin, she caught her best friend was looking at him leaving to his table where two other boys were waiting for him. 

"Hey- who is that man's name?" Mina asked Aerin, making her come back to her sense as she was busy looking at the man who just ordered the ice caramel macchiato earlier. "Junior." Aerin answered shortly before turning her body, facing Mina this time as her back leaning against the cashier counter. "I thought he is new here." Aerin said.

Mina who was writing down the earlier man's name on the cup now looking at her bestfriend. "Is he? Well, he is not that familiar to me too. But their jacket is." Mina said shortly as she drew a snowflake at the end of his name. He caught a glimpse of curiosity on Aerin's eyes as it's tailing behind the man name Junior.

"Don't stare at him for that long,aerin." Mina chuckled softly before moving to the other side of the cashier table, calling out the owner of this ice caramel macchiato.

"Junior-ssi." She yelled out through the silence of the cafè, waiting for the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter