Kim Mingyu

Autumn Serenade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything is nice.

 

It’s the end of summer in the early of September.

 

Jihoon looked outside, standing on the balcony, fingers slowly traced through the balcony’s fence.

 

He then looked down to the street, observed everything that passed through his eyes. He slowly counting. Cars, motorcycles, couples, friends. The color of leaves were starting to change, from green to red and orange. A summer breeze hit him softly. He shivered, summer is definitely hot in the day, and chilly in the night.

 

It’s going to be autumn soon, isn’t it?

 

Autumn, the beginning of everything, his undying love, his very first kiss. And autumn, the end of everything as well. He still remember everything clearly, as if it was just happened yesterday. The day he lost Soonyoung. His Kwon Soonyoung. Although Soonyoung has forgotten about everything, about their love, about him.

 

He smiled weakly to himself, gripped on the balcony’s fence a little tight.

 

Time flies.

 

He took a deep breath, let the summer air yet a little bit cooler sank in his lungs, gave a sense of peace in his mind. Again, he felt the cold air and sighed, even his heart much colder than anything else.

 

He looked back to his room, spotted a teddy bear on his bed.

 

He then walked back to his room, sitting on his bed and reaching at his teddy bear, hugging it. How he wishes Soonyoung will at least hugging his teddy bear once, so he could leave his scent on it, even if the scent probably will fade by now.

 

A tears falling from the tip of his eyes.

 

How are you?

 

Suddenly, Jisoo opened his bedroom door, “Jihoon? Let’s go out for a dinner! I’m−”, he stopped when he saw Jihoon, “Oh my God, why are you crying?”

 

Jihoon startled, quickly wiped his tears. “I’m not crying”, then looked back at Jisoo, “There’s a dust in my eyes”

 

Jisoo walked towards him, “Don’t lie to me”

 

“I’m really okay, it’s just−”

 

“Lee Jihoon”

 

“I’m okay, Hyung, I was−”

 

“Lee Jihoon”, Jisoo the top of his head, encouraged him to tell something, “Tell me”

 

“Really−”, he stated, but another tears falling, “I’m−I’m okay”

 

Jisoo sifted, softly wiping his tears away, “I can tell you are not”

 

Jihoon sniffed, body suddenly shaking as he bite his lips, let another tears falling and realized.

 

That after all this time, after every time he tried to pretend he is okay, he is still in love with Kwon Soonyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Jihoon”

 

Jihoon looked up, found Minghao standing behind his chair, smiling ear-to-ear.

 

“Yes, Minghao?”

 

Minghao smiled even wider, “The boss is throwing a party tonight, at the club. Since it’s his birthday today, so…”, he looked at Jihoon, expectantly, “You’ll come along, right?”

 

He gulped, he’d never like party. He really wasn’t much of a party person anyway.

 

“Um… I’m sorry. I don’t think I can−”

 

“Oh, please… We deny any kind of rejection”

 

“But−”

 

“Jihoon… Please?”, Minghao pleaded, “At least come, for me…?”, he used his puppy eyes tricks, knew a lot that Jihoon can’t resist it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter