Save the best for the last.

The last time ever

The headquarter was busy that morning.People wearing robot-like suits shuffled from a place to another.Buzzers sounded here and there alarming everyone in the office.

"What's the problem?" A man in his 50's entered the control room with a lady beside him holding various kinds of files.

"We detected a smile Sir, but its whereabouts can't be identified." The lady replied.

The man took a look at the screen and saw a red light blinking.It was serious indeed.

After a grumpy man took over the world, he started ordering everyone to stop smiling.It was believed that a smile can destroy the world, for humans would be too happy and development can't happen without focus.It sounded ridiculous to everyone but when one day, a group of man got shot because they were laughing in public, people started to realize that the order was not a joke.

From that day onwards, it was hard to see a smile painted on someone's face.The characters in movies also promoted the world to frown along and not to stay out of focus by smilling.They started implanting in people's minds that happiness is not the main point of life.But it's the development and the amount of success that we can achieve.The slogan "You Smile, You Die." was spreaded everywhere and after three generations, the smile was completely wiped off the earth's surface.

The world did have a lot of great inventions and technologies but the people were all frowning.Birthdays?You celebrate it by destroying your own birthday cake that your mom stayed up all night baking.Everything would lead to fights and unsatisfaction between one another.Everyone was grumpy and nothing could make them smile.Not even a kitten that cutely climb up your body and your cheeks.

 

The government had numerous beautiful ladies to lure up the rebellions and kill them in silence.But they died during the last attack on the rebellions.Instead of them luring the rebellions, the rebellions lured them into the trap by acting as a bait and killed them all.Except for one 15 years old that managed to live by the help of her father.

Jinri's father was the head of the rebellion but no one in the office knew of this.When she was a little child, she was taken away from her parents by an unknown man that was desperately in need of money.

"Ahjusshi please let me go!" Jinri squirmed and struggled in his arms but she was not strong enough to fight the man.They enterd a  dark alley and in those darkness, Jinri could see someone who has a darker soul than the night.His frown was proudly shown as they went nearer to him.

"This is the girl that I promise.Now give me my money." He said while panting.His breath smelled foul that a grimace crept up Jinri's face.

The guy in front of them nodded and slid his hand inside his jacket to take some thing that Jinri assumed was money.His hand came out holding a pistol and without any hesitation,not even the tiniest bit, shot the man that was holding Jinri.Slowly his grip on Jinri loosened and he fell to the ground,lifeless.

"This is a secret.I can't let someone who's drunk every night to live knowing this." He said,his frown never leaving his face.It would be cool if it was in a movie but to Jinri, it was the most horrible sight.The guy turned to look at her and leaned in closer to inspect her face.

"Don't be scared.My name is Soo Man.What's yours child?" He said in a such a kind voice despite the tight face.Stuttering,Jinri spelled out her name.The man then took her to somewhere she lived her life as a weapon against her own father.

 

She was so amazed by her seniors.How they killed those humans while whispering lies to them.She practised hard day and night to become the best.That was her life goal.To be the most skilled killer.One day, her efforts paid off as she was sent along her seniors to a battlefield.It was actually a night club.They were supposed to seduce the men and kill them afterwards but they never knew that it was a trap.

Jinri was still searching for a victim when the shooting started.She immediately hid under the stairs as she witnessed her seniors killed in front of her. A man was descending the stairs and noticed  Jinri hiding there.He was about to shoot her but cancelled his intention when he saw her face.

"Jinri." He uttered and Jinri furrowed,wondering why wasn't this man shooting her.Instead, she took his gun that was dropped earlier and aimed it towards his head.

"I'm your father." He said again and that made Jinri stop.Father?The memory of him was playing in her mind that time.And there was only one thing that she remembered about his father.The song that he sang every night so that she could sleep.

The glass beside them broke, giving the both of them terror.Reinforcement from her side had arrived.A bullet penetrated her father's chest and Jinri was so shocked that she stood there frozen.She was then pulled away from the nightclub.Her last memory of her father was that smile that remained on his lips.And for the first time after she was taken away, she cried.