Balloons

Balloons [One-shot]

 

The stars gently looked down at the planet beneath them. They quietly sparkled in the night sky while a young lady marvelled at them. She sat out on the patio, legs tucked in, toes curled, and eyes open to the diamond sky above her. For once, the street noise wasn’t obnoxious and hectic that night. The car lights from below resembled shooting stars, speedily passing by beneath your feet. The light rain from the morning gracefully cleared the air and sky of all pollutants.

The world ceased to exist when he wrapped his arms around her. She cuddled herself in his warm chest, and shyly placed her head against his chest. She could hear his heart softly beating. He smiled contently as he tightened his grip around her waist. He softly whispered to her, ticking her ear with every word.

“No matter how far I am, we’re still under the same sky.”

The two slowly held hands, and blissfully smiled, seeing how their hands intertwined perfectly together. He relaxed himself, and eased himself back, leaning on the patio chair, still hugging her regardless. He softly kissed her forehead, and pet her head. The two gazed into each other’s eye, gradually being hypnotized. She closed her eyes, and opened her ears. The familiar sounds of his soft breathing seemed identical to hers: soft, slow, silent. The sounds of the bustling city below, drowned out as she feel deeper and deeper in sleep.

When she awoke, she was greeted by the morning sun. Its soft glow gazed into her sorrowful eyes. The weight of a heavy heart pulled her down from the clouds. She glanced around her empty apartment. Nothing. There was no love, no comfort, no Yunho wherever she looked. The rising sun shined through the clouds, and warmed her face. The tears in her eyes threatened to fall. She prepared herself for the day, expecting the usual. She cooked a hearty meal for two, and stared at the empty seat across the table. Only the sounds of forks and spoons clanking together on the white plate echoed throughout the apartment. The sounds of the city thundered on the streets outside of her window. She left her black and white apartment, to the colourful world outside. A small child skipped about, holding his mom’s hand in one hand, and a small red balloon in the other. The string slipped out of the child’s grip, and slowly drifted off into the sky with the clouds.

With each heavy step she took, it brought her closer and closer to reality. He’s not here. He’s gone. The whispers, the cuddling. Nothing except a figment of her imagination. These pessimistic thoughts replayed in her thoughts thousands of times. Yet, at the same time she continuously believed, he’ll be back, he’s coming soon. Last night’s dream was painfully real. The feel of his touch lingered at the tips of her fingers. The sound of his breathing was well heard in her ear. His gentle voice was unforgettable. The tears welled up in her eyes again. Her vision blurred, and she could feel her nose beginning to run. This feeling in her aching heart was too much to bear.

Was he feeling this way? She wanted to know. She wondered how longer it would be before he would return, before they could reunite, before the pain would disappear. Ever since he was drafted to protect a better future, it seemed everything in the world seemed different. Standing in this place, she didn’t know if she could keep hold of faith forever. Everyone around her said it was a lost cause, she shouldn’t wait, and should give up. Every single person, every single day, every single ounce of hope was being lost. With every tear that dropped, another piece of doubt surfaced. The tears endlessly flooded from her eyes. How was there any possible way for her to know if he was alright, if he was healthy, if he was safe? Would it hurt less if she had forgotten about him? Would it help to erase the day the met? As time flows by, the sense of hope left her. She had to let go. It’s the only way it can fix her broken heart. How long has it been since he left? Three days? Three months? Three years? It seemed like it was just yesterday they said their good byes, but it seemed like it had been forever since she last saw him. If another chance would come, she would hold onto him for as long as she could.

She looked up at the sky. The clouds above silently passed by, and slightly covered the sun. A silver line of light softly outlined the cloud. The red balloon from before, floated in the sky above you. As it floated farther and farther away, she was compelled to follow it until it was no longer in sight. She looked at her surroundings, only to find herself back at her apartment building. She looked up to her patio, only remembering her dream. The wind hugged and comforted her. It wiped away her tears, and helped clear her vision. The wind silently ran its fingers through her sleek long hair.

It softly whispered in her ear, “No matter how far I am, we’re still under the same sky.” A rush of emotions overwhelmed her as her eyes widened to see the person before her.

She whispered beneath her breath, nearly inaudible, "Yunho."

“This time, I’ll fight to protect your smile.” 

tumblr_lsh9znAtWj1qzep7ho1_r1_500.png

(Not my picture~ All rights/credits go to owner~)


Well here's another quick one-shot. Did you catch the RED BALLOON??? AKTF GUYS!

Check out my other fanfic!

Can I Stay? - dbsk korean romance snsd you - main story image