The power of three

Let's go back to the start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is hard to explain it. It was something that you never felt before, or maybe you did.  A combination of a weird feeling. Like that kick in the back of your mind, the cold that only you feel when you miss a step, the feeling of a dream. You call them the power of three when they happen. You just knew what was coming.  Sometimes it happened at the right time, others were at the wrong time and other was just a time, didn't changed or made anything (or maybe it did depend on your point of view). You couldn't control it, or know beforehand. It just happened. With time you got used to it, it almost became as breathing. Almost. At first, you thought it happened to save you, to let you breathe. He told you otherwise.

The first time it happened. You were running, fast and long. The day of your thirteen birthday. The worst day ever, in that time. You were escaping, from the people running after you, from the shouts of your name and trying to blink the tears away.  It was in mid-fall that it happened. The three feelings hit you hard and fast, one moment falling to your knees in the dirt. The next you were in some dirty alleyway, with the same clothes, but cold and scared. Don't forget scared. You were hidden in some dark corner of the alleyway when a hidden door (a door you didn't saw) opened and exited a guy that look fifteen or more. Couldn't tell with the low light, he had jet black hair that hides his eyes, ripped jeans and a shirt with a black leather jacket. He was trying to fight the cold with the jacket. He looks at the stars and smiled at them, then he looked at you. Not at you. But there where you were. It took time but he saw you.

 

-Jesus Kristo! You scared the out of me!

 

He was getting close to you, and you tried to hide your face in your knees. Try to hide those tears from the handsome guy coming closer to you.

 

-What are you...are you crying?

 

-No, I am not

 

Of course, you will try to deny it. It wouldn't be the stupid of you if you didn't. You close your eyes hard trying to hide them from the handsome guy. Wouldn't lie if he was handsome or not. Breathing as slowly as you could so you could calm yourself and try to stop the pain in your chest. Hugging yourself, against the cold or the pain who knows. 
Warm and earth, that was what you felt and smell next. Thought that you were back, so you opened your eyes hoping to see something or someone (anything) familiar. But you only saw warm chocolate eyes looking at you. And you felt the heat going to your cheeks because he was looking at you as he knew every little detail about you. Then you noticed he put you his jacket and that was where the smell and the warmness came from. It felt safe so you hide in it. It felt, familiar.

 

-It's ok to cry

 

-No, it's not!...no if you are a dude...

 

He laughed, an open-mouthed full blown out laugh, and you shiver to that sound, you watched it with open eyes, trying to remember every little detail about the way he laughs.  Leaving a faint fathom smile on your face.

 

-That kid's stupid...we are humans, no matter the , we are humans with feels it's ok to cry. More if you cry for the right reasons. So?

 

It was a mumbling and it hurt. But you said it.

 

-It's my birthday

 

-And?

 

-Dog died

 

-Dog?..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter