1

Undercover Lady

 

“You're going to love where I’m taking you for your birthday Shikkie! It’s the surprise ever!-- Jaewhan”

 

Wonshik couldn’t understand the words boring white light into his eyes as he craned his neck in bed to read his text message at 3am, but he ignored it, like he did his morning alarm, and went the hell back to sleep.

 

Wonshik was a creature of habit. Sleep till noon, eat instant ramyun, and compose his music until his head couldn’t take it anymore. His clothing was always a hoodie and jeans, unless he went out, then it would be a sweater and a nicer pair of jeans. His hair would take on any colour of the rainbow in a given year and on his head would always perch a fancy snapback, of which he owned plenty. Wonshik was a creature of habit. He didn’t like when life tried to edit that.

 

Jaehwan was his best friend since high school. They rented their first apartment together for college and it was always filled with noise. Now, them being in their third year, Jaehwan had moved in with his friend Taekwoon. The man barely talked, which was in stark contrast to Jaehwan's loud voice. Now living by himself, Wonshik found his way to Jaehwan’s apartment more often, and the latter was beginning to feel bothered.

 

“I know you’re a guy who likes to be by himself, but you're killing me! You’ve been wearing that hoodie for weeks and I think I see mold!” Jaehwan flashed a hideous pout and promptly tried to shield himself with his fork. Taekwoon was too busy eating his own meal to care and Wonshik tried to do the same, but his nose wrinkled with offense. “I’m perfectly fine with my life, and this hoodie is designer.”

 

Jaehwan took a bite of his pancake and gave Wonshik a shrug. “I’m only saying, you need to get out more. Get a tattoo, steal a bike, adopt a puppy.” The last word got Taekwoon’s attention but then he frowned back into his meal.

 

“Jaehwan, I said I’m fine. I’ve been busy with my work anyway and the dating scene isn’t for me.”

 

“That’s true, but it is for me. You're coming with me and Taekwoon tonight for your birthday party!”

 

“What party?” Confusion laced Wonshik’s voice, but he had a feeling he knew what Jaehwan was talking about. And it wasn’t a good one.

 

Jaehwan picked up his phone with a cheeky grin and put it in Wonshik’s face. Wonshik immediately remembered. ‘You're going to love where I’m taking you for your birthday Shikkie! It’s the surprise ever!-- Jaehwan’

 

Taekwoon peered his head to read the text and began packing his bags. Jaehwan grabbed his wrist with lion like force.

 

“What’s with the pun.. You're not taking me to a strip club.”

 

“Oh, my dear Kim Wonshik, don’t you even know your best friend? It’s a surprise, I’m not telling you. I’ll pick you up later and we’ll go. There will be music there so you’ll be fine.” A coy smile was placed on Jaehwan’s lips as he flipped his pretend hair and poked Taekwoon to the door of the cafe to leave. He didn’t pay the bill.




 

The clock tolled 9pm when Wonshik woke up from his nap, the idea of the most uncomfortable night of his life nagging the back of his mind. The TV was playing some drama he had been paying attention to before and he cursed himself for falling asleep. The shower was too short and the clock went by slowly, taunting Wonshik by the minute. Wonshik hadn’t been clothes shopping in a while, so he put on what he could find, which was a white dress shirt, ed at the collar, and a pair of black skinny jeans with a few rips in them. He tousled his silver hair as best he could and put on his daily eyeliner before his phone rang with a ringtone he picked out specifically for when Jaehwan called. It was a dinosaur scream. It fit well. Wonshik put the phone on speaker as he tied his shoes and braced himself for a night of hell.

 

“Come out, we’re here and Taekwoon is trying to break out of the car. No, WE'RE NOT GETTING FOOD UNLESS YOU COME!”

 

Wonshik put his face in his hands and walked out the door. Happy Birthday.




