one.

행복을 찾아라, 송수아! Find Happiness, Song Sooah!
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE
"A new start, a new beginning, excited to see how it will become" — Move, Bangtan Sonyeondan

The autumn wind caressed her lightly-tinted cheeks as she walked under the autumn-kissed trees. The beauty named Song Sooah, earphone buds in ear currently playing out iKon's Airplane, carefully walked to her campus, one of the best universities in the whole country. You may have heard of it, surely because Yonsei University is known to be a part of the SKY Universities in South Korea. What luck was it for Yonsei to have such a beauty as Song Sooah enrolling in their university. Not to mention, she was majoring in Business Administration, known to be quite a tough undergraduate program. Many would look upon her with envious eyes, all wanting to have her kind of life; Full scholarship, Visually-stunning face, Proportional measurements and what most envy the most, all the wealth one could ask for. Many of her male peers try to court her the best way they can, only to be rejected politely with the ridiculous excuse of "wanting to focus on studies". 

If it was like any other day, Sooah would be greeted by her younger brother, Soohyun who would've instantly embraced her affectionately. Yet, it wasn't like the other days. Her brother never came to greet her a good morning and she had to proceed to her lecture, drawing many possible theories on exactly why he wasn't there. Oh, to any other person, not being greeted by your younger sibling would never bother them but Sooah treasured the small things in life and she viewed her brother's morning greetings to be her energy booster that would help her pull through the day. You could say that Sooah always valued the sentimental value in everything. She could always feel touched from the small things in life; the small actions, gestures and expressions people give way everyday.

Sooah sat quietly in her seat in the front row of the class, determined to take as much notes as possible and to listen to the lecture as much as possible. She checked the time on her phone again. Seven thirty, there was still about thirty minutes until the professor would come in. Sooah neatly organized her things in the mean time and decided to call her brother. She couldn't shake away that curiosity and wanted to ask him. The first time she called, he didn't answer. The second time and the third time were also useless. He didn't answer at all. Sooah ended up giving up on calling him. She counted until one hundred. On the forty fifth mark, her phone vibrated. Song Soohyun maknaeng<3, the caller ID affectionately read. She smiled, knowing that he would never ignore two or three missed calls from his beloved sister. She happily took the call, trying not to show her happy tone.

"So, what does my lovely goddess of a sister want to say to me?", his cheerful and lively voice on the other side of the phone put a smile on her face.

"Where are you at? My lecture doesn't start until thirty minutes when Professor Kyung comes in and to make matters short, I am extremely bored", she rolled her eyes as her eyes scanned the room. Still empty. 

"Aha, you are cracking me up, sis. Oh, and I had to treat the guys to some early morning coffee so I couldn't see your beautiful face today", Sooah heard animated crying noises from her brother, adding an entertaining effect to his statement.

"Aw, you lost at rock-paper-scissors again? You must really at it. I'm okay with that, just treat me to some of that coffee later.", She smiled.

"Of course, anything for my older sister whom I love and adore until the ends of the Earth.", Sooah wanted to vomit her breakfast at her brother's cheesy and overly-exaggerated sentence. Her brother was the best at cringe-worthy sentences and pick-up lines and only God knows why.

"Aw, you're too kind, dear brother. Okay, I have to go. Bye." She hung up and stared at her phone for a second.

She was satisfied with her brief conversation with her brother, though it wasn't really anything meaningful. She knew he was busy as she was, being a Law major in Yonsei. Though they major in two totally different things, they could always seem to connect and meet up as a normal pair of siblings, who honestly gets mistaken for a young couple many times. She smiled again and decided to plug her earphones back into her ear for some relaxing time alone. As the first few seconds of the song started, she burst into a smile. f(x)'s 4 Walls, what perfect timing. She instantly got into the feel of the song and started humming the whole song as she opened up a novel she had just recently purchased, All The Bright Places. Sooah was in peace, gathering just enough good vibes and energy to pull through what she predict would be a long day.

One by one, her fellow peers started to come in. Sooah cared less about them, though. She never really focused on making friends or enemies at campus. She was accepted to enroll there to study and until now, that has been her only activity at school. She used to love going to gatherings or hangouts or even group studies but she's never really gathered the courage to socialize with others in events like those ever since last autumn. Sooah is classified to be a solo act, meaning she did everything alone just fine. It was only in group assignments that she would try to take charge of everything and get things organized.

Sooah's eyes scanned the lecture room again. One by one, the seats were being filled and everyone was interacting with each other, socializing while Sooah just sat there, listening to music as she entered her own bubble. Novel in hand, earphones in ear, Sooah felt like nothing was bound to be wrong. She had this feeling that today would be an event less day. Sooah's eyes shifted to the seats next to her. Sooah could see the owners' bags and belongings but she figured the owners themselves were off, hanging out with their friends. Sooah didn't feel lonely. Well, at least that's what she talks herself into thinking. Was she alright by herself? Is the presence of her brother enough to ease her inner loneliness? Who knows.

Sooah's concerns and daydreaming were cut short as the sight of the professor instantly got the entire class went on a frenzy to return to their seats. Sooah tried to hold in her laughter and made herself look somewhat busy. She settled in her phone and earphones in her bag and took out her reading glasses from the case. Though she was as near to the professor's writing as she can get, she would always wear her reading glasses to see better. It also makes her feel more mature. Sooah took out her notebook and several different colored pens and set them aside on her table. She would always pay attention to the professor's lecture befor

Please log in to read the full chapter