Chapter 1: The Handkerchief

운명 (Fate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Mark feels like he really misses his family and LA. He doesn't even know why he feels blue all of a sudden. After GOT7's another successful stage at MBC Music Core, he's heading to the MBC rooftop to get some fresh air. The rooftop will always be his favorite place to calm himself, because nobody's there, he can own the place all by himself. But too bad, he won't be alone at the rooftop this time. Right after he stepped out from the building, he saw a girl sitting there with her head hanging low and her hair covers her face. He hears the girl crying slowly.

It's a complicated situation for him. He bet that the girl already feel his presence, so should he go there to calm the girl or just ignore her because he don’t even know her? Or should he go back to the building and let the girl own the rooftop by herself because he knows that the girl must be need the place to have her time alone.

He doesn't know why, but he takes a handkerchief out from his pocket, then he walks toward the girl. He rarely acts this spontaneous, but he just did that unconsciously.

"Sorry but, take this and stop crying."

He gives the red handkerchief to the girl. Actually Mark still doesn't feel real, it's just not him to be this spontaneous, it's more likely will be Jackson. Is he too close to Jackson until his best friend personality affected him?

The girl lifts her head, and combs her messy hair with her hand. The two awkwardly face each other, seems like they know each other after a few seconds eye contact. There's an awkward silent in the next second.

"I'm sorry sunbae-nim. I didn't mean to be rude."

Mark put the handkerchief he offered before back to his pocket.

"No, no, no.... you were not rude at all. I think I should go back to my waiting room. Sorry for the inconvenient."

She bows to Mark and about to leave the place. She wipes her tears with her bare hands.

"You can take this."

Once again Mark put his handkerchief out from his pocket and once again he didn't know why do he’s so spontaneous.

"Thank you so much. So, I should go. Goodbye."

The girl takes the handkerchief then bows politely once again, she left with a warm smile then back in to the building. Meanwhile Mark is still standing there, he didn't even have a chance to pay the bow back, she lefts in a dash. And strangely his longing feeling to his family and his hometown all gone, replaced by the warm feeling, that makes the butterfly in his stomach suddenly flying. He still remember the girl's face that sparkling because of the city night lights, he still remember her cute red nose, and he will never forget the warm smile the girl gave him before.

He doesn't know that is this count as love at first sight? But he met her countless time before although it’s just the exchange bows between his group and her group as sunbae and hoobae because it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter