dude (jaehyuk x listen)

Legend Drabbles, Prompts, One Shots, and Requests

“i know you’re happy, just don’t drink too much, okay hyung?” jaehyuk says as they walk back to their dorm, each carrying a 6-pack of beer.

“oh, come on! we actually won! we gotta celebrate!” seungtae says, throwing his free arm around the younger.

    “okay, but there is no way in hell we’re gonna have any sort of camera or phone anywhere near, alright? you know how you get when you drink.”

    “how do i get when i drink?” he asks, too happy to be offended.

    “you just--” he cut himself off, not wanting to bring down the mood at all. “never mind. you have your key, right?”

    “yep!” he took his arm off of the redhead’s shoulders and pulled his key out of his pocket.


 

    the oldest cracked open a beer and held it out to the youngest, changsun.

    “oh, no, i can’t drink with you tonight hyung.” he pushed the drink away and shook his head furiously.

    “why not? we won! isn’t that a good enough reason to have a beer or two?”

    “it definitely is, but i’m completely exhausted. i’m gonna wash up and head to bed. minjunie’s already asleep.”

    he sighed. “alright. what about roi?”

    changsun replied by pointing at a bundle of blankets in front of the television. seungtae started toward it, but quickly realized that roi, too, was totally knocked out. he walked back into the small, table-less kitchen to find jaehyuk sitting on the floor against a cabinet with half a beer already gone.

    “at least you’ll drink with me,” he says, his tone completely deflated.

    jaehyuk smiled, “don’t take it personally. we all worked our asses off in order to win, i don’t blame them for choosing rest over celebration.” he held his can up, “to our win.”

    seungtae hit his full beer against jaehyuk’s, spilling a little on his hand, “to our win.”


 

    3 beers later, seungtae has completely forgotten that none of the other members wanted to drink with him. he just sat there on the floor next to jaehyuk, his face flushed, and laughed. a lot. he laughed so much that roi woke up and paid them a visit. he didn’t stay long, though. he just threw a stuffed bear that he got from a fan at his head, which only made him laugh more, and went to his room to sleep in his bed.

    jaehyuk picked up the bear and let out a one syllable laugh, then put it down. as he set the bear down, seungtae stopped laughing for the first time in 10 minutes. jaehyuk noticed this, so he picked the bear up again and the blond started laughing again. he set it down. he stopped laughing. he left it on the floor, hoping that it would keep the older quiet. it worked for a while. seungtae just let his head hang, his eyes slowly starting to fall shut as if he was going to fall asleep. not-so-secretly, jaehyuk hoped that he would, but soon enough he was laughing again.

    “what’s so funny?” he asks. he can’t help but at least smile at his drunken bandmate.

    “my head feels funny.” he started patting his own head and playing with his hair. jaehyuk watched him, letting the fondness he had for him show. the blond started playing with his hair and accidentally let his finger brush against his face and the heat completely shocked him. his eyes widened and he sat up straight and went, “oh? it’s warm.” jaehyuk chuckled when seungtae started cupping his own face. “it’s so warm, do i have a fever? am i sick? am i in love?” he looked over at jaehyuk, his eyes still wide as he continued cupping his face. “am i in love with you?”

    jaehyuk laughed, “dude, you’re so drunk,” he said as though he wasn’t just as drunk.

    “then why are your ears all red? are you in love with me too?”

    surprised, jaehyuk feels his face. it’s really warm. he looks into his bandmate’s eyes. “dude.”

    “dude,” seungtae says back.

    “dude,” they say simultaneously.