Chapter 2: Mysterious disease

Life means Sunlight and You

The next day, when Jamie was ready for school, Lace got him his lunchbox. Not as usual, she looks so happy. Lace give Jamie his lunchbox and said "Jamie, say hi to your friend, Jungkook" Jamie look at Lace, shocked "H-How do you know him?" Lace smiled and lean to kiss her brother's forehead "I'll tell you when you got home. Be careful" Jamie nods and wave his sister "Bye" Lace smiled "bye"

Jamie put his bag and lunchbox on the table and turn to the window. Jungkook is reading. Jamie pull his chair facing Jungkook and lean his arm on his chair. Jungkook seems to not notice him so he takes Jungkook's book makes him huffing "Hey Jamie, give it back" Jamie puts the book on his desk and said "There's something I'm curious about" Jungkook throw his head back, sighing "You always curious Jamie. What is it now?" Jamie looks straight into Jungkook's eyes, makes Jungkook feels totally uneasy "Don't look at me like that. You're giving me the creep" Jamie lowered his gaze and ask "How do you know my sister?"  Jungkook raised his eyebrows "Who?" "My sister, Lace. How do you know her?" Jamie makes his voice a little bit harder. Jungkook knows that he can't mess with Jamie especially when it's come to his sister. He take a deep breath and laughed, seriously fake laugh "Your sister? I met her at the tuition place last night. Your sister is cute. Why don't you introduce her to me? I can be a good bro-in-law"

Jamie pull his chair fast, makes Jungkook stammered. Oh no, he's totally going far from the line. Jamie fold up his sleeve and Jungkook shut his eyes. He's gonna be killed. Jamie grab him by his collar and say "Just one thing. Don't ever make her cry or you will get some of this" Jamie punch Jungkook's stomach makes him winced in pain. Jungkook rub his stomach as Jamie leave to class. But he smiled then, Jamie gives his permission.

But who wouldn't fall for his sister? Even Jamie looks pretty to be a boy. He never knew that his sister is far more pretty and cute. Her soft looking eyes, makes Jungkook's heart race crazily for the first time. Her beautiful, pouty lips makes Jungkook knock out of his mind whenever he saw Lace brings up her pencil to , biting the end of it. Whenever she her dry lips. Jungkook fantasizing again.

He wants to meet Lace again.

Jamie unlock the door, and as usual Lace would run to her "Jamie!" Before she could jump to Jamie and hug him, Jamie stop her "Sis, I got my friend here" Jungkook stick out his head behind Jamie "Hi" Lace's face turns red. Her eyes widened. She quickly runs upstairs. Both Jamie and Jungkook were startled. Jamie sighed and invite his friend in.

Lace was breathing hard. For the first time, her heartbeat race faster than her run. She holds her chest, what is this feeling? Lace shook her head and take a deep breath. It's hard to inhale right now. Lace was panicked, no, not now!

Dung!

Jamie looks upstairs, so does Jungkook. They quickly run upstairs and Jamie open Lace's bedroom to found Lace was holding her chest in vain. Jamie quickly take her medicine on the nightstand and give it to her. He asks Jungkook to pour the water in the cup. Jungkook do as told and bring the water to Jamie. He held Lace's body to help Jamie. But something come to his concern that how light is Lace's body like he's holding a pillow and how dark is her room, like the only source of light in her room is the bed lamp.

When Lace looks a little bit better, Jamie lay her on her bed. He kiss her forehead before leaving. Jungkook wants to ask about his curiosity, but Jamie answers before he could ask "Lace was suffering a mysterious disease. She's a type of girl who loves sunlight so much but she can't exposed to it. She can't join me to school every morning like all the things she put in her wish to-do list. I... I feel pity of my sister."

Jungkook pursed his lips "So, this is the reason why are you so quiet in school?" Jamie nods lightly "But, dad says that if somebody really can bring her out and have some sunlight, dad would thank him as big as Seorak Mount."

Looking at Jamie's face, Jungkook fall to concern. Suddenly, there's a urging feeling that asking him to help Lace. When they get out from Lace's room, Jungkook ask "Have she tried Sunblock?" Jamie glared at Jungkook upon hearing the silly question. He put down his pencil and say "Jeon Jungkook, let me make this clear for you. She can't have any contact with sun, not even a tiny skin. She'll burn and I don't want to see he in the quarantine room again"

Jungkook nods and keep his mouth shut even though there's a lot of question playing in his mind.