nothing for christmas

❅ baby, it's cold outside. (a crackship holidays collection)

A/N: this one is going to be really short. like. very drabble-like?
nvm i wrote it and it ended up being over 1k words lol what's a drabble.
finally realized the meaning of this short fics collection and now
i've decided to keep things short. :-) but yeah. hope you like it!
again, warning for word vomit. uGHHH. i need to edit soon bleh.

⚡️

On Christmas, and only on Christmas, Sana's family allowed her to eat breakfast with her boyfriend. Well, it's not really Sana's whole family, more like her overprotective mother finally allowed her to spend more than four hours alone with her almost three-years boyfriend (and childhood sweeteart), but she appreciated the gesture anyway. It was thoughtful to say the least, even with the fact her mother still urged her to carry bug spray in her purse and have the police hotline number one in her speed dial in case anything ever happened. But, really, it was thoughtful. Truly.

"So, what did you get me this year?" Sana asked, legs swinging over the smooth surface of Yunhyeong's bedroom floor. Yunhyeong was seated in front of her, on his lap a small box wrapped with green christmas-themed giftwrap. Her eyes shone with curiousity as her mind rapidly raced with the possibilities of the gift, starting from something as simple as food to even something as seemingly impossible as the puppy she'd been gushing about for nearly three months now every time the both of them walked in front of the pet shop. With a shy smile, Yunhyeong passed the gift over to her wordlessly, lip bitten down in anticipation for her reaction.

Heart pouding in her chest for the (very small) possibility of a puppy, Sana quickly unwrapped the present in one go, and with the excitement still pouring in her veins, she opened the top of the box, and her smile widened once she saw what it was, despite her heart sinking a little upon seeing it wasn't the puppy. (Oh well, there was always next year, and Yunhyeong's part time job probably wouldn't have been enough to afford that puppy anyways). 

"Oh my gosh, this is beautiful," breathed Sana as she carefully took out the pendant out of the box, the silver of it glinting in the morning light filtered through the windows. It was a heart-shaped pendant, and after she tried opening it, inside she saw a small photograph of the both of them and a carving of ' S + Y ', and despite it being one of the cheesiest gifts she'd ever gotten from him, it didn't stop her from feeling the warmth and fluttery feeling in the pit of her stomach she still felt, even after being with Yunhyeong for a long time now. "I love it. Thank you so much." She could see the outlines of Yunhyeong's shoulders from his navy blue sweater slumping from relief when he heard her comment, the upper corners of his lips curling upwards in a wide grin. 

"I'm glad you liked it," he responded brightly, his tone exuding the love and comfort Sana was so familiar to and was still addicted to.  "So, uh, how about you?"

"Oh. Uh. Well, about that," began Sana nervously, a forced laughter coming out of . It wasn't as if she forgot it was going to be Christmas, it was more because, well, she would've prepared a gift for him if she would've known just what to give him. A few weeks ago, her best friends had rambled to her about the cute things they'd made for their partners (some of them even made them websites - like, how the heck? Sana wasn't that good at being internet talented!), and, feeling the spike of jealousy and the thirst for a little competition, she'd stupidly decided not to buy Yunhyeong his usual gifts - some movies or video games - and instead opted to make something for him.

Which she failed to do so in the span of only a few days, mostly because she couldn't settle on anything that she felt would've moved him.

Or, well, maybe not failed, seeing as she didn't walk to his house empty handed, but it was close to it.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Yunhyeong asked, the concern evident as he stood up from his seat to plop down next to her, body tilted towards her as he stared at her with genuine concern. Sana looked at her lap, feeling the guilt rise in as she coughed, feeling uncomfortable all of the sudden. "Did something happen?"