 

Wonsik sunk deep into the cushions in the back seat of the car, hoping to become one with them as Jaehwan promptly dragged him out by his wrist. They were parked in a dark alleyway and for some reason, there was a valet taking Jaehwan’s keys to park the car. Wonshik was not feeling good about this. There were no lights, and the ground was wet from raining the day before. Each plip of water made Wonshik feel like he was in a B rate horror movie. “Wonshik, come on, we’ll only be here for a few hours hours. They close at 12.” Taekwoon was hiding behind Wonshik, his eyes like a wounded cat about to get a bath, but then noticed something in front of them and practically bolted from the car. He went down the stairs before anyone could see what caught his eye. The birthday boy followed Jaehwan to the door and then paused when he heard familiar music, and not the kind of music you’d hear in a strip club.



 

It was smooth jazz. Piano keys glittered beneath them as they walked down the endless flights of stairs. The black walls were adorned with red lamps glowing with warm light and the chatter of voices increased as they got nearer. When Wonshik passed through the curtains, his jaw dropped and he can’t say he wasn’t relieved. It was a bar, a classy bar, looking like it came from the 20’s, with tables and chairs surrounding a long stage. People were drinking and having a good time, and no topless girl could be seen for miles. “Maybe this will be a nice birthday after all”, Wonsik thought. Jaehwan got them a table in the front and Taekwoon sat with them soon after, but not before saying goodbye to a girl who looked like she worked there. Her skin was a golden tan and her long black dress complimented her cat like eyes and flowing charcoal hair. “You know her?” Jaehwan asked and Taekwoon only drank his water.

 

It took a few minutes, but Wonshik began to actually enjoy himself. It was nice, no one was trying to grind up on him while smelling like stale beer. His thoughts were interrupted when a woman came up to their table and Wonshik became starstruck. Her jaw line was sharp, but her features softened it all. Her eyes were a bit droopy and her red lips glistened in the light. Her hair was in a caramel bob and her toned arms peaked through her see through sleeves on her black sweetheart dress.

 

“You boys ready to order?”

 

“We’ll just have the disco fries for now, thanks Sookie.”

 

The girl smiled playfully, eyes going to Wonshik. They looked like they were looking for an answer, and Wonshik didn’t think he had one. Her nametag said ‘Kongsook’ and Wonshik couldn’t think of a name that fit better.

 

“Call me if you need anything else, Ken. Who’s this guy? Haven’t seen him around.” Kongsook pushed strands of her hair behind her ears and smiled. Wonshik’s heart dropped. Dimples. Jaehwan punched Wonshik’s arm and slung his own around his neck.

 

“This is Ravi. It’s his birthday.”

 

“Oh? How old?”

 

Wonshik tried to swallow but found he didn’t have the saliva. “23..”

 

Kongsook took note of his embarrassment and grinned knowingly. “Cool, I’m 23 too. I’ll be back with your order.” The girl left and Wonshik heaved a held in breath. Today was not his day. “What’s with the code name? Ken? Who’s Barbie?” Jaehwan’s finger poked his side and Wonshik yelped. “Not funny. You need nicknames here. It’s a secret business. I’m Ken, Taekwoon hyung is Leo and now you're Ravi.” Why is it secret? It’s a music club. Wonshik was about to ask why when the lights dimmed and everyone began to clap. One light was on a microphone stand, and the ghost of Wonshik’s life walked up to it and held onto it with light grace. Her makeup was positively beautiful and Wonshik found that he couldn’t take his eyes off those red ruby lips.


 

A white ice flower that bloomed

Puts its face out in the welcoming wind

It sheds tears over the wordless and nameless past

Hiding in the cold wind

Melting down under the single ray of sunlight

That’s how you came to me once more

 

There was a light piano riff behind her voice, but it was only background noise. Her tone was deep and melodic and Wonshik wasn’t sure if he had ever heard anything better in his entire life. Time held still as she sang, the words melting into the air like the sun interrupting winter’s icy glow.

 

Only good memories, only a longing heart

On the path where you left me

I’m standing alone

Only until I can forget you, until I will be alright

I’ll swallow my tears and at the end of my wait

I will bloom once again

 

They made eye contact and Wonshik felt like the only person in the room. The performance finished calmly and Kongsook quickly left the stage. Wonshik almost forgot he wasn’t alone until a plate of hot fries was set on their table, Taekwoon not waiting for anyone to eat.

 

“Leo~~!”

 

The girl from before propped herself comfortably on Taekwoon’s lap and began to pick at their fries, which got gravy on her cheek.

 

“Yah, I payed for these, you know! Be thankful.”

 

Jaehwan used a fry and waved it in the air, chewing on it as he talked. “Don’t be mad, Nmi noona, Leo’s just salty he’s missing cat week on Animal Planet.” Nmi blinked in surprise and cuddled closer to Taekwoon’s neck. “Today is Bengal day! How can he be missing that?!” Taekwoon pushed Nmi off his neck but still held her close by her waist and fed her more fries. Wonshik didn’t need to know anything, these two were meant for eachother. He did know one thing and he had to ask it now. “Jae- ah, Ken hyung, what is this place? We both know Leo hyung isn’t into girls.”

 

“Ah, my dear friend, you found out the hidden gem of this bar. Everyone here..-” Jaewhan leaned into Wonshik’s ear,

 

“Is a man.”

 

Wonshik looked at him with wide eyes. “A man? Even..”

 

“Yes! Even our dear Kongsookie. A man. Has a pistol in the chamber. Locked and loaded. Egg in the basket. It’s a guy.”

 

Wonshik couldn’t wrap his head around it, but he didn’t have time because it was nearing the time for the bar to close. Jaehwan tipped the table and walked everyone out. The stars were decorating the dark night sky by now and the air became warmer. The night was less of hell on earth than Wonshik expected, which was good, until he almost bumped into someone walking to their car. They pushed their glasses up on their face and waved in apology before going on their way, but Wonshik couldn’t help but feel like they looked familiar.




 

The night smelled of dew and intrigue, but it still didn’t help explain to Wonshik why he was back in the same alleyway he was a few days ago. He didn’t bring Jaewhan with him, mainly because of his embarrassment to why this place drew him in so much, but he had someone he wanted to talk to. Wonshik knew that beating around the bush was cowardly, but he wasn’t ready to talk to her yet. Or him, he corrected himself in his head, but to be honest, neither mattered. The staircase encased in velvet was the same as it always was, and Wonshik felt extremely under dressed. This was only a visit, and he tried not to think about it. He walked in and reveled in the smell of warm peach tea in the air.

 

Wonshik was about to pull a chair at the main bar when a hand grabbed at his arm. It was a man, an inch shorter than Wonshik and his skin was tan and pristine. His fluffy black hair was under a wool cap and his lip pouted with disappointment. The coat he was wearing looked like it was eating him whole. The hand on Wonshik’s arm went back to the man’s hip in flamboyant fashion.

 

“Leo isn’t with you?” The man’s eyes thinned in thought and Wonshik took his best guess at who it was, knowing the kind of people that worked here.

 

“..Nmi.. noona? No, I came here by myself. I actually wanted to talk to you.”

 

Nmi’s eyes widened but then a knowing look went on his face. “You know about this place then. Good. You're smarter than I thought, Ravi.”

 

“Ah, no Jae- Ken told me. I don’t mind what you guys do here. It’s kind of cool actually. You look great as a girl.”

 

Nmi grinned and posed like a model, leaning on the bar counter. “Thank you dear, you flatter me kindly. You can call me Hakyeon by the way, but never while we're in here. Bar rules. I’m here to collect my money for the week. The bar is closed for today. I’m headed over to Ken’s for dinner if you want to come with me. I’m late though, so we better get going.”


 

The cab ride was short enough, Wonshik didn’t realise how close they lived to the bar, but Wonshik explained to Hakyeon on their way into the apartment building him and Jaehwan’s relationship, including his lack of an outside life.

 

“Explains why you're such a limp noodle. Sookie is the same way. You could never get her to stay in a normal bar or club. She’d rather be laying on the couch all night. I envy her. My body needs to dance to live.” Hakyeon knocked on the door and it quickly opened, with Taekwoon instead of Jaewhan and the two made their way inside. Taekwoon kept close like a lost puppy. Wonshik couldn’t tell if it was cute or confusing. He didn’t question it.

 

“You two came together? Ah, Shikkie, you liked that bar more than you thought hm?” Wonshik waved Jaewhan’s mile wide grin off and went into the kitchen to grab a beer. “What kind of name is Shikkie?” A voice came from the living room. Everyone was sitting around the couch, Hakyeon flicking through the movies on the TV. Wonshik settled on the floor next to Taekwoon.

 

“It’s Wonshik.”

Hakyeon stuck his tongue from his mouth. “Sounds lame. Cute.. but lame.”

 

It wasn’t Wonshik’s perfect choice either, but it was his name and he lived with it fine.

 

“Everyone okay with a comedy? I know Taekwoonie can’t handle horror.”

 

At that remark, Taekwoon huffed in his place. Hakyeon rubbed his shoulders and carded his fingers through Taekwoon’s hair. The movie was one they had all seen before but still enjoyed. A girl got lost in a magical woods. Cliche plot, but the jokes were good. The movie was almost halfway done when wonshik went back to the kitchen to get everyone more snacks. A knock came from the front door and Wonshik paused in his steps. Were they expecting more people? Jaewhan didn’t tell him.

 

The front door opened to reveal a man about Wonshik’s height and age, dark brown hair ruffled from running and cheeks red from the cold wind. They poked their head inside after they gave Wonshik a tired smile.

 

“Hakyeon hyung?”

 

“Come in Hongbinnie, the movie is almost over!”

 

Hongbin smiled with relief at knowing this was the right apartment and brushed lightly past Wonshik to place a box on the table. His hands rubbed together for warmth and they rubbed on his cheeks. Wonshik tried hard to take in the cute sight in front of him.

 

“I, uh.. brought dessert. I’m Hongbin by the way. A friend of Hakyeon hyung.”

 

Wonshik massaged the back of his neck and greeted him back. “Wonshik. Nice to meet you, Hongbin.” The idea tugged at his mind but.. “You look familiar, have we met before?”

 

Hongbin looked coyly at Wonshik as he hung his coat up, tilting his head to the right. “Have we? I would know a face like that.”

 

Those brunet eyes taunted him and Wonshik mulled into his beer as he walked back to the couch with the snacks. ‘A face like that?’ What’s that supposed to mean? Ugly? I’m a good looking guy thank you very much.

 

There was only one open seat and it was by Wonshik, so Hongbin put himself there and leaned himself on Hakyeon’s legs. The movie went on, but Wonshik’s eyes kept finding themselves looking at Hongbin. How did he know him?


 

The night ended with everyone hauling their tired limbs out of Jaewhan’s apartment and everyone’s numbers being exchanged. They all looked like they would be good friends, and Wonshik would be lying if he said he wasn’t excited about meeting Hongbin again. For his conscience and his heart.




 

Winter was making it’s way into the world and it was Wonshik’s least favorite season. He never liked to be cold and the snow, as pretty as it looked, made things colder. The world was gracing them with the blizzard of the century and it hit Wonshik while he was making a run for a new notebook. The streets were barren, everyone in their right minds being at home.The snow littered the lamp polls like a cloud and the whole world looked like it had stepped into a white heaven.  Luckily a cafe was open, and Wonshik made his way inside. The warm feeling in the air filled his heart with glee as he went up and ordered a hot chocolate. He could get some lyrics written while he was here. The barista called his order and Wonshik picked it up, looking around for a free table. It wasn’t crowded, but he found the answer to what was wracking his brain for the past few days sitting in the back corner seat. Hongbin was bundled in more than a few scarves, flipping through a big camera. Wonshik sat opposite him and Hongbin’s look of “you invaded my personal space” went into recognition.

 

“..Wonshik? Fancy meeting you here.”

 

Wonshik put his notebook and pen on the table and held his hand up for a fist bump greeting. Hongbin met his fist and took a sip of his latte. Hongbin was back looking at his camera, face focused on the photos he had taken. It looked like an interesting hobby, but Wonshik couldn’t take a good photo if he tried. His selca were all the same. V hand and a wink.

 

“You do photography?”

 

Hongbin’s face lit up and he nodded. “I took a class in college and i’ve been hooked ever since. It’s easy and you find yourself getting inspiration to take a pic and you don’t even realise it. You want to look at my photos?” Hongbin warned Wonshik to hold it carefully and don’t touch anything and he obliged, going back through the photos. They were good, he noticed, each looking like something he would see in an art gallery. Wonshik knew he wasn’t a good judge, but he knew they were good. Hongbin had talent. He handed it back to him.

 

“They're great. I didn’t know snow could make me feel so inspired.”

 

Hongbin laughed and Wonshik found himself laughing with him. He and Hongbin had a good connection. “How old are you?”

 

“I’m 23. My birthday passed in September. The 29th. You?”

 

“23 too. Mine’s in February though.”


 

“Cool.” Hongbin looked at the notebook Wonshik was writing in. “You write?”

 

“Yeah, lyrics. It’s lame, but I like to compose and rap. It’s a fun hobby.”

 

Hongbin took note. “I like music too. Park Hyoshin and guys like him. It’s nothing near rap though.”

 

Hongbin was a nice person to talk to, Wonshik found. The had a lot in common, like their taste in drinks and TV shows. Time and the weather passed them like the calm flow of a river and Wonshik looked up from his writing to find Hongbin had fallen asleep. His head was nestled in his crossed arms on the table and his lips were parted in each breath he took. His auburn hair draped along his coat and Wonshik realized what he meant by inspiration. He got his phone and took a photo, not keeping it for any reason in particular.


 

Months then passed, Wonshik and Hongbin bumping into each other in random places like the movies or grocery store. Jaewhan brought them to the bar more often and Wonshik became accustomed to the relaxed routine.






 

The night as a quiet one, Wonshik lounging on the couch nursing a pint of ice cream. Green Tea, because vanilla was too plain for him. His life had been on quite the high road for the past few months. He had met a mysterious man lady, made a new friend who his mind was beginning to think there could be more of,  and a crossdressing bar had become his regular weekend hangout. The light above him whirred with life as he dug into another spoonful of ice cream, his phone ringing loudly as he the excess cream from his lips. The caller ID read ‘Hongbin’ and Wonshik had to put his hand over his heart to keep it from jumping from his chest. He coughed to fix his voice and he answered the phone with a deep “Hello?” What he got in return was laboured breathing and the sound of feet dragging on pavement. His heart dropped from his throat into his gut.

 

“W-wonshik.. can you pick me up? It’s an emergency..”

 

Wonshik kept his grip on the door handle of the cab, like the sheer force of his grip would make the ride go faster. The address Hongbin had given him was near the underground bar and he ran from the cab to the sidewalk where Kongsook was sitting on the curb, cradling Hakyeon under her arm. Hakyeon’s face looked like pure agony.

 

Wonshik found he couldn’t hold in his breath. “Kongsook..? What happened, where’s Hongbin?”

 

Kongsook gave Wonshik a look of anger but then it quickly went to exhaustion. “Wonshik, it’s me, Hongbin. Come on, you’re not surprised, but we’ll talk about it later. Lights from the stage fell on Hakyeon and I think he broke his leg.”

 

It was true, Wonshik wasn’t shocked at the realization, but they didn’t have time for talking right now. Wonshik went to the street to call a cab. The hospital wasn’t that far away. The cold air bit at his face and he hiked his scarf up higher.

“Do you know how it happened?”

 

Hakyeon bit a scream as Hongbin tried to get him to sit up and the sweat was beading on his forehead now. “No.. I turned around and someone was running off the stage as the light fell. Probably saw it happen before I did.”

 

Wonshik nodded and opened the door of the cab that arrived and went back to help Hakyeon get in. The tears were flooding his face as each move of his leg was torture. Taekwoon wasn’t going to be happy about this. Wonshik texted him, because if he had called, he would have wanted to talk to Hakyeon, and it wouldn’t have been a pretty thing to hear. The ride was quick but Hakyeon had passed out by the time they got to the ER and the nurses got him into a wheelchair right away. The doctor had Wonshik and Hongbin wait in the room Hakyeon would be placed in after the X rays were taken and Hongbin had excused himself to the bathroom to put on his clothes. His eyes were threatening to cry at any moment but he kept his poker face and sat back next to Wonshik, fiddling his fingers with the hem of his sweater.

 

“Hakyeon is going to be fine, you know.”

 

Hongbin leaned his head on Wonshik and sighed. “I know, this just keeps happening lately. Things keep breaking or falling. Only this time, someone actually got hurt.”

 

That got Wonshik thinking. “You think someone’s trying to hurt you guys on purpose? That sounds like a lot of accidents to be a random occurrence.”

 

“Maybe..”, Hongbin pulled his legs up on the chair, “I don’t know why anyone would though.”

 

The clock ticked at 11pm and Hongbin sat up, facing Wonshik and taking his chin to face him.

“You really didn’t know I was Kongsook? You looked like a smarter guy than that, but maybe I misjudged you.” Hongbin’s lips were in a thin smile and Wonshik fought back a cough.

 

“You really looked like a girl! It’s an honest mistake!”

 

“Okay. Then who’s prettier? Me or Kongsook?” Hongbin had his chin on his hands as he leaned close to Wonshik’s face and he could practically feel Hongbin’s breath on his lips. Their moment was interrupted though, because a nurse was bringing Hakyeon back into the room with Taekwoon, who looked like he had seen a million ghosts. Hakyeon looked positively done with the day and his leg was in a white cast.

 

“How’s life hyung?”

 

“Life , Hongbin-ah.”

 

Hongbin laughed. “At least you Broke a leg’”.” A common term to give luck to someone performing. Hakyeon didn’t find the pun amusing.

 

Taekwoon pushed Hakyeon back into the bed and played with his hair.

“When are the drugs they gave you kicking in?”

 

Hakyeon looked at his leg and plopped his head back on the pillow. “When the disgusting hospital jello starts talking to me. They didn’t even give me lemon flavour. How cruel.”

 

Taekwoon gave a light laugh and Hongbin excused himself to get a cup of coffee. Wonshik followed, because it looked like the other two needed time alone. Hongbin walked down the hallway and eyed into each window to the patient's room. The silence was unnerving. Wonshik hated hospitals, especially at night.

 

“So.” Wonshik began as Hongbin dumped what looked like the entire container of milk and sugar into his cup. “How did you get into this dress like a girl business?”

 

Hongbin stirred his drink and sat on one of the chairs by the wall. Wonshik joined him.

 

“I’ve known Hakyeon forever and he always liked wearing wigs and trying on makeup. I didn’t mind it and when he would put it on me, I think I looked pretty good. We got better at it as time went on, and then that job at the bar opened up and it looked like a perfect fit. Not an interesting story.”

 

“It’s interesting to me. I’d probably look like a clown if I tried that.”

 

That got Hongbin to look at Wonshik and he put his cup on the table and placed his hands on the other man’s face. Each finger brushed over each muscle and bone, making Wonshik’s heart race with every touch. He probably looked as red as a tomato.

 

“You do have a manly face.. but nothing contouring and eyeliner can’t help with. I think I can make you look pretty cute, Wonshik. With how red you look right now i’d say your colour is rose.”

 

Their faces kept like that until Hongbin lowered his eyes and put his hand on Wonshik’s leg, getting no look in return. Wonshik was clearly nervous, and Hongbin conceded, looking at the time on his phone.

 

“How about we leave for the night, Taekwoon has things under control here. Your place?”



 

The two ended up crashing on Wonshik’s bed, but not before Wonshik got a good look at Hongbin’s face. The face he had seen a million times under the light of the bar, covered in eyeliner and lipstick. The eyes that always found their way to his, even through all the people in the room. That nose, those cheeks, those dimples, everything was what Wonshik had seen before. He has looked at that face before, but now, asleep next to him, Wonshik felt like it was the first time he had ever seen anything that beautiful. He put his hand gently on Hongbin’s cheek and rubbed his thumb before turning to go to bed himself.

 

Hongbin opened his eyes.




 

A knock on the wall brought Hongbin out from his daze as he put on his eyeliner and he yelled from the chair.

 

“Come in! Oh, but only if your a really lame guy who has a pig face!”

 

Wonshik pushed through the red curtains to the girls changing room with a pained look on his face. Hongbin laughed so hard he almost fell to the floor.

 

“Don’t make me regret coming here to bring you your food. You didn’t even tip me for delivery.”

Hongbin got up and took the food from his hands gratefully and bumped their hips together. “Yes, but you’re my favorite delivery boy.”

 

Wonshik made himself at home sat next to Hongbin, fiddling with his makeup. He didn’t even know there were so many kinds of peach coloured lipstick.

 

“Want to try it on?” Hongbin offered through the ridiculous face he was making trying to put on his fake eyelashes. Wonshik thought about it, but wasn't sure. He trusted Hongbin but it was an idea he hadn’t tried before. What would he look like?  Hongbin fixed his wig and turned his seat to put them both face to face. “That’s actually what I wanted to talk to you about, Wonshik. Hakyeon can’t wait on the tables right now because of his leg, but..” Hongbin looked at the table with his makeup on it and then looked back at Wonshik. “..You can. Hear me out, hear me out. All you have to do is take their order, they won’t think twice about how you look because they all know we’re guys here. Wonshik, we really need your help. Don’t worry about looking like a girl, I can help you. Just..”



 

If Hongbin needed his help, Wonshik wasn’t about to tell him no, but he had too many doubts in his mind to give a direct answer. He could, but.. could he?


 

"Give me one good reason why I should wear a dress." Hongbin leaned closer to Wonshik’s chest and leaned his head in the crane of Wonshik’s neck, breathing in his musk. His arms held Wonshik close and Wonshik wondered if he was dreaming. “Me”, Hongbin whispered, “Do it for me.

 

The kiss that happened in that room was one Wonshik would never forget.




 

"H-how long have you been standing there?" Hakyeon shrieked, covering himself with part of the changing curtain. His wig was half on his head and his lips barely glossed.His skin was more than glowing in the dim yellow light. Taekwoon regained his composure and placed the box by Hakyeon’s cell phone on the makeup table, but he ended up knocking over the eyeliner tray. Hakyeon laughed and fixed his wig, dress half on him and took Taekwoon’s hand, leading him to a chair. Taekwoon’s eyes were trained on the floor and a hand came to lift his chin so their eyes met. “You.. you forgot to eat yesterday, so I made you dinner. I’m sorry Hak-.” A pink nailed finger was put on his lips and Hakyeon leaned closer, bumping their noses together. “Thank you Taekwoonie.. that was very nice of you.” Their hands made their way to each other's waists and Hakyeon pressed a light kiss to Taekwoon’s lips.

 

“You watching my performance tonight?” Taekwoon nodded. “Are you going to film Wonshik dressed as a girl and torment him with it for the rest of his life?” Taekwoon nodded. “Good.” Hakyeon laughed. “It’s going to be a great night.”


 

Wonshik looked at his female self in the mirror and fought between confusion and attraction. He really did make an okay looking woman and the dress and wig Hongbin picked out for him fit like a glove. It was an all black long sleeve gown and a ebony wig in a high ponytail. His makeup was like it always was but Hongbin had added a smokey eye and it all fit together. A hand grazed up from his thigh to his arm and Hongbin’s head poked from the back. “How did I do?”


 

“Great.. I think I might fall in love with myself..”

That got him a smack in the as Hongbin put on his well known red lipstick.

 

“Get out there Ravina.



 

The floor of the bar was crowded tonight, and for good reason. Everyone had heard about Nmi’s injury and came to watch her performance. Plus, tonight was buy one drink get one free night. The night had been going pretty well in Wonshik- er Ravina’s opinion. Only two people spilled their drink on her and she didn’t give anyone the wrong drink order. A hand crept on his waist and nudged him in the side, face eyeing the drink in his hand. It was one of the girls, Sanghye.

 

"Can I finish that?"

 

"Sanghye, your underage, you can't have a vodka shot."

 

"I don't get to show these off for nothing, come on!" Sanghye gestured to her pair of fake D cup s and Wonshik couldn't hold back a snort. That kid was a handful but she made good drink sales. Wonshik patted her brown wig and went back to his work. Hongbin was fixing the stage for Hakyeon’s performance and the two waved to each other, Hongbin making his big ghost eyes at Wonshik, and they both couldn’t help but laugh. Things felt nice. A man making his way forward brushed past Wonshik with alarming force and he didn’t look like he was stopping.

 

“Damn jerk, what’s his problem?”

 

Wonshik didn’t have to wait long for an answer, because a shriek came from behind him, a voice clearly in a struggle. Hongbin was on the the floor of the stage looking like he had just been hit, a red mark growing angrily on his cheek. The man towering above him was clearly drunk beyond his years and his foot was pulling Hongbin’s dress like he was scraping gum off his shoe. Hongbin tried to pull his legs back but the man only pulled harder. Gripping Hongbin by the collar of his dress, the man’s face became too close for Hongbin to take and he turned away as much as he could.

 

“You think you can keep ignoring my letters, heuh? You're the prettiest girl i’ve ever seen, why are you ignoring me, heuh?!”

 

Hongbin couldn’t count how many ways this felt uncomfortable, but his fear put his mind in overdrive, his mind going blank. Each puff of liquor laced breath on his neck freezing him even more.

 

His eyes were pleading Wonshik for help, and Wonshik couldn’t stand back any longer and he jumped the edge of the stage, decking the drunk man in the face.

 

Hongbin tried to get help but found his ankle throbbing in pain. He must have sprained it when he was hit. He leaned behind him and yelled as loud as he could. “Leo! Call the police! Sanghye, kick his !”

 

People from the front row blocked any way of escape from the drunken patron and Sanghye jumped onto the stage and gave the man a roundhouse kick to the back with her five inch heels. Wonshik was grateful for their help and let Taekwoon and Sanghye handle the man while he went to Hongbin’s side. He looked shaken up but Wonshik knew he’d rather leave and have fresh air.

 

“I’m going to kill that bastard..” Wonshik pulled Hongbin to his side and lifted the lower part of his dress. Hongbin’s ankle was beginning to redden and swell and it definitely couldn’t be feeling good. “You know that guy?”

 

Hongbin took a fistfull of Wonshik’s dress, trying to pull himself up. “No.. we get letters and people trying to get with us all the time, but you ignore it. It’s the nature of the job, but it can get ugly. This hasn’t happened to me yet, and I didn’t want it to happen when you were here...” Wonshik gave Hongbin a worried look, but Hongbin pulled him close and gave him a hug that felt like it was years long.

 

“My big tough boyfriend kicked that guys , how manly.” The voice was covered by wig hair, but Wonshik heard it and couldn’t be happier. Confused once again, but happy. “Your big tough boyfriend?” Hongbin gave him those famous dimples as he grinned and put a lipstick mark on his cheek.

 

“Yes.”



 

Hakyeon’s leg healed after a few weeks and he couldn’t wait to tell everyone because at 4am Wonshik’s phone was ringing in his ear, making him go deaf. The sound rang throughout the apartment and an arm was quick to climb on top of Wonshik, a body using the least amount of effort it could to crawl and hang up the phone. Which is how a half asleep Hongbin was now fully asleep on top of a half awake Wonshik. They were both tired from before and Wonshik pulled Hongbin flush to his chest, reveling in the smell of his hair.

 

“..You know Hakyeon hyung has a key, right?”

 

Wonshik groaned in protest and pulled the covers over them, hoping they could sleep forever.




---

 

Hongbin is dressed like this                                                                

Nmi is normal VIXX GIRLS 'So Hot' and Wonshik is dressed like his casual clothes in VIXX LR promotions.

I'm not confident in this fic but here you go..

 

-Yuumimi