Chapter Fourteen

Determined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Humming happily, Kyuhyun checked his watch for the time, counting down the minutes until 4 o' clock. Yesung said that they would meet up at the school gates before setting off for their dinner.

Only half an hour had passed when Kyuhyun felt his phone vibrating. Fishing it out, he saw that the message came from his hyung.

 

From: Yesung-hyung

To: Kyuhyun

Hey Kyu, I'm really really sorry, but can we hold off the dinner for now?  I know I was the one who set this up and everything, it's just that... Hyukjae's really upset right now and he needs me. I promise I'll make it up to you, I'm really sorry. :(

 

Staring at his phone in disbelief, Kyuhyun closed his eyes and counted up to ten. When he felt calm enough, he quickly sent a message, but not to his hyung.

 

From: Kyuhyun

To: Donghae

Yah Donghae, what did you do to Hyukjae this time???

 

From: Donghae

To: Kyuhyun

What did I do?? What are you talking about?

 

From: Kyuhyun

To: Donghae

Where are you right now?

 

From: Donghae

To: Kyuhyun

At a cafe nearby, I'm showing my cousin around today. What is this about Hyukjae? I haven't seen him all day, what are you talking about?

 

From: Kyuhyun

To: Donghae

Never mind. Go and enjoy your time with your cousin.

 

From: Kyuhyun

To: Donghae

Kyuhyun! What happened???

 

Kyuhyun ignored the last message from his friend, knowing it was rude of him to do so, but still! He ruined his and Yesung's date! Although Donghae claimed that nothing happened, Kyuhyun was pretty sure that his friend was the cause of Hyukjae's distress. In the past weeks, it always had been Donghae.

Scratching his head in frustration, Kyuhyun let out a loud sigh before messaging Yesung back.

 

From: Kyuhyun

To: Yesung-hyung

It's all right hyung, but make sure to make it up to me! I've been looking forward to it the whole week~ :( Please take good care of Hyukjae, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

 

From: Yesung-hyung

To: Kyuhyun

I really will, you can count on it! And I'm really sorry. And thank you, that's really sweet of you :)

 

Placing his phone back in his pocket, Kyuhyun's mouth was set in a firm line. He had been more than willing to let his friend work out whatever issues he had with Hyukjae, but this had gone on long enough. It was starting to affect the time he had with Yesung as well, and Kyuhyun wouldn't let that one pass.

It's time to interfere.

~*~

Kyuhyun originally planned to look for Hyukjae the very next day, but his plans were quickly foiled when he came home that day. His father informed him that he was going overseas to check up on the newly established branch their business had there, and he wanted Kyuhyun to come with him. As his school had already been informed regarding this and that he'd be taking on additional projects to make up for any activities that he was going to miss, Kyuhyun had no choice but to accompany his father.

He ended up spending five days abroad, only being able to return to school Tuesday the following week. After consulting his teachers on the extra projects and assignments that he needed to accomplish and finishing all of his classes, he went to the music club for his meeting with Yesung.

"Hello hyung." Kyuhyun greeted, happy to see his hyung again after being devoid of that pleasure for the last few days.

"Long time no see!" Yesung answered brightly, but Kyuhyun didn't miss the slight strain on his hyung's smile.

Kyuhyun sighed internally. The battle of wills between the two students must still be ongoing. He was kind of hoping that this will solve itself while he was away. He was unable to talk to Donghae today - his friend apparently went to Mokpo yesterday night and was unable to make it back today for school.

"Yeah, my father took me on a sudden trip. Anyway, here you go." Kyuhyun said, handing his hyung a large bag.

"Oh, what's this?" Curious, Yesung peered into the bag, before his eyes brightened up. "Food!"

"Souvenirs, but yeah, they're mostly food. You can share them with your friends if you want."

"This is too much!" Yesung exclaimed, going through the contents of the bag. "But I like it, thank you so much Kyu! My friends are going to love you for this."

Kyuhyun simply chuckled. He had, of course, seen how much Yesung and his friends eat. And they eat a lot, especially Hyukjae. It had shocked him at first, given how skinny Hyukjae was. But well, there really were just those type of people.

"You're welcome. By the way hyung, do you know where Hyukjae is?"

"Hmm?" Yesung paused in opening a pack of chocolate-covered almonds. "He's currently in his last class, at room L204. Why?"

"Nothing." Kyuhyun answered, shrugging. In his mind, he was computing the time Hyukjae's class should end. It should be around the time his meeting with Yesung would end.

Perfect timing, then.

~*~

Kyuhyun rounded the corner and stopped short at the scene that greeted him. He was still a bit far from room L204, but he was able to spot Hyukjae immediately.

The blond student was right across the hallway, facing a girl. The girl seemed to be doing all the talking while Hyukjae was staring listlessly at the spot just beyond her shoulder.

Curious as to what was happening, Kyuhyun cautiously took several steps closer to the two. He stopped at a point where he could somewhat hear what they were saying, but not close enough that they would notice him. Random phrases reached his ear, thanks to the girl'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter