Take Me to the Top | Jihan

| 78-Carat | Seventeen Prompt Requests
TAKE ME TO THE TOP | JIHAN
Prompt for: SuJu-Lover

Ship: Jihan

Prompt: Can i request a jihan, jihan trash here!! Like jeonghan is kingka/popular in school and Joshua just happened to catch the eye of jeonghan and fluff happens!

Author’s note: I, too, am Jihan trash. Minor!Jicheol.

 


 

 

“Popular boys are no good, Hong Jisoo.” Seungcheol pokes a finger into his best friend’s chest. “No good, I tell you! They’re basic. They only care about sports and hot girls! So stay away.”

 

“Just because you had bad luck with Jihoon doesn’t mean that I’ll have bad luck with Jeonghan.” Jisoo puts his books away and pats his friend’s back. “Besides, it’s not like I’m serious about him.”

 

“Jisoo, listen to me.” Seungcheol grabs his hand imploringly. “I’m doing this for your own good. I don’t want to see your heart broken by some straight popular boy.”

 

“Yoon Jeonghan is not that kind of guy.” Jisoo slips easily out of his friend’s grasp. “Now, c’mon, we’re gonna miss class.”

 

 


 

 

“Unpopular boys are no good, Yoon Jeonghan.” Jihoon slams his hands down onto Jeonghan’s desk and scowls at him. “No good, I tell you! They’re weirdos. They only care about books and Netflix! So stay away.”

 

“Just because you had bad luck with Seungcheol doesn’t mean I’ll have bad luck with Jisoo.” Jeonghan tucks his soccer uniform into his gym bag and grimaces at the pungent stench of sweat. “Besides, it’s not like I’m serious about him.”

 

“Jeonghan, listen to me.” Jihoon hits him lightly on the shoulder. “I’m doing this for your own good. I don’t want to see your reputation ruined by some weird unpopular freak.”

 

“Hong Jisoo is not that kind of guy.” Jeonghan hits him back. “Now, c’mon, we’re gonna miss practice.”

 

 


 

 

“Wanna go to the soccer practice?”

 

Jisoo looks up from his book and sighs. “You just want to watch Jihoon, don’t you?”

 

“Maybe. But you can watch Jeonghan, too!” Seungcheol leans against the doorframe of his bedroom. “Let’s go!”

 

“I thought you didn’t like my crush on Jeonghan?”

 

“I’m bringing you so that you can see how much of a terrible person Jeonghan is,” Seungcheol says triumphantly. “And then, I can set you up with someone much more wholesome! Like Soonyoung. He’s cool, right?”

 

“He’s the captain of Jeonghan’s soccer team, you waffle.”

 

“Seokmin?” Seungcheol ponders this for a while. “Yes, Seokmin! He’s cool… not that popular…”

 

“He was kissing Soonyoung under the bleachers,” Jisoo says flatly.

 

“Umm. Junhui! You like Junhui, right? He’s super cool.”

 

Jisoo giggles. “Yeah, sure, Seungcheol. Whatever makes you happy.”

 

 


 

 

“Practice is in twenty minutes.”

 

Jeonghan looks up from his phone and sighs. “I know.”

 

“Did you know that Hong Jisoo was named the most boring person of his middle school class?” Jihoon leans against the changing room wall. “You can do better.”

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

“Kim Taeyeon. Beautiful. Class Representative. President of the Girls’ Volleyball club.”

 

“Not interested.”

 

“Hwang Tiffany. Transfer student from San Francisco. The most stylish girl in our year.”

 

“I saw her kissing Taeyeon in the math classroom.”

 

“Umm. Seohyun!” Jihoon snaps his fingers. “You like her, right? Cute, pretty, tall-”

 

“If it makes you happy, Jihoon.”

 

 


 

 

“Holy crap Choi Seungcheol is here,” Jihoon whines, tugging at the hem of Jeonghan’s basketball uniform. “And your little crush, too.”

 

Sure enough, when Jeonghan turns around, he sees Hong Jisoo sitting in the bleachers, reading a book. Seungcheol is sitting beside him, chattering away.

 

“What a nerd, reading a book during a soccer practice,” Jihoon spits out angrily. “Jeonghan, you seriously don’t like this weirdo, right?”

 

“Shut up, Jihoon,” Jeonghan snaps, turning his attention to the coach. Jihoon clamps his mouth shut, still looking irritated.

 

 


 

 

“Holy crap Lee Jihoon just looked at me,” Seungcheol whispers, tugging at the fluffy sleeve of Jisoo’s too-big sweater. “And your little crush is waving at you.”

 

Sure enough, when Jisoo looks up, Jeonghan sends him a grin and a little wave. Jisoo feels his heart flutter slightly.

 

“What a ,” Seungcheol grumbles. “Jisoo, I can’t believe you’re crushing on this cheesehead!”

 

“Shut up,” Jisoo whines, hiding his blush in his book.

 

 


 

 

“Coffee, no milk, two sugars,” Seungcheol recites, placing a steaming hot mug in front of Jisoo. Jisoo accepts it gratefully, trying to warm his hands with it.

 

“Thanks. How’d you know?”

 

“I’ve been ordering the same thing for you for three years now,” Seungcheol says exasperatedly, clearing the snow off of the bench. “Ughh, do we really have to freeze our butts off out here?”

 

“C’mon, now.” Jisoo pats his shoulder. “The cafeteria is crowded.”

 

“Whatever. Hey, you got some coffee on your cheek.” Seungcheol swipes it away with a finger and grins. “Don’t worry, I’ve bean there.”

 

Jisoo stares at him.

 

“You know? Coffee bean? Bean there?”

 

“You’re so dumb, Seungcheol,” Jisoo says finally, but he can barely hide his smile.

 

“Haha, I got you to smile. No need tooth-ank me. Get it? No need to thank me? Tooth?”

 

Jisoo bursts into laughter.


Neither of them notice the tall figure watching from a distance.

 

 


 

 

“He was flirting with that stupid Seungcheol guy.” Jeonghan blows his hair out of his face. “I just…”

 

“I knew he’d break your heart.” Jihoon makes a sound of disapproval, sitting beside Jeonghan. “It’s alright; I’ve already planned a date for you with Seohyun.”

 

Jeonghan sighs and thinks of Jisoo and Seungcheol laughing together; of Seungcheol’s gentle hand on Jisoo’s cheek. “Thanks, Jihoon.”

 

“Hey, don’t get bothered by it.” Jihoon tentatively squeezes his hand, and it’s the most affection that he’s shown for five years. “You’ve got a pretty girl waiting for you tomorrow, yeah?”

 

“Yeah.” Jeonghan exhales heavily. “Yeah.”

 

 


 

 

“He was on a date with Seohyun,” Jisoo mumbles despondently. “I just…”

 

“I knew he’d break your heart.” Seungcheol makes a sound of disapproval, flopping beside Jisoo. “It’s alright; I’ve already called Junhui. You guys have a reservation tomorrow.”

 

Jisoo sighs and thinks of Jeonghan and Seohyun laughing together; of Jeonghan’s gentle hand on Seohyun’s waist. “Thanks, Seungcheol.”

 

“Hey, don’t get bothered by it.” Seungcheol squeezes his hand and winks at him. “You’ve got a hot guy waiting for you tomorrow, yeah?”

 

“Yeah.” Jisoo nods. “Thanks.”

 

 


 

 

“So, you see, I have a range of different carrot products,” Junhui says seriously, taking out a couple of different items. “They’re all China-made. This is a carrot hand sanitizer. This is a carrot instant coffee powder.”

 

“Oh, that’s very interesting,” Jisoo says, trying to stifle his yawn. “What’s that?”

 

“It’s my boyfriend’s phone case. He let me bring it to Korea. It’s in the shape of a carrot; isn’t that cool?”

 

“Err… could you repeat that again?” Jisoo asks, not sure if he’s already fallen asleep from Junhui’s carrot merchandise showcase and is currently dreaming everything.

 

“My boyfriend. His name is Minghao and he’s back in China. Do you want to see pictures of him?”

 

“No, thank you,” Jisoo says flatly. “If you have a boyfriend, why are we on a date?”

 

Junhui blinks confusedly. “Doesn’t ‘date’ mean, like, when two people hang out?”

 

Jisoo groans and faceplants into the table. Seungcheol, you waffle…

 

 


 

 

“I have something to tell you.”

 

“Um.” Jeonghan blinks. It’s eight p.m. and he and Seohyun have done literally nothing but look at their phones. “What is it?”

 

“I’m a lesbian.”

 

“Err… could you repeat that again?” Jeonghan asks, not sure if he’s already fallen asleep from the utter boredom and is currently dreaming everything.

 

“Lesbian. As in, I like girls.” Seohyun leans in conspiratorially. “Specifically, a girl named Yoona.”

 

“Then why are we on a date?”

 

Junhui blinks confusedly. “We’re on a date? Jihoon told me that you were lonely and needed friends.”

 

Jisoo groans and faceplants into the table. Jihoon, you …

 

 


 

 

Jisoo shivers and huddles near the bus stop, trying to hide from the freezing winter winds. After leaving the cafe, he’d realized that he had no ride- and no phone.

 

“Are you cold?”

 

Jisoo looks up.

 

Yoon Jeonghan is standing beside him. Smiling at him.

 

Oh gosh, heart don’t fail me now.

 

“K-kind of,” Jisoo answers, flustered. “I just… oh, I just had a bad date.”

 

“Me too.” Jeonghan grins. “C’mon, let’s go to my house. It’s pretty close, and you can warm up there. I’ll make you coffee.”

 

“Err, you don’t have to,” Jisoo stammers, but Jeonghan stops him.

 

“Jisoo, the next bus comes in three hours.”

 

“O-oh.” He knows my naaaaaame!

 

“Come on.” Jeonghan offers a gloved hand. Shyly, Jisoo takes it.

 

“If it’s not a bother…”

 

“You could never be a bother.”

 

Ohhhhh gosh heart you’re failing me.

 

 


 

 

A.N.- Full, chaptered story found here.