Chapter 001 : EPISODE 1 OF MAKING MYSTIQUE (PART 1)

※ мʏʂтιɋυе ║ Cube Entertainment's Upcoming Girl Group ║ SURVIVAL SHOW AIRING!

 

chapter 001.   Episode 1 of Making Mystique (Part 1)

 

 

 

It was just like any other day. But, this day wasn’t just any ordinary day for the fourteen girls who were about to hear of the opportunity which could possibly change their lives forever.

 

▪▪▪

 

Set on tripods and various filming equipment, there were many cameras set at the front of one of Cube Entertainment’s main dancing studios, ready to the film from different angles and confident that there wouldn’t be a single moment left uncaptured. Alongside the cameras were various headlights to brighten up the area to acquire better footage of what was about to unfold.

Everything in the room was all prepared, even the studio’s sound system was set up and tested. The only ingredient left were people to stand in front of the camera.

The crew behind waited patiently for the female trainees to show up as instructed. The cameras were also already recording footage, even if there weren’t anyone present in front of them; the magic of editing will do the trick.

Not so soon, the doors to the dance studio clicked open and the first trainee walked in, followed by the rest in a line. Her eyes were as large as saucers as she soaked in the changes in the familiar room. Those who followed after her were murmuring amongst themselves and each other, though some chose to keep a composed look, wondering but also amazed at the amount of cameras set at the front of the dance studio.

The girls filed in one-by-one, some looking excited as they had a hint of an idea on what was about to happen, while others looked a little worried, and others just plain confused.

“Alright, girls. Please stand in one line across the room,” a director instructed them from behind the camera, whilst the girls obeyed, waiting in anticipation for his next words.

“We have some good news and some bad news for you all,” he started once again after observing their expressions.

“So, I’ll start off with the good news. As you can see by the cameras, you will be filming your very first reality tv programme, Making Mystique. This is an opportunity for you all to become official members of the new girl group of Cube Entertainment, Mystique,” he smiled while eyeing each of the trainees present in the room, “However, the unfortunate news, as you may have guessed, is that not all of you will be in the new group. Only seven of you will be carefully chosen; that is about half of you.”

“There will be challenges and other tasks that each of you will have to partake, either individually or in groups. The least to deliver will be eliminated until there are only seven of you left, therefore you must do your best,” he explained sternly, his smile disappeared long ago, as most of the trainees looked at him with bugged eyes.

The director then smiled again, “But before we get to the challenges, let’s introduce ourselves, not just for us but also for the audience who will be watching. Aside from your name and how many years you have been training, maybe also tell the audience one interesting thing about yourself,” he then gestured to the trainee at his far left.

 

▪▪▪

 

With a big grin, allowing her eyes to form a crescent shape, the first girl waved shyly.

“Hi. I’m Soomin. I’ve been a trainee for six years now and I’m a rapper. Umm, I’m EXO sunbae Xiumin’s little sister. Please take care of me,” she uttered bashfully, whilst keeping a meek smile on her face.

She ended her introduction by gently resting her hands in front of herself, allowing herself to dip into a 90 degree bow. She gestured to the girl next to her soon after, as a cue to continue on.

The girl looked at Soomin and nodded with a reassuring curve to her lips, before facing the camera with a wide smile.

“Hi there!” she exclaimed in English, with an American accent before continuing in Korean, “I’m Seorin. I’ve been a trainee for six years as well, although I’m more of a singer, rather than a rapper. I can also play the piano! It’s a pleasure to meet you all!”

Similar to Soomin, she brought her introduction to a close with a deep bow.

The next girl cleared , as she made direct eye contact with the camera in the center. With a bright grin and a quick bow, she continued with her introduction.

“Hello! The name’s Miyoung, and I’m one of the singers around here. I’ve been training for four years now. I’ve written some lyrics before, for our 4minute sunbae-nim. It’s nice to meet you all!” she glowed before waving both her hands in front. She glanced over at the next girl as though passing on positive vibes.

Next was a girl slightly taller in height to Miyoung. She had long dark hair that fell until just above her waist. Facing one of the many cameras, she flashed a wide grin, showing her pearly whites as she greeted, “Hello! I’m Jeon Su-Ah and I’m a rapper. Dancing is also one of my strong points. I’ve been training for 4 years. Take care of me well!” she then bowed a low bow before straightening up again with another huge grin. Once done, SuAh looked to her left towards the next trainee.

To the audience watching, the trainee’s face might’ve been familiar for she appeared in a number of dramas, though her appearance in said dramas were only minor.

She smiled towards the camera, “I’m Ahn Yigyeong, but everyone calls me YiA here. I was once an actress but I’m training to be a singer and rapper. Nice to meet you all!” she bowed a perfect 90 degree angle before smiling sweetly, waving a quick wave then turning towards the next trainee.

The next girl gave a quick nod to the girl beside her before giving a quick curtsey, whilst smiling gently at the camera. “The name’s Aria! I’ve been a trainee for around seven years now, and I’m the language ‘expert’ around here,” she said bashfully, before continuing, “I’m mainly training to become a singer. Please take care of me!”

She waved at the camera one last time before glancing over to her left. Next was a girl also quite tall; about the same height as SuAh, with chocolate brown hair that fell down to a little below her shoulders.

Smiling to the girls who greeted the camera before she did, she looked towards the camera and bowed, idly fiddling with her fingers as she did so, “My name is Cha Yeonhee and I’ve been training for about six to seven years now for singing and dancing. I’m also training in acting! It’s a pleasure to meet you all!”

Sending a last grin to the camera’s way, Yeonhee faced the girl to her left to urge her to introduce herself next.

The next trainee glowed, “Hello, I’m Yi Hana, however mostly referred to as Iris,” the dark-skinned girl greeted. She pushed her straight and dark hair behind her shoulders as she continued, “I’ve been a trainee for five years, and I’m a rapper and singer. Well, what’s a fun fact about myself…? Ah, I guess I’m really good at calligraphy. Well, it’s nice to meet you!” she bowed and smiled a small smile, then looked towards the next girl to her left.

Bowing towards the camera after receiving the go, the next trainee smiled a shy smile and greeted, “It’s nice to meet you! My name is Im Soeun and I have been training for a total of five years. I’m amongst the rappers in the company.”

She then paused to think for a minute, contemplating on what interesting thing she wanted to say, “I can dance in jazz dance,” and she grinned a cheeky smile before turning over to the next girl.

Next was a girl with light-coloured hair that flowed down until just below her shoulders. Nodding once, she faced the camera with a rather stoic expression.

“I’m Park Dami and I’ve been training for three years. I can sing and play the piano. Nice to meet you,” her introduction was rather short but straight to the point. She bowed respectfully before turning to the next girl, who was one of the elder trainees in the company.

The next girl clasped her hands together tightly in front of her whilst flashing a bright smile, exhibiting her dimples.

“Hello there. My name is Song Yoonji! You could say that I’m a veteran around here, since I’ve been training for around nine years now. I’m mainly a singer and I love to sing trot. It’s a pleasure to meet you all,” Yoonji exclaimed excitedly, keeping her smile on her face as she kept eye contact with the camera in front of her. With a final bow, she passed the baton onto the next girl.

Receiving the imaginary baton from her elder, the girl gazed directly at the camera, exuding confidence which was hidden away previously. With a quick bow, she allowed the corners of her lips to slightly turn upwards.

“Hey there! The name’s Hyejin; Ryu Hyejin. I have been training for around seven years, and during this time, I have trained in all vocals, rap and dance. Please look out for me,” she chirped, ending with a bright grin, exhibiting a different aura from a few moments prior. She motioned towards the next girl, with a quick glance of anticipation.

There were two girls left to be introduced. This particular girl was one of the “familiars” as well, as she looked the exact replica of rookie group CLC’s Sorn. However, in comparison to Sorn, her hair was cropped short.

“Hello, I am Channasora Sajakul. Everyone calls me Sora,” she spoke with the best of her Korean speaking abilities, with a slight Thai accent to her tone, “I am a trainee of Cube for four years. I am CLC sunbaenim Sorn’s twin sister! Nice to meet you!” she grinned after successfully introducing herself. She gestured to the last trainee.

Last but not the least was a girl tall in height. She also had long dark hair that fell below her waist, which she tied up into a neat ponytail. Her features weren’t of Korean but definitely still Asian. She smiled sweetly and bowed.

Much like Sora, she introduced herself to the best of her Korean-speaking abilities, “Hi! My name is Saowaluk Ratanankorn. My nickname is Tana. I have been training for three years in singing. I can also play the guitar. It’s nice to meet you all!”

 

 

“Alright! Now that we have introduced ourselves, let’s get on to your first challenge. This challenge requires you all to be in groups of three-to-four people,” he flipped through his little notepad, reading the names in each group he has prepared beforehand, “Miyoung, Seorin, and Hana will form the first group: Group A."

“Yeonhee, Soomin, and SuAh will be in Group B."

“Group C will consist of Tana, Yigyeong, Aria, and Soeun."

“And, last but not the least, we have Yoonji, Dami, Sora, and Hyejin for Group D,” the girls scooted to their respective small groups, smiling at each other. A few have displayed close ties and support for each other by nudging one another or holding hands. 

“For the first challenge, we are asking you to perform a short vocal or dance cover, or both, if you like, of any song in your groups. Your judges will be a few artists you may recognise from this area, so prepare well! Oh, did I also forget to mention that you have 48 hours from now to perform your piece? The best of luck to all of you!”

With that last piece of information sinking into their minds, the girls scrambled off with their groups to quickly decide and practice.

 

Authors' note:

 

Good day, everyone! Finally, after quite some time in planning, writing, editing, more writing, and more editing with my fellow author-chingu, we've posted up the first chapter of the story aspect! We hope the "airing" of the show was worth the wait, and apologies if it may be a little boring! It'll get better, though -- guaranteed! We just gotta whisk away the boring bits first ^^ A million thanks to everyone who applied, to those who upvoted, as well as to those who subscribed without applying :) Please continue to give comments on what you guys think, and see you all in the next chapter! ~ -the-badguy-or-hero-

Hey there! I hope you all enjoyed the first part of the show, although it was mainly just introductions! As my friend has said above, thank you to everyone who took the time to apply for our story, and just generally, taking the time to read our story. I really appreciate each and everyone of you! Until next time o/ Forever-Beast