"It's not that." 'I kinda wish it was that,' thought Sana for a moment, still unable to meet his eyes. "I, uh, I didn't get you anything special for Christmas. I mean, I made something, but it's not that good. I'm sorry." Chewing on her bottom lip in frustration, Sana expected to hear disappointment or maybe even some anger from Yunhyeong, but she didn't expect the the sudden warmth enveloping her whole as he wrapped his arms around her tightly in a hug, his chin resting on the top of her head and her face nuzzled into his (sweater-covered) chest. Hesitantly, she hugged back, the feeling of guilt getting even worse as she did.

"Even if you got me nothing for Christmas, I wouldn't get mad, so don't think that, okay?" Yunhyeong said, the reassurance firm in his tone. "Just having you being here with me is a gift enough for me, even if you're going to end up sleeping when we watch some movies later on." He chuckled at the end of his sentence, and Sana felt the corners of her lips tugging into a small smile. 

"You're so cheesy," mumbled Sana into his sweater, her words coming out as a muffled sound. Yunhyeong laughed, a rich sound filled with amusement and also a little bit of love, and Sana felt the small rumbling of his chest when he did. "Okay. Fine. I'll show you what I got you, but keep up this... cheesy good boyfriend thing you've got going," she teased, pulling away (much to his displeasure) to ruffle through her bag in search of her gift, Yunhyeong's eyes following her movements curiously. 

After a few seconds of searching, Sana pulled out a crumpled piece of paper, red painted on her cheeks before passing it over to him silently. "It's a... well, you'll see."

Unwrapping the paper carefully, Yunhyeong's brows furrowed as he read through the wrinkled lines of the paper, struggling to make sense of what was written on it before finally realizing the words written on the paper. "Coupons?" asked Yunhyeong, no judgment in his tone and more of confusion. "Does that mean I can't hug or kiss you now without using these?" he asked again, his lips forming a small, childish pout.

"Have you read what's written on the coupons?" Sana asked, laughing after she did. "You can still kiss or hug me any time you want, Yoyo. It's just stuff, like. Not falling asleep during your nerd mov - I mean, scifi movies, or playing video games with you, all that jazz. There's also one for me sneaking one more hour or two with you during regular days. But, you know, it's kind of lame. I tried, though, but, uh, yeah," babbled Sana, oblivious to the smitten smile on Yunhyeong's face as he watched her talk. 

"I love it," he interrupted her from her ramblings after she stared getting off topic, and Sana stared at him in surprise, jaw slightly slacked. 

"You do? Wait, you're not lying, aren't you?" She narrowed her eyes at him, lips pursed to make herself seem more intimidating, but Yunhyeong was still smiling when he shook his head.

"I really do. I love it, a lot. Just like I love you," he added the last part after a few moments of consideration, and Sana rolled her eyes and groaned from the (should've been expected) cheesiness, but there was no doubt she liked it from the wide smile she'd formed.

"There's also one coupon for me being cheesy back at you, you know."

"Oh, really? I'll use that one now then." Yunhyeong carefully ripped off the coupon from its original piece of paper before handing it to Sana with an air of mock business around them, and Sana chuckled before placing the used coupon back in her pocket. "I can't wait for this," teased Yunhyeong as he rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

Sana was about to say something, but upon seeing Yunhyeong wriggling his brows, she laughed, head thrown back as she did. "Stop. I can't be serious if you're like this." 

"Alright, alright, I'll stop."

"Good. Because I love your reaction to this a lot. I'm lucky to have someone like you," cooed Sana, trying to not cringe from the cheesiness as Yunhyeong laughed at her face trying to controlling her cringe. "And, uh, your reaction to it is like - "

He stopped her in the middle of her sentence by pulling her into another hug, and this time around, she hugged him back without hesitation. "I'm going to have to stop you there. I love you, Sana, I really do, but seeing you trying to be cheesy is too cute for me to handle."

"Stop being cheesy!"

⚡️

A/N: oH YAY. that was uh. still word vomit but yeah.
the next update will either be tomorrow or later today.
i need to take a break for a bit, but. soON. and uh. even though
this collection's only had fluff so far, expect angst coming your way
soon. hopefully. #praysformylazybutt