A beating heart

A spontaneous decision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin felt a small stab in his heart, the man he had never talked to or seen before was about to leave. Why would Jin care? It’s not like his life is a fairytale, why was he feeling lost when the man he had laid his eyes on for a few seconds was about to leave.


But just when the door was about to close, a black shadow ran out. Jin blinked in confusion as the tall man stood in front of him. The same man who had made his heart beat with just a gaze was standing right in front of him. The two young men starred at each other for what felt like hours and Jin felt his mouth hanging open. “umh, Hi,” the other man said and awkwardly rubbed his neck. “h,” Jin cursed himself when the word was caught in his throat “hi,” he said and forced his mouth to shut. As they starred at each other the train left the station,  “your… train left,” Jin said as he looked into the deep black eyes.
 

The man bit his lip a little and laughed awkwardly “Yeah,” he said and Jin had to blush. The man had ran off the train, hopefully for him. “I’m…. I’m Jin, umh, Kim Seokjin, call me Jin, umh,” Jin stuttered as he reached out his hand, and felt a slightly bigger hand grab his and was met by a shy smile “I’m Kim Namjoon,” and Jin felt his heart skip a beat. The man had a deep voice and a dimpled smile. The two men was starring at each other, until Namjoon suddenly lifted his briefcase and held it over Jin’s head. Jin blinked in confusion and looked up, realizing that Namjoon was shielding him from the heavy snow, and again Jin was blushing.
 

Jin grabbed a hold of Namjoons coat and gently dragged him into the station. Once they were inside Jin started to brush the snow off from Namjoons coat, only stopping when he was about to touch his silver gray hair and realized that their faces were just centimeters away from each other. Jin felt his mouth dry and forced a swallow as he removed his hands and blushed violently as Namjoon shook his hair and the snow fell to the floor and melted. “emh,” Jin looked up as Namjoon cleared his throat. “Well this is kind of awkward,” Namjoon said as he again rubbed his neck, probably a habit of his.
 

“Did you really get off the train for me?” Jin asked, feeling his stomach filled with butterflies, a little nervous for the answer. “I know, it’s really stupid, you must think I’m some sort of weirdo,” Namjoon mumbled and Jin could see a faint blush on his cheek, “no, no, no,” Jin waved his hands “I’m so happy… I mean, it’s cute, I mean….. I’ll just shut up,” Jin said as he realized that he couldn’t make his head form a proper sentence. Namjoon smiled at him, and Jin felt his heart skip a beat, “I… Can I take you out to eat maybe? I don’t usually ask strangers out, but umh,” Namjoon stopped and bit his lips awkwardly. Jin blushed violently, this really happened. A handsome man had just jumped off the train for him and was now asking him for dinner “yes! I mean, No!  I mean,” Jin stuttered, and Namjoons face fell a little and Jin grabbed his arms “I really want to, but I have work, I…” Jin said feeling hopeless, maybe he should call in sick? He really didn’t want to wake up from this fairytale. “What are you working as?” Namjoon asked “I’m currently working part time at a café and at a bar, tonight I’m at the café,” he said and blushed.
 

Namjoon obviously had his life under control. Jin had seen right, the man was wearing a dark blue suit under the expensive looking coat. He looked way above Jin’s level. “When do you get off?” Namjoon asked, “10,” Jin answered and Namjoon looked at his watch, “Can’t I visit you at work? I mean, is that weird? I’m sorry if,” “no, no, please come,” Jin’s face was practically glowing as he smiled at the other man, and he was rewarded by a blinding smile. “Then after you,” Namjoon said and bowed slightly, making Jin blush.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter