Second

Ordinary
Please log in to read the full chapter

15.11.13

It was one fine day in 2013 winter, while in the midst of training, I received a text from an unknown number.

Seul, I have reached Japan. I forgot to bring my handphone for this trip. This is Mino's hp, you can contact me through this number. (try not to though, msging overseas is expensive LOL) Oh ya, tell dad and mum that I have reached Japan safely. 

-yoon

I waited till training ended, then I gave mum a call to inform her about Seungyoon's status. Being the worried mother that she is, she told me a list of things to relay to Seungyoon for him to take note. 

Hello Mino-ssi, this is Seulgi, sorry to burden you, but can you show this message to Seungyoon? Thank you so much. 

Yoon, Mum asked if you brought thick clothes over, she heard that it's cold in Japan. And she wants you to bring a thermal flask around to keep your throat warm for singing. Make sure you take your 3 meals regularly. Anw, just take care of yourself. Bye.

And I clicked the 'send' button. 

There isn't any reply there after. 

I got his number way before our second meeting. 

 

25.12.13

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Hope you will enjoy your day. 

A text came from the number that was once unknown. 

Weird. I thought. I mean I can't even say that he is my acquaintance as of now. 

Nevertheless, I replied. 

Thank you Mino-ssi. Merry Christmas! Have a blessed one. 

There was no reply again.

I guess this is his mass message. Which was kind of funny, as he definitely didn't strike me as someone who will send (mass) greetings.

 

01.01.14

Happy New Year! Have a great year ahead. 

Knowing that this is a mass message, I was hesitant to reply. Didn't want to look ill-mannered, I eventually replied.

Thank you Mino-ssi. You too, have a great year ahead.

 Yet again, there was no reply. 

He continued sending me greetings during festivals, while I reply out of courtesy till our second meeting. 

So we became greeting exchangers(?), or me replying to his mass greetings to put it in another way. 

 

2014 started out average. 

Red velvet was formed. With Joohyun unnie, Seungwan, Sooyoung and me as members. I have actually been training with this girls since 2013 for different trainee evaluation. Though I wouldn't classify them best friends, they are definitely my close friends. Especially Joohyun, this is the third time I am placed in a group with her, out of 4 times I am shortlisted to form a group. But, I couldn't quite describe what I was feeling.

Am I happy?

Yes. SM is forming a new group and I am part of this group, here's a step closer to debuting. 

Am I worried?

Yes. This is the 4th time I am placed in a group. The past 3 times were nothing but an emotional ride on roller coaster.

Will things finally work out?

I don't dare to get my hopes high.

 

May 2014

Our debut was still uncertain until May.

Contrary to popular beliefs (rumors), we wasn't formed because of Sulli sunbae-nim scandal,

Please log in to read the full chapter