Chapter Ten

Determined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung!"

Startled, Yesung looked behind him and saw Kyuhyun waving at him, a smile on his face. Yesung immediately returned the smile and watched as Kyuhyun jogged up to him.

"Are you about to go home?" Kyuhyun asked, accompanying Yesung's slow walk.

"I'm going to meet Hyukjae and then we're going to hang out at his place. How about you?"

How lucky for Hyukjae, Kyuhyun grumbled under his breath.

"Kyu?" Yesung peered into Kyuhyun's distant-looking eyes.

"Ah, sorry. Yes, I'm on my way home. I'm meeting Donghae, we live pretty close to each other so we go home together most of the time."

"That's cool, then." Yesung smiled and opened his mouth, about to say something, when his eyes caught something. He halted immediately, eyes beginning to sparkle.

Noticing the sudden silence from his companion, Kyuhyun looked at his hyung curiously. He almost melted at the adorably excited look that Yesung was wearing. Following the other student's gaze, Kyuhyun's eyes landed on the small but very popular ice cream stand situated near the school's cafeteria. There seemed to be something going on as the line was long, and more and more students were lining up on the stand.

Looking back at his hyung, who still had that excited look on his face, Kyuhyun asked carefully, "Hyung, do you want to buy some ice cream?"

"I do!" Yesung answered immediately, eyes still trained on the stall. "They finally have that latte-flavored ice cream that I've been waiting for for weeks! Along with other flavors too, I think..." Yesung said, squinting to read the bold letters on the stall's sign.

"Then, let's go!" Kyuhyun said, already walking up towards the end of the line.

"But there are so many people..." Yesung trailed off, eyes scanning the long line reluctantly.

"We'll just have to be patient then." Kyuhyun coaxed, pulling Yesung by the arm, and whatever weak resolve that Yesung had disappeared.

As soon as they got in line, the smell of ice cream wafted over to them, and Yesung inhaled it greedily. He knew he was supposed to be hurrying, he had to - what was it again that he had to do? Hmm...

Well, if he had forgotten, it might not be that important then.

Shrugging, Yesung turned to Kyuhyun chatted with him, already prepared to wait for a long time for his much-anticipated ice cream.

~*~

"This is so worth the wait. And the line." Yesung mumbled through the mouthful of ice cream that he was currently devouring.

Chuckling, Kyuhyun gently pressed a tissue on the side of Yesung's lips, where some of the melted ice cream had dribbled down. Ensuring that he got everything, Kyuhyun turned and threw the wadded tissue into a nearby trash can, missing how Yesung stilled, stared at Kyuhyun for a second, and then went back to wolfing his ice cream, pink dusting his cheeks.

 Kyuhyun continued eating his own green tea ice cream cone, and agreed with what his hyung had said. "It really is good, hyung. Thanks for the treat!"

"...You're welcome." Yesung said timidly, causing Kyuhyun to look at him questioningly.

"Is there something wrong?" Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. "You aren't regretting treating me just now, aren't you? I told you I'd pay for us." Kyuhyun nagged, not wanting Yesung to be in a bad mood.

"I'm not!" Yesung said hastily. "I'm not regretting paying for that, I'm just... really sad that my ice cream's all gone now." Yesung pouted at the crumpled paper holder that was all that remained of the delicious ice cream, silently wishing for Kyuhyun to believe him.

"Oh, we should've bought two for you then." Kyuhyun said sympathetically, and Yesung thanked the heavens for that.

"Yeah, next time then." Yesung said decisively, before a thought sprang into his mind. He waited for Kyuhyun to throw his ice cream's paper cup before speaking. "And before I forget, can I ask you for a favor?"

"Sure, what is it?" Kyuhyun said.

"Could you please tutor me again in Math? This weekend? I have a test coming up in two weeks and I want to be prepared for it as much as possible." Yesung asked, eyes pleading at Kyuhyun.

"Sure, hyung." Kyuhyun agreed easily, not even giving much thought to his answer.

As if Kyuhyun could even think of saying no to those eyes.

"Really, Kyu? You'll help me out?" Yesung asked, beginning to smile, until a thought struck him. "You're not busy during this weekend, right? You don't have any plans yet?" he asked, worry clouding his face.

Laughing, Kyuhyun patted the smaller student's head, hoping it'll ease off the anxiety radiating from his hyung. "I don't have any plans yet, hyung, don't worry. And of course I'll help you." Kyuhyun said, and did something very out-of-character - he winked charmingly at Yesung.

Surprisingly, that move seemed to convince Yesung that he wasn't causing any trouble to Kyuhyun (as if he could - Kyuhyun literally worships the ground he walks on).

Expression clearing up, a brilliant smile appeared on the small face and Yesung launched himself at Kyuhyun, hugging the taller tightly, thanking him over and over, unaware of how the younger student immediately froze.

Looking down at the mop of curly black hair, Kyuhyun was at a complete loss of what to do next. Then, regaining his presence of mind, he hesitantly rested his hands on Yesung's back. When Yesung still didn't let go, he took the chance and hugged the older firmly, savoring the feel of his hyung in his arms, and how perfect they felt together.

Kyuhyun was just on the verge of wishing that this moment never end, when he felt Yesung withdrawing from his hold slowly. Kyuhyun wanted to tighten his hold, to prevent Yesung from leaving,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter