Making Our Own Decision

The Sandarella Story {Epilogue Updated}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong sighed as he sat at the head of the table. His advisors were rambling nonstop. Most were appointed by his father, which meant that they were mindless fifty year olds who knew nothing of how it felt to be young. Having a group of advisors that don't really understand how the entertainment system works comes into conflict much more often than you'd think.

 

Being an international pop star also came into conflict with his schooling. Jiyong had to beg his father for the chance of going to school the last half of senior year. Jiyong's father thought that he didn't need a full high school education if he wanted to make it big. What his father choose to ignore was that he was already big. He'd been on two world tours and released two platinum albums since the night he became a breakout star almost three years ago.

 

Jiyong thought that he should at least have the high school experience. He didn't want to end up as one of those washed out stars in their fifties who still attempt to make music because they have nothing else going for them. Jiyong never wanted to be famous, but with a good voice, good looks, and music producers as parents, he was bound to become something someday.

 

It was also the afternoon of his second to last day of his first week of high school. And, if he did say so himself, it went pretty smoothly. Jiyong never had the problem of becoming popular when he first went to the high school and he didn't have a problem with it now. He found that now that he was a famous pop star, people crowded him even more.

 

But Jiyong realize something since he's come back to school. His friends that he used to have are fake. They crowd around him at every possible moment, hoping that his being a celebrity will rub off on them. He'd been own party to multitudes of parties since he'd been here, but he's declined all the invitations. The last thing he needed was an underage drinking and girl scandal.

 

Even his own party planned for Saturday was starting to feel forced. It was his father's idea to have the competition. The last thing that Jiyong actually wanted was to have a 'win a date with G-Dragon' competition, but his father insisted that it was necessity. The more publicity he got while off tour and in between albums, the better.

 

The only problem with that philosophy was that Kwon Jiyong didn't care whether he was a famous star or not. He just wanted to have a normal life for once. Jiyong liked that at least he'd get to pick out the girl from the party himself. It would be a freedom that he never normally got. He bet he could count the number of decision his father let him make himself on one hand.

 

"Jiyong! Pay attention to your advisors." Kwon Hyun Suk, his father, snapped at him.

 

He mumbled an unapologetic apology and tried to actually listen to the fools.

 

"So." Started a particulary older one in the corner. "As I was saying before, I feel like the girl he chooses at his party thing on Saturday should be-'"

 

"Jamkkanmanyo. I thought that I was picking out the girl myself." Jiyong interrupted.

 

The advisors looked a little choosy. "In the theory, yes, but we feel that it would be better for us to choose the girl ahead of time. And since it's a masquerade dance, you wouldn't be able to see any faces to start of with." He smiled.

 

"Why should 'how they look' be important?" Jiyong asked angrily.

 

"Well, we, of course, have to make sure that the girl is pretty. The press will go wild if she's pretty." This time it was Jiyong's father who spoke.

 

"Why should it matter that much if she's pretty or not? Isn't this contest about picking out a fan to hang out with for a day? It should be about them, not the publicity that this could bring me." Jiyong yelled.

 

"Us." His father corrected. "The publicity that this could bring us." He added firmly.

 

Jiyong sighed in frustration. All his life choices were made for him. You work hard, they'd tell him. Let us make the decision for you, the'd say.

 

He hated it.

 

For once in his life he wanted to do something, anything, that wasn't orchestrated by his trusty advisors or his father. It also didn't help that his father cared more about how famous he was than Jiyong actually did. It was like he was living his father's dream, not his own.

 

"Arasso." He sighed in defeat. "Then who do you all have in mind?" Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Kiko Mizuhara." They said unisonly.

 

Jiyong would've spit out water if he'd been drinking any.

 

"Kiko Mizuhara? As in my ex-girlfriend Kiko Mizuhara?! You can't be serious, Sesange!" Jiyong raked his hair.

 

Hyun Suk looked at his son, shocked. "She's a nice girl. And, if I remember correctly, you two dated for quite a while back before you became famous." He excl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter