Best Friends?

First Kiss

Yeri had always been jealous of her best friend Joy. She seemed to have her whole life figured out. And it was only her junior year of high school. Yeri had just started high school and was nervous about it. She was nervous about having to watch Joy graduate without her, since she was 3 years older. Despite their , they seemed the closest out of their friend circle. There was Seulgi and Wendy who had known each other since grade school, but that’s another story.  

 

 Every day Joy arrived to school before Yeri, since she was able to drive. She would wait for her younger friend to arrive on one of the school buses. When Joy saw her shed run to her and pick her up. They always seemed so happy to see each other, maybe a little too happy. No one thought anything of it though. 

 

 During the school day they’d pass each other in the hallway and discuss the current events of the school and share a few laughs, then head to class. Yeri was always upset to leave because they shared no classes. She always tried to make the best of the situation and remember they share the same lunch period. 

 

 Lunchtime was always interesting. Something new happened everyday. Today Irene, one of their friends who had graduated ahead of all of them came to visit. 

  "Joy unnie! Look its Irene!" the younger one exclaimed when she saw their angelic older friend approaching their table. 

  Everyone turned to see her and they all seemed ecstatic to see her. Seulgi and Wendy were the closest to Irene, so the younger two let them have some time with each other. 

 

  "This year has gone by so fast.  Like I can't believe you'll be graduating next year. And Seulgi and Wendy are graduating at the end of this year. " Yeri sighed and looked down at her food.

 

  "You know what, don't worry about that. We can still meet outside of school! And I could even come and visit with Seulgi and Wendy like Irene unnie did today." The black haired girl smiled at her, trying her best to lighten the mood, with that smile that made Yeri's heart flutter. 

 

  "Ah, yeah I guess that’s good. I'm just going to feel really lonely without you. I'll miss seeing you every morning." she felt awful making everything sad, but she couldn't help it. She was going to miss her closest friend.

 

"Kim Yerim ah~~ what did I tell you about thinking negatively. We still have one more year after this, why so sad~" 

  She hated when Joy used her full name. 

 

  "Alright, alright. I'll be okay Sooyoung." She smirked, trying to make herself feel better. 

 

  At that moment, the bell rang, which meant they'd have to part ways once again. 


  During her next class she thought all about how her last year with Joy would be. She then was determined to make it the best year she could. 

______________________________________________________________

 

The year quickly passed. Seulgi and Wendy graduated together; there were tears and smiles, but new and fond memories. The girls' final year attending school together was now a reality. Joy and Yeri spent their whole summer together. They did some of the dumbest , but neither of them regretted it. But, one night in particular stuck in her mind. 

 

  It was a humid night, the moonlight shone down on the streets as if it was the sun. Yeri was at Joy's house for a sleepover. It didn't seem any different than their normal sleepovers. At least that’s what Yeri thought. 

 

  Joy knew nothing about Yeri's uality; she never talked about crushes or anything like that. She had had much experience herself with romantic attraction, but never for boys. She had always fallen head over heels for some gorgeous, longhaired, perfect girl at their school, and somehow ended up hooking up with them. At one point she was with Irene. Personally, she enjoyed Irene most out of any girl she'd been with. This made her sound like some half- who just hooks up with any girl on the spot, but she just never had felt right with who she was dating. She wanted to ask Yeri some questions, but was unsure of it since she may have come off too bold or something stupid like that. But she was curious, because she had some secrets of her own, and was wondering if she could push anything out of Yeri. After thinking about it over a box of pizza and a liter of strawberry soda that her and Yeri shared (they didn't bother to use different cups), she came to the conclusion of ' it what could go wrong'

 

  "Sooooo Yeri~ do you have a thing for anyone?" she started off awkwardly, trying to make it seem normal, if that’s even the right word. 

 

  The brown haired girl looked up with a mouth full of pizza, red in the face. She tried her best to swallow the remaining food in and managed to answer Joy's startling question. 

  "W-what do you mean? I-I mean I haven't r-really thought that much about that kind of stuff." she stuttered. 

  

  Joy's face lit up. She knew it. Yeri was too small and innocent, she wouldn't dare think about romance or even at this age. She was the complete opposite of Yeri when she was her age. She wanted to know anything and everything she could of those subjects at her young age. 

 

  "I just mean, have you looked at boys or girls like... as them being more than your friend?" she was trying her best to not sound creepy, but it was failing miserably. 

 

  "O-Oh! Well I mean... What do you like unnie? I don't really know how I feel yet."

 

  Joy knew she was accepting so she went ahead and told her she was pretty much the gayest person Yeri might ever meet. Yeri smiled at her, she seemed at ease realizing Joy had just told her something very important to her.  

 

  "Well, now that you say that... I don't really know if I've looked at any guys like that. But I know I've looked at girls like that before. Ahh, this is so embarrassing." The younger one cupped her own face covering the blushing mess she was. 

 

  Joy continued smiling at her. She looked up at Joy smiling but then stopped as if something important was on her mind. 

 

  "Is everything okay?" Joy probed. 

  "Oh well, I mean I have a question for you I don’t know if its too embarrassing though..." she trailed off. 

  "You can tell me anything! I’m your best friend remember~" She chimed with a huge, warm smile on her face. 

  "Ok, well promise not to laugh?"

  "Promise."

 

  Yeri seemed to be gathering her thoughts, like she had some intricate math problem in her head she was trying to figure out. 

  Suddenly she blurted out "Joy do you think you could teach me how to kiss?"

  

  Joy's face showed a mixture of being confused and intrigued. This was the best question she had ever been asked by anyone. 

 

  She slowly answered, hoping to not intimidate her. 

  "Of course, why not, and why didn't you ask sooner? It seems like you’ve been keeping that all inside your head for years!" she joked. 

  Yeri shyly looked up at her and spoke. 

  "Well, its because I thought you'd think I was weird or creepy or something... I want my first kiss to be special..."

  The older girl could tell she was as nervous as ever, so she took the pizza box and soda and set them on the floor. She then grabbed Yeri by the hand and pulled her closer. 

  "It wouldn't be weird or creepy, it’s understandable. Are you ready now? Or do you need some time?"

  "Go ahead I’m-m ready." she stumbled over her words, but Joy thought it was adorable. 

  

  Slowly Joy leaned in to kiss the trembling girl. As soon as their lips touched, Yeri seemed at ease. She was a natural, Joy thought. Her lips were so soft and this was definitely the best kiss she had ever received. 

  The kiss became rougher as they explored each other’s mouths. Joy kept biting on Yeri's lower lip and Yeri let out a few whines here and there. She then pulled away to let her catch her breath, since she was new to this. 

 

  Yeri looked at her, dazed, as if that was the best thing that had happened to her in a while. She her lips still in shock of what had just happened. Joy only wondered what was going on inside of her head. 

 

  It was nothing interesting but Yeri was just realizing how she felt about Joy. She had always felt some sort of attraction- more than a friendship. But she had been too scared to say anything, having the fear she might say something wrong. Joy had felt like this ever since she met Yeri. She dropped hints of her liking her, but the younger and clueless one never got it. She was hoping this pushed her, and it sure as hell did. 

 

  "So how was that? Was that helpful?" Joy smiled at the small girl, who was still in shock. 

 

  She blinked a few times, as if bringing herself back to reality and then smiled nervously at Joy. 

  "It was actually pretty... amazing. Thanks... but..."

  "What is it?!" . Joy thought. Did I manage to mess this up? It was supposed to be perfect 

 

  "Well... um..." Her face brightened to a shade of red Joy had never seen in her life. 

  "It's just that maybe I've had a thing for you since my freshman year but I'm just now realizing It." she blurted out. 

   Bingo. 

  Part of Joy wanted to , but this was also her chance to confess. 

 

   "Awwww~ well... you don't have to worry, I've liked you since I met you. I dropped hints throughout our years together, but you never picked up on them." the black haired girl chuckled. 

 

  "Dammit how stupid can I am. I really really really like you Joy."

  Joy just and smiled at her. 

  "I like you a lot too."

  She felt like this was her cue to kiss her again, but she wasn't sure. But, just as she was taking that into consideration, Yeri pushed herself onto Joy. They drifted away into yet another sweet kiss, but this one seemed to be more meaningful, since they had both just shown each other their true emotions.  

  They ended up cuddling and kissing more all while and watching some stupid romance movies. After a while they fell asleep and probably dreamt of more gay they'd do in the future. That was the end of the most amazing day of their summer.