Epilouge

One More Day...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was supposed to be a special day for him. For her. For the both of them. It was not only his the day they first met.

10-year old Dara was walking home when she a lonely boy by the swing in the park she always pass by.

"Why are you sad?" Dara asked, being the curious little girl she was.
"I don't talk to strangers" the boy mumbled.
"But you just did!" Dara pointed out. "I'm Dara!" she introduced herself. "There! I'm not a stranger now" she said.
"Jiyong..." the boy answered her.
"Jiyongie, let's be friends!"

Their meeting was maybe just a coincidence but it led them to become more than friends.

"Good morning, Mom" Dara greeted with a smile, she couldn't wait to spend time with Jiyong. She couldn't wait to tell Jiyong. She didn't notice the worried look on her mother's face.
"Dara, darling...I need to tell you something" her mother started.
"What is it?" Dara asked, finally noticing the sad expression of her mother.
"Dara...don't get shock but..." her mother's tears started falling from her eyes.
"Mom, you're making me worried!" Dara said. 
"Darling...he's gone" her mother said.
"Who's...gone?" Dara asked as she felt her heart wrench. No, she's just overthinking. It can't be.
"Dear, Jiyong commited suicide today" Her whole world came crashing when she heard those words from her mother's lips.
"M--Mom, d-don't e-ev-ever j-joke like that!" Dara said, denying the truth. "Jiyong would never do that" With those words, her tears fell down. "Jiyong will never do that" she repeated but it came out as if it was only a whisper.

"Why do you always stay at the rooftop during vacant periods?" Dara asked Jiyong when she saw him resting at the school's rooftop. They happened to cross path once again when Jiyong entered the same school as Dara.
"It's the only place that I could be free" Jiyong answered. "With no one telling me what to do" he said as he stared at her.

She repeated the voice message countless of times. I'm sorry. I love you. Now she understand the meaning of the message. I'm sorry if I had to leave you but remember, I love you. Still, she couldn't believe it. Who would? She has to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter