gift improvement 101

❅ baby, it's cold outside. (a crackship holidays collection)

A/N : hello, everyone! hope you're having a wonderful christmas. sorry this is so late.
i lost my muse sometimes along the way, but since excuses are simply excuses, this is
a late christmas gift from yours truly to you, an update with a few other stories in the works. 
p.s. i changed my writing style (using past tense instead of present, more comfortable
plus apparently that's the correct thing to do? lol) and format style. hope u don't mind.
also, i removed some pairings i lost my muse for (crying noises), i hope you understand.
OH AND THIS IS JUST WORD VOMIT UGH I'M SO SO SO SO SORRY. i'll edit later!!! hopefully.

⚡️

Between the two of them, Nayeon would say Bobby was the worse gift chooser.

There was a reason why the couple was seldom invited to their friends' christmas dinners, and it was mostly because they just never really brought the good gifts. Now, one might call that a rather shallow friendship, because isn't Christmas all about sharing and giving love, and not always about the value of the presents? (I mean, if Christmas was only about the value of the presents, not a lot of people would really celebrate it, would it?), and that observation is true. However, getting constant gifts of only cards saying 'Sorry! Didn't know what to give you this christmas, so have a card!' in a big (and apparently empty) box wrapped in all-too-bright red wrappers would grow annoying, and rather disheartening. So, really, the reason could be justified. Sort of.

"I told you we should've gotten those sweaters last year!" 

"Well I'm sorry I didn't have enough money to buy that ugly sweater."

"You didn't."

"Oh, I did."

"You're an ," Nayeon spat out without any malice of the sort in her voice, eyes alight with annoyance. From his spot next to her, Bobby glanced at her and chuckled, corners of his eyes crinkling the way it always did whenever he laughed (just the way Nayeon liked it, not that the girl would admit it in her current rage) but didn't dare to pinch her puffed cheeks in the case of getting decked in public. That was the way their relationship was, although really, nobody would expect otherwise from the couple that turned from being rivals into lovers. (Just like a cliche, as how Nayeon would scoff and Bobby would gaze at her adoringly as she said it. Blegh. Couples.)

Biting down the urge to say 'you love this ', Bobby hesitantly edged closer to his girlfriend and ruffled her hair slightly, grinning when he spotted the blush starting to form on her cheeks. It took him even more restraint to not hug her right there, seeing as he had no doubt in the slightest the girl wouldn't hesitate to teach him a lesson to not 'showcase his endless adoration' too much in public. (In private, she totally loved his endless adoration, judging by how in-demand his cuddles were). 

"Stop it. I'm still annoyed at you," said Nayeon, more to herself than Bobby as she stormed towards the car, hair kept from being too ruffled by the wind by her oversized cobalt blue winter beanie. Behind her, Bobby wasn't afraid of showing his amusement by laughing, not minding the dirty glare she threw over his shoulder at him. Again, that was just the way things were. 

After he started up the engine and prepped to drive, Nayeon's hands stopped his from edging their way towards the radio, lips downturned in a scowl. "Don't even think about turning on my favourite station to cool me off."

"Wasn't thinking about it?" said Bobby, despite his tone making it sound more of a question than a statement as he quirked a brow at her. 

"Look, I just." Nayeon paused in the middle of her sentence, a sound like a mix of frustration and annoyance passing through her pink lips. "I'm just annoyed we didn't even get the invitation to Jungyeon's christmas party this year. The only christmas party we're invited to this year is my family's. And we both know we're not going there, don't even try about changing my mind on that, I'm not planning to get married anytime soon - don't give me that pout, Kim Jiwon! I swear - "

"Alright, alright, I get it," interrupted Bobby, his voice light and airy, slightly woozy. Nayeon's shoulders slumped, the fight in her slowly leaving and Bobby shot her a look of concern before leaning forward and giving a short peck at her temple, lips only slightly brushing over the skin. Leaning back, Bobby tried not to smirk upon seeing the flustered look written plainly on her face, instead coughing and trying to play it cool. "What's the big deal about the invite anyway? I know it's Jungyeon, and she's your best friend - I get it, don't glare at me like that, Nayeon! - but what's so hard about just... crashing the party?"

"We crashed it last year. And the year before that," Nayeon deadpanned, voice dry and dull with humour.

"Doesn't stop her from giving us the free soju." Bobby shrugged in nonchalance, and Nayeon looked at him with a look of disbelief before rolling her eyes.

"Can't we at least be ethical party crashers? As in, giving Jungyeon a gift she'd actually like? And no, we're not giving her another one of your boxes only filled with a card because we've been using that for the past two years. Spongebob's getting boring."

"Alright, fine," agreed Bobby easily, smiling brightly at his girlfriend (mostly to avoid pissing her off even more, but also because he kinda sort of wanted to see her signature grin again, the kind of grin that could light up a whole room). "Teach me how to improve my gifts, Oh Experienced One." Upon hearing the nickname, Bobby could see Nayeon trying to bite down a smile, the corners of her lips trying to pull why her lips pursed tightly in order to avoid the incoming smile. A look of victory passed over his eyes, but he didn't say a word, waiting for her to break the silence instead.

"Okay. Fine. Start driving towards the video games store - you know, the one you and Hanbin spend hours in together - "

"As you wish, Oh Experienced One."

"Stop it!"

"As you - "

"Stop."

This time around, Bobby didn't bother to hide his victorious grin as Nayeon pressed her soft lips to his, the both of them feeling the smile on their kiss.

⚡️ 

A/N: WELL THAT WAS BLEH. but. hope you liked this ball of cheesiness gtg.