Chapter 3

See You In Your Dreams

"So, to sum up this entire lecture- the cognitive process affects people in different ways. Hence, why all of us grow, move, see and think differently. Is all of that understood?" Professor Woo's voice echoed throughout the lecture hall. A few students hummed in understanding while the rest of the lecture hall were busy dozing off. 

"Aish, you immature bunch," Professor Woo muttered under his breath and gestured to the students as a whole, "Alright, all of you may go." 

At once, the students that were in a deep slumber awakened. Professor Woo slightly chuckled at how immature college students still seemed to be. He glanced to the right side of the hall, where he noticed a certain student still deep in his train of thought, not noticing his friends already exiting the hall. Professor Woo cleared his throat, "Is everything all right, Oh Sehun?" 

Sehun sat up in his seat in alarm and nervously looked around, now realising that the hall was almost empty, "Ah, yes, professor." 

Professor Woo sat on the edge of his table, "You seem extremely distracted, Sehun." He waited until the last student exited the room and looked back at Sehun, "Is it because of the girl you've been mentioning in these dreams of yours?" 

Sehun walked up to Professor Woo with a sheepish look. His eyes darted around at the chalkboard behind his professor, and back at him. "You see, professor, it's gotten a little more complicated." 

Professor Woo raised an eyebrow and folded his arms, "How so?" 

Sehun bit his lip and slowly looked at Professor Woo right in the eye, "She seems to be real, professor." 

Taken aback, Professor Woo gave a slightly surprised look but immediately composed himself, "Do elaborate." 

Sehun sighed and took a seat in front of his professor, "It started when my friend and I went to this house party a few days back. Friday, to be exact. To cut things short, I saw her. Except, she has short, blonde hair while the girl in my dreams has long, brown hair. But her face, it's exactly the same." 

Professor Woo leaned back and his chin as he pondered about the situation. He observed the student in front of him. Sehun's hands clammed together, his feet tapping to a certain rhythm, his eyes looking anywhere but his professor's face. 

"Say, what is this girl's name?" Professor Woo asked. 

"Hyomin." Sehun quietly piped up, "Apparently she's Park Kyunghee's cousin." 

Professor Woo decided to lay off the subject for a while, he cleared his throat once again, "I suppose you're keeping track of your dreams, Sehun?" 

Sehun nodded, already placing his hand in his back pocket to retrieve his phone when Professor Woo stopped him. He looked up with a questioning look. Professor Woo smiled, "Keep it. For now. I'll let you know when I need them." 

Sehun slowly nodded again and got up from the seat. He bowed and left the lecture hall. Now, he only had one thing on his mind and he needed answers, fast. 


Sehun's long legs carried him to the performing arts building. He stopped at the entrance of the building and looked around. The school of performing arts seemed so much more lively than the psychology building. He promised himself to drop by often after spotting a free flow salad bar around the corner. 

Sehun darted for the ballet department at the end of the hallway but stopped himself before he barged in the room. He composed himself and gripped the door handle. He was about to open the door but stopped once again. He cursed himself as he remembered the monstrosity that is Jeon Mina. If he appeared before her again, she would definitely assume he was looking for her. Starting a conversation with Mina would mean his fake alter ego, Minho, would be revoked. Sehun groaned as he let go of the handle slowly. He was about to turn away when an idea popped up. 

Whipping out his phone from his back pocket, Sehun jabbed the number keyboard and dialled his best friend's number. 

"Yah, this better be important. I'm about to be cast in a production-" 

"Give me Park Kyunghee's number." Sehun urged into the phone. 

A slight pause came from the other end of the line before Hoseok spoke up again, "What?" 

"Give me Park Kyung-" 

"I know what you said, stupid. But, why?"

Sehun could hear the judgement in Hoseok's voice but grunted impatiently, "I'll explain everything to you later! Just please, give me her number. Now." 

Without saying another word, Sehun hung up. Barely a minute later, a text came from Hoseok. Sehun opened the text and read it. He pressed on the highlighted numbers, immediately dialling it and placed the phone against his ear. 

After three rings, a light, high-pitched voice answered the call, "Hello?" 

"Kyunghee? It's me, Sehun." 

"Sehun? Oh Sehun? To what do I owe this pleasure to?" 

Sehun almost rolled his eyes but carried on, "Are you busy now? Can we meet for coffee or something?" 

Kyunghee giggled from the other end of the line, "Oh Sehun, are you asking me out? My poor friend, Mina, is dying to see you again though." 

Sehun straightened up and widened his eyes, "Whatever you do, do not drag your friend along. I'm begging you. It'll just be a few minutes." 

Kyunghee chuckled, "Okay, I'll be out in ten. Meet me at the salad bar." 

Sehun grunted before hanging up the phone call. He sighed and mentally scolded himself. You fool, what has gotten into you? Sehun shrugged at the situation. At least he could try out the salad bar. 


"Sorry I'm late!" Kyunghee ran up to where Sehun was seated and plopped herself on the chair adjacent to Sehun. 

Sehun looked up from his salad, his mouth stuffed with greens and shook his head, "It's fine. You weren't that late anyway." 

Kyunghee blinked and gestured at his almost-finished salad bowl. "But you're already finishing your salad." 

Sehun blinked at her for a while before he gave a bored look, "I eat fast, so don't be surprised." 

Kyunghee disregarded the hostility and folded her legs, "So, what is it that's so important?" 

Sehun sat back in his chair and looked at Kyunghee with the most serious look, "I want to talk to you about your cousin, Hyomin." 

Kyunghee blinked, "What's with Hyomin?" 

Sehun sighed, "I'm going to go straight to the point. I like your cousin, and I want to know more about her. She told me she's staying with you." 

With a slight chuckle, Kyunghee gave an amused expression, "I never knew you were one to chase after a girl so persistently." She eyed Sehun's desperate face and leaned back as well, shaking her head, "Well, too bad, Sehun. I'm afraid she gave out the wrong information. She's not staying with me." 

Sehun sat up straight in his seat so fast, Kyunghee flinched. Sehun leaned in, "What are you saying? She's staying alone?" 

Kyunghee shook her head again, "She stayed at my house for the night after the party. She's staying with her boyfriend now." 

Sehun didn't think it was possible for his entire to world to crumble down so fast and so destructively, but somehow, it just did. He felt his eyes twitch, his heart race and fingers clench into a fist. Half of him was angry, furious even, that a girl whom he'd just met, had the nerve to give him false information. The other half was crushed. He knew it was too good to be true for a girl so perfect, to suddenly appear in his life and not have a boyfriend. 

The word "boyfriend" echoed in his mind like an unpleasant gong. He searched Kyunghee's face to see if she was just pulling his leg but unfortunately, this was the most serious he's ever seen Kyunghee look. Right as he was about to question, he remembered the night he met Hyomin. The moment he saw her. 

Sehun resisted the urge to break into a chuckle but kept his composure. He darted out of the kitchen and searched for the bathroom. He spotted the bathroom and was so close to finding refuge when a wave of blonde shoved past him. Sehun looked at the direction the person was going and was about to question what on Earth was going on when someone hollered from behind him, "Babe! I was only joking!" 

Sehun looked back and forth at the commotion. The blondie, who was about to storm out of the house, stopped in her tracks. The girl then turned around, her nostrils flaring in anger. 

It was then that Sehun felt the air in his lungs being knocked out. His jaw slackened and his heart beat increased by a tenfold. 

It couldn't be. It can't be, can it? 

Sehun recalled someone shouting the word "babe". It must be him. The lucky bastard that gets the privilege to call himself Hyomin's boyfriend. Sehun let out a frustrated sigh and plopped back into his seat in defeat. The anger engulfed his entire being. He immediately began to hate the person who dared make such a beautiful girl angry. He had to admit, his pride crumbled ever so slowly in the pits of his stomach. Hyomin wasn't even his girlfriend and yet, he felt like he lost her. 

But he wasn't going to give up.

Sehun sat up once again and looked Kyunghee dead in the eye. "Where does Hyomin and this boyfriend of hers live?" 


I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY GUYS. I've been busy moving houses and stuff otl im such a bad person 

BUT OHOHOHO SEHUN IS ABOUT TO GET INTO BUSINESS.