One.

Café Memoirs
café memoirs
"The rain... It's nice."
—— park yoochun

Pitter patter.

Large raindrops fell from the clouds in the sky, spilling randomly on the concrete outside, forming puddles large and small, and pelting on the clear windows of Cafe Memoir. A young man sat at a table by one of the large windows of the quaint coffee shop, his gaze shifting towards the cold and gloomy afternoon outside. He watched the raindrops on the window slowly descend on the hard transparent surface, imagining the drops racing each other towards the bottom to the pretend finish line.

The man's focus deviated to the view behind the raindrops on the window; to the nearly empty pavement and road littered with a few parked sedans and family cars. A lone business man hurried past as fast as he could while holding his briefcase over his head.

Sighing loudly, the man behind the window sitting inside the warm confines of the cafe averted his gaze to the short coffee table before him. He picked up his now lukewarm cup of coffee and sipped up a bit of the remaining contents.

"Hey there," a voice said next to him and he looked up. Another man stood there, clad in a professional grey suit and a bright red tie, smiling at him. His chocolate brown hair was gelled to stick up. He had eyes that looked like raindrops, but angled sideways, and a button nose. His jaw seemed like it was perfectly chiseled by the gods and his lips had that sort of perfect curve as he smiled that sweet smile.

The man sitting didn't reply back and simply stared. Why was this man talking to him? Was he a longtime old schoolmate that he now couldn't recognize?

"You look lonely. Mind if I sit here?" the man asked, gesturing to the seat in front of the other and smiling again.

Blinking to his senses, he stuttered, "O-Oh, no no! Please sit," and the man happily took the seat, placing his coffee cup on the table between them and leaning back on the cushioned chair.

"Is there something I can help you with?" to this, the man across from him chuckled and shook his head.

"Like I said, you looked lonely. Bothered, even. Thought I could give you some company," he explained then he leaned forward, his elbows supporting him upright as he placed them on his knees.

"Oh..."

The man in the business suit then looked out the window just like how his interlocutor was doing before he arrived. The other did the same.

"Anything interesting out there?"

"The rain... It's nice."

The man had to agree.

"Need to get something off your chest? You look very bothered," he offered, glancing at the other who didn't move but continued to stare out the window as if longingly.

For a while, he didn't get a response but he didn't mind that.

"Things aren't going the way I want them so..." he finally received a reply. He smiled reassuringly even though the other couldn't really see since he was looking elsewhere.

"They happen for a reason. I'm sure you'll find that path again and everything will be going the way you want them to."

"Hmm..."

After a brief silence, he then stuck his hand out, saying, "I'm Kim Junsu, by the way."

The man in front of Junsu finally looked at him again then eyed his outstretched hand that was waiting for a handshake. He blinked at it for a few seconds before slowly pulling out his own hand.

"Park Yoochun," Yoochun replied and grasped the other's hand with a small smile, shaking their clasped hands once before letting go. "Thanks for the company."

the author's words

Hello!

Here I am, writing and posting up something new, despite the fact that I have a few other fanfiction to finish up. I especially have to update that "Something About Him" fic... It has been nearly a month or two now since I last updated that, and I informed my readers that I would return 3 weeks ago but I shamelessly didn't *sigh*

Anyways, I hope you liked the first chapter! Please comment below and stuff! :)

Happy birthday, my dear Junsu! ♥ I hope you and your twin brother have a restful day today, and enjoy the cake!

< a tori creation >
posted: Dec. 15, 2015