Two

Acquaintances

On Monday, Yoonseo had taken the initiative to go to campus a little earlier. She took caution that Jackson may come knocking on her door and ask her to go to together. Her dorm was luckily located near the campus, only a 10 minutes walk. That's why she was there at uni at 8.30AM while orientation starts at 9.

Thinking she has a little more time to herself, Yoonseo decided to explore a little. Though she knows there will be a tour of the campus, she couldn't help looking around herself. Her first stop was the campus library. She didn't get to explore the library much since it was quite big and decided to visit again next time. Her next destination was the campus garden located near the administration office where she's supposed to be for orientation.

Checking the time, she had 7 minutes before orientation starts so she decided to just sit down. As time ticks by, there began to be more and more students coming in. Some came with friends and some were just alone. Seeing it was almost time, Yoonseo was about to get up when a figure approached her.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but is this the place for orientation?" It was a girl's voice. Yoonseo looked up and was met with a girl. Yoonseo nodded at the girl's question.

"Great! I thought I was lost." She gave Yoonseo a wide smile. "Are you perhaps a freshman as well?" And again Yoonseo nodded at her question.

"Awesome! Then let's go together." She chirped before taking Yoonseo's hand and hoisting her up.

She sure had some strength, was what Yoonseo thought. They went towards the building with Yoonseo being dragged by the strange girl.

"I don't really have any girl friends here." She started to say as they entered the administration building. It was starting to get a little crowded in the building. "I know two guy friends who are attending this university too but I can't seem to find them."

The girl kept talking and tiptoeing to get a better view of the people. As she kept on rambling, Yoonseo had thought something else about the girl in front of her. She's like a girl version of Wang Jackson.

The girl then looked back at Yoonseo. Wait did I just say that out loud? Yoonseo started to panic.

"Where are my manners." The girl said. "Hi, my name's Son Junghwa." She then extended her hand towards Yoonseo which she took. "Oh Yoonseo. Nice to meet you."

Junghwa gave her another smile and clung onto her. "It's nice to meet you too Yoonseo. I hope we can be in the same class. Oh wait, what major are you taking?"

"I'm taking business." As soon as she answered that, Junghwa smiled wider and again clung onto her. "Oh, I knew we were destined to be great friends." Yoonseo, in reply, had only blinked in confusion. Suddenly they were called and were divided into different rooms. And surprisingly, Yoonseo and Junghwa were placed in the same room.

-

They were given a handbook of the university as soon as they entered the room There were a number of staffs that welcomed them and gave a brief introduction of the university. During that time, Junghwa had asked what subjects Yoonseo was going to take. To both of their surprise, the girls had the took the same classes except for their electives. Junghwa had pouted at that but had looked on the brighter side, she had those other classes with Yoonseo.

After the brief the students were given a tour of the campus. On their tour Junghwa kept taking pictures which had Yoonseo asking why and her sheepishly explaining "so I won't get lost." Along the tour, they kept on talking. Well, more like Junghwa talking and Yoonseo listening and sometimes answering.

Their tour ended when the students were back at the first building. They were told that there were stands for clubs at the campus field and they were more than welcome to check on those. Yoonseo wasn't quite interested but Junghwa had put on the most pitiful look which had the former girl agreeing to accompany her.

They were currently looking at a brochure one of the students gave them when someone suddenly called Yoonseo's name. She was extremely surprised considering she knew none of the people in her high school attend this uni. And she had only introduced herself to three people as far as she knew: the receptionist, Junghwa, and...

"Yoonseo!" The voice called out again. She was by know sure that it was Wang Jackson. Yoonseo looked towards the voice's direction and was indeed met with an approaching figure.

"Oh? Wang Jackson!" The girl beside her called. Wait, they know each other? Was all Yoonseo could think of at the moment. As Jackson caught up to them, he was pleasantly surprised.

"Hey, Son Junghwa where have you been?" He asked.

"What do you mean? I've been going through orientation." The girl crossed her arms. "Where have you been? I tried contacting you."

"Sorry, left my phone at my room cause I was rushing this morning." Jackson explained. "Wait, you know Yoonseo?"

"We met this morning and she has been very kind to accompany me cause some people just weren't able to contact me." She huffed. "How do you know my Yoonseo?"

My Yoonseo? Where did that come from? Yoonseo thought to herself. By then, Jackson was animatedly telling her how he and Yoonseo met. And by that, it meant that he was making up stories of how they met. Funny thing was, Junghwa looked like she believed every single thing. Okay, time to step up.

"Actually we're neighbours." Yoonseo spoke up. "He lives across my room." They had finally looked at Yoonseo and Jackson pouted muttering how she wasn't fun. Which Yoonseo couldn't care less. A moment passed by the three of them when suddenly Junghwa spoke up.

"Where's Jinyoung?" And Jackson thought for a moment before remembering. "He was checking out some club when I spotted Yoonseo. Oh, here he comes."

This 'Jinyoung' person turns out to be a boy slightly taller than Jackson. He came to the trio while carrying a number of brochures. This one looks like he came out from a manhwa, Yoonseo thought.

"Park Jinyoung why didn't you contact me this morning?" Junghwa interrogated the boy as soon as he arrived.

"Sorry, forgot to charge my phone last night so it ran out of battery." The Jinyoung guy calmly explained.

"Wait, but how were you and Jackson able to meet?" Junghwa interrogated further. Eyebrows raised.

"We coincidentally met when I was heading downstairs from my room." He again spoke calmly. "But I see you've made a friend. Hello, I'm Park Jinyoung." He turned to Yoonseo and she was a little startled. She was getting used to Junghwa and Jackson talking while she only listened. That's why when Jinyoung had directed his attention towards her, she was quite surprised.

"Hello, I'm Oh Yoonseo." She gave him a small nod which Jinyoung in reply, gave her a charming smile.

"So did you sign up for any of the clubs?" Jackson asked Jinyoung as they decided to continue looking around the clubs. "Nah, I just want to look around some more before I decide on anything. They're opening the stands until the end of the week anyways." And with that, they continued to browse around the clubs.

After checking out the clubs, Jackson and Junghwa were getting hungry. They had suggested going to the cafeteria to "fully experience the campus". Jinyoung had agreed with his friends because he was also starting to get hungry and the campus' cafeteria was the nearest. Yoonseo, on the other hand, had tried to escape the trio and just head home. However, Junghwa gave Yoonseo her puppy-dog eyes followed by Jackson's and eventually agreed to come with them. Which made them jump in glee.

During their lunch, Jackson kept on talking about the randomness things which Junghwa followed, Jinyoung sometimes adding to, and Yoonseo listening and occasionally laugh a little. They continued talking and making jokes after they had finished and Yoonseo had excused herself earlier than they would have liked. 

Yoonseo had given them the excuse of being tired which she really was. Hanging out with them, especially Jackson and Junghwa, had drained her. They were like hyper puupies that never ran out of energy. Jinyoung however, was calmer and even though only talked for a bit, it was like having a break from the other two.

They had eventually let Yoonseo go back and rest after Junghwa had made her give her contact details. She said bye to the three of them and head back to her dorm. As she plopped down on her bed, she had one thing in mind.

Those were some weird acquaintances she had made.