17 Can't Control These Feelings

My Only Boo Is You

♪ ♪ nae sarme yuilhan Romance neo useul ttae
saljjak ollagan ipsuri joha

salmyeosi nae pare angyeo
spga jami deundamyeon
modeun ge meomchun Paradise

saebyeongnyeoke kkeuteul mannamyeon
achimi dwaejulge
jeonyeongnoeuri jimyeon
neoui byeori doeeo julge
Now And Forever
If you Want dari dwaejwo

gangbyeonbungno wireul dallyeoseo
jigeum neoege gago isseo
uri saien yuteon eobtji
neol boreo ganeun gil maeilmaeiri saerowo

nega buranhal ttae
himkkeot anajulge
mamkkeot ureodo dwae gwaenchanha

niga buranhal ttae
himkkeot anajulge
mamkkeot ureodo dwae gwaenchanha 
♫♫

Hansol stared at the screen of his handphone. The glitch of the video call did not do justice on his best friend's voice, the voice he knows very well, the voice that's recorded on his mind and embedded on his heart. The voice he misses everyday they're apart.

It was an ugly goodbye as Hansol remembered, his mother broke the news at dinner during one of Seungkwan's sleepover night. His best friend took it as light as possible, even teasing him about being scared of the city, but as soon as they entered Hansol's room after, he abandoned their plans of a Harry Potter movie marathon and laid down on Hansol's bed facing the wall. The other boy followed, carefully wrapping his arms around Seungkwan's waist. He nuzzled the back of his head and rested his face atop his brown nest of locks, feeling every sob escaping from his chest. They stayed like that for a while, and Hansol realized that he too was crying. 

"Hansolie?" Seungkwan's voice interrupted his thoughts. "How was it? Do you think I'll win the contest this year?"

"Of course you will. You're the best"

...

"Ya! Seungkwanie! You're the worst!" Hansol screamed as Seungkwan chewed his last piece of kimbap. His whining was interrupted when someone smacked his head. 

"Yo! Stop bothering my soloist" Seungcheol said to Hansol. Ignoring the younger one's complains he turned to Seungkwan and said "and you, stop eating so much you know you're not allowed to eat before practice right? Be there in 15 minutes.", then he left.

Hansol was still rubbing the back of his head when he felt Seungkwan froze. He immediately reached for his hands and rubbed circles on his palm to calm him down. "Why are you nervous? You know you always slay the stage right?" for reasons unknown this gesture and these words did calm Seungkwan down. Today is the last day of their practice for tomorrow's Christmas performance and he felt like vomiting every piece of kimbap he stole from Hansol's lunch. The thing is, it wasn't really the performance he was worried about, it was the glances and whispers he's been getting ever since he started hanging out with Hansol again. A month has passed and the more they spent time together, the more haters Seungkwan gets.

"Who does he think he is? He's just an island boy trying to be cool. I mean I won't mind if Vernon would like a guy as long as it's someone hot, maybe like Seungcheol" he heard a girl whispered once. A whisper that was clearly meant to be heard. A lot has changed indeed during the times they were apart. Seungkwan knows well that physicallly, he wasn't that attractive, even though Hansol confessed to him that the reason he was cold the first time they met was because his appearance changed and he wasn't able to recognize him. 

"Your skin became fairer and your hair is longer and YOU ARE THINNER! How can you expect me to recognize you, you're beautiful now" Hansol said with a smile.

"So I WAS UGLY BEFORE?!" Seungkwan gasped, insulted "How dare you oh my gosh remember when you had braces and you have thick round glasses and you always have a slimy trail on your nose?! Do you want me to post this picture online?" Seungkwan said as he took his phone out. Hansol grabbed it immediately and they tumbled on the floor, a tangled mess of bodies laughing like crazy. Hansol didn't notice the disgusted looks of his female classmates but Seungkwan did.

He snatched his hand away from his best friend, knowing very well that a hole is already burning on his back from the glares of the girls behind them.

"I'm late for practice" he said as he stood up. He started walking and Hansol followed.

"Hey, I have a basketball practice and we might extend the time a bit can you wait for me?" Hansol said as they walked, but they were interrupted before Seungkwan gave his answer. 

"Seungkwanie!" said the guy in front of them who has a high pointed nose, tanned skin and a very, flashy smile. He hugged Seungkwan without permission and did not even bother to look at Hansol. "Seungcheol will be mad if you'll be late" he said not breaking the hug.

"Seokmin-ah" was the only thing Seungkwan was able to say before the other boy pulled him away. He glanced back at Hansol who stood frozen on his spot, and gave him a lazy wave.

Hansol's mood abruptly changed. He did not appreciate the fact that he was disregarded by some other guy who pulled his best friend away from him. He felt so insulted. "Who the hell he thinks he is? Seungkwan is mine , I mean, he's my best friend, ugh I hate this" Hansol muttered to himself as he change from his practice clothes. 

Hansol was distracted throughout their practice, he played aggressively, the image of Seokmin hugging Seungkwan kept on appearing whenever he tried to close his eyes to calm himself down. He checked his watch for the time. Practice ended 15 minutes ago and Seungkwan was still nowhere to be found. He scanned the benches for any sign of his best friend but he didn't see him, so he decided to go to the music hall to look for him. His chest clenched when he saw Seungkwan and Seokmin talking in front of the hall. 

"I'll think about it" he heard Seungkwan said before he noticed him approaching them.

"Think about what?" He said casually, but he was ignored once again by Seokmin who walked away.

"What the hell was that?" he asked his best friend, who only grimaced at him. Hansol knew something was up. "Are you okay?" he said as he caressed Seungkwan's cheek.

Seungkwan removed Hansol's hand. "I'm fine let's go"

The walk to Seungkwan's dorm room was silent. Hansol knew that something was wrong but he didn't ask Seungkwan because he knew he'll just snap at him. During times like this though, he knew what to do. Without saying anything, he wrapped his hand around the gloomy boy's hand and just kept it there, squeezing it every now and then trying to send as much warmth as possible. He was grateful that Seungkwan held onto his hand too as if entrusting his life to him. 

Seungkwan's mind wasn't as silent as his mouth. Earlier when practice ended Seokmin came up to him and confessed. The guy was a good guy, they became close since they were both lead vocals and they were always left together, practicing more than the others, as Seungcheol instructed. Seungkwan never failed to smile whenever he was with him, he knows how to lift up his spirits especially whenever he encountered Hansol's fan girls. 

"If you'll be with me, you won't have any reason to be with Hansol anymore. I can make you happy, I can protect you. He can't" Seokmin said, his usual smile plastered on his face but with a more serious tone.

"He's my best friend. I can't just stay away from him" Seungkwan pondered.

"I'll give you a reason to stay away from him" Seokmin replied.

"I'll think about it" the latter answered.

"Seungkwanie?" Hansol said for the 4th time pulling Seungkwan out of his thoughts. "We're here" he said when he realized that they were standing outside his building.

"I think you should rest now, you have a big day tomorrow!" Hansol said more cheerful than necessary. "Also I have a surprise for you after your performance but don't get too excited it's nothing much. Ahh just get in now and sleep okay?" He ruffled his best friend's hair and pushed him inside.

"Good night Seungkwanie ~ "  

"Good night Hansolie ... "

 

~~ A/N BOOOOOO ~~

Hello! It's me again. Please don't hate me yet haha this chapter is a bit angsty I know, but hey it's a roller coaster right? hahaha .. Thank you for all your kind comments and wow so many subscribers! 

This is the song Seungkwan was singing :) (and probably what he looked like skyping with Hansol)

This is young VerKwan hahaha

KAMSAAAANG ~ ♥