Jungkook

Mr. MVP

                I read the second part of the post. Erica sure knew me all too well. I saw her the other day, the day after the second finals game that is. She has a fading black to blonde hair now, it suits her, it looks natural for a person who always had raven black hair.

                Also, while I was training in the gym, I saw her peeking from the door, she even signaled someone to keep quiet but I didn’t have the time to see who she was having a silent conversation with. We’ve been playing for so long we decided to take a short water break, when I turned around and saw the doorway, no one was there, and when I looked around, she wasn’t there anymore, she left.

“Why are you looking around so much?” One of my team mates asked.

“Nothing, just thought I saw someone familiar.”

                She definitely does look different. She doesn’t look slim anymore, she looks like she’s been working out, the chubby cheeks she used to have already disappeared, and also one thing I noticed is the spark in her eyes, she doesn’t have it anymore.

“Hanah, will you get mad at me if I tell you I am thinking of my ex right now?” I asked her once when we were given a break that day.

“Depends on what kind of thoughts you have on her.”

“I saw her earlier, she looks different. She doesn’t look like the shy and quiet girl I used to know.”

                She didn’t get mad at me, maybe just a little jealous, but she wasn’t angry. She even told me that she read the post on the school blog and immediately she knew it was me. No one else knew who the post was about. Almost everyone at school is trying to find out who Mr. MVP is.

                Maybe I was right, Erica is not the shy and quiet girl anymore. I heard she already finished her OJT. She’s on the top now, while here I am with my last playing year. After this Univesiade, I will be taking care of my requirements for graduation. Hanah will also be graduating this year.

“Back to training.” My team mate said after a couple of minutes.

                Training is harsh, it’s tiring, but nevertheless, it’s fun. On twitter we have competition hosted by the Universiade organizers, where the first school who reaches the top 1 trending topic will win a food truck at their school. Our school’s hashtag is #HaveCourage, we already reached the first spot on the trending list. The students are enjoying two food trucks on campus with our team standees on the side. It made me think how popular and known our team is. Is this one of the reasons she left me? I asked myself, but then again, I saw Hanah and all thoughts of Erica faded. Erica is my past, Hanah is my present, and I hope she’ll also be my future.

                I promised myself I’m going to move on completely, but when I met Hanah, at first I just saw Erica in her, but now it’s different, she is my Hanah, my one and only Hanah, and no one will be able to change that. Erica will always be a part of my past but it’s time to put my past aside and concentrate on what’s at the present. It’s time to think of my future but before all that, I will make sure to make this Universiade memorable especially for my team mates and the coaching staff. It’s been ten years since EAU had the crown, maybe it’s time to add something to the school history. I hope to be able to take back that crown